DVD drivers for Windows Media Player?

I got this DVD and the video plays ok but on my PC but the audio does not
work. Im using Windows Media Player 10 and latest version. Is there a
free driver somewhere to download that will allow WMP to play audio from a
DVD?.

I tried one of the limited use drivers on the downloadable from the Windows
WMP website and then I could get audio to play. but you have to pay $ for
those after the demo period is up.

Any tips..thanks!

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center"
2. Type DVD in the search box, hit enter.
3. Click on "DVD Troubleshooter".
4. You probably need a new DVD decoder.

DVD Support in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

DVD Decoders for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/buypacks.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"trs80" wrote:

| I got this DVD and the video plays ok but on my PC but the audio does not
| work. Im using Windows Media Player 10 and latest version. Is there a
| free driver somewhere to download that will allow WMP to play audio from a
| DVD?.
|
| I tried one of the limited use drivers on the downloadable from the Windows
| WMP website and then I could get audio to play. but you have to pay $ for
| those after the demo period is up.
|
| Any tips..thanks!

Install the program that came with your DVD player. It will install the
codec. After that, you can use WMP to play DVDs.

courtney