Norton Goback Problem

Adam

I installed Norton goback. The instalation went just fine. When i restart my
computer it takes for ever for the goback screen to strart up. Has any one
else had this problem. Any help would be wonderful.

Have you contacted Symantec to get their take on this?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Norton goback. The instalation went just fine. When i restart
>my
> computer it takes for ever for the goback screen to strart up. Has any one
> else had this problem. Any help would be wonderful.

Mike

Splendid

Diaboyos wrote:
> "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I installed Norton goback. The instalation went just fine. When i restart
> my
> > computer it takes for ever for the goback screen to strart up. Has any one
> > else had this problem. Any help would be wonderful.
>
> I remember awhile back Norton advised not to install their GoBack program
> onto an XP machine due to conflicts. This may have been fixed by now as
> this was years back, but if not that may be the problem.

YEP! Same prob, BUT I upgraded to 4.0, and subsequently to 4.01 and
now I'm very pleased! Look into the GOBACK files and look for the
"PROTECTED BY GOBACK" GIF, or BTM or JPG, whatever it is. I zapped mine
from the GOBACK files because I felt that it was slowing up the
boot...and I believe I was right! Mike