I have a Cannon DV ZR 100 camcorder. I recently purchased a DYNEX 3 port PCI
Firewire IEEE 1394 Card and DV cable. The card model # is DX-FC-103. This
card is labled as a Plug & Play device which I'm assuming is why it didn't
come with software to load. I have tried using three different video capture
programs and come up with the same basic error message: With ROXIO 6 DVD
Builder I get "The Cannon DV Camcorder Device was not Detected." With
ArcSoft Showbiz I get "Cannot connect DV Camcorder device or power is not
on". With Ulead Video Studio 7 I get "Unable to switch to Capture Mode. Check
if your video capture driver is working properly." I've updated up to
Service Pack 2 and Movie Maker as desperate attempts to get these two items
to connect. Device Manager shows the OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host controller
working properly and it shows 1394 Net Adapter #2 working properly. . Am I
supposed to alter some settings in my windows program to get them to work?
Please help. Thanks.

Is the camcorder turned on, in VCR mode and connected to an external power
source?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is the camcorder turned on, in VCR mode and connected to an external power
> source?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Luigi53a" <Luigi53a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Cannon DV ZR 100 camcorder. I recently purchased a DYNEX 3 port
> >PCI
> > Firewire IEEE 1394 Card and DV cable. The card model # is DX-FC-103.
> > This
> > card is labled as a Plug & Play device which I'm assuming is why it didn't
> > come with software to load. I have tried using three different video
> > capture
> > programs and come up with the same basic error message: With ROXIO 6 DVD
> > Builder I get "The Cannon DV Camcorder Device was not Detected." With
> > ArcSoft Showbiz I get "Cannot connect DV Camcorder device or power is not
> > on". With Ulead Video Studio 7 I get "Unable to switch to Capture Mode.
> > Check
> > if your video capture driver is working properly." I've updated up to
> > Service Pack 2 and Movie Maker as desperate attempts to get these two
> > items
> > to connect. Device Manager shows the OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host
> > controller
> > working properly and it shows 1394 Net Adapter #2 working properly. . Am I
> > supposed to alter some settings in my windows program to get them to work?
> > Please help. Thanks.

Yes it is. I just found out that I needed to download some software from the
Cannon website for my camcorder. It seems that Cannon didn't bother to
inform customers of this extra step.