combo dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd changer

i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have a
changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can i
find one?

so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

thanks,
slate
6 answers Last reply
More about combo video audio sacd changer
  1. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    <ruppie30@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d3n1hl02tgh@news4.newsguy.com...
    > i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
    > changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
    > with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have a
    > changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can i
    > find one?
    >
    > so far i've been able to find single disc players only...
    >
    > thanks,
    > slate

    I believe Sony, Onkyo, and Marantz all make them. Suggest you buy the Sound
    & Vision Annual Directory at the newstand....there may be more.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    Harry Lavo wrote:
    > <ruppie30@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
    > > changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a
    device
    > > with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone
    have a
    > > changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where
    can i
    > > find one?
    > >
    > > so far i've been able to find single disc players only...
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > > slate
    >
    > I believe Sony, Onkyo, and Marantz all make them. Suggest you buy
    the Sound
    > & Vision Annual Directory at the newstand....there may be more.

    He might have a tough time finding that on a newstand at this late
    date, and the new one won't be out till fall. I just ran through the
    2005 directory, and the only manufacturers with multidisk universal
    players were Integra, Onkyo, and Toshiba. (Has Sony ever made a machine
    that plays DVD-A?) Model numbers are probably already obsolete. I'd
    suggest starting on those manufacturers' Web sites.

    bob
  3. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    ruppi...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
    > changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
    > with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have
    > changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can
    > find one?
    >
    > so far i've been able to find single disc players only...

    Crutchfield has two universal changers--a Toshiba on close-out for $100
    and an Onkyo for $500.

    bob
  4. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    ruppie30@yahoo.com wrote:
    > i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
    > changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a device
    > with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone have a
    > changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where can i
    > find one?
    >
    > so far i've been able to find single disc players only...
    >
    > thanks,
    > slate

    Here's a few:

    http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_25454.htm

    http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_23887.htm

    http://ww1.onecall.com/PID_23923.htm

    The Toshiba SD6915 is on sale for $89! It has progressive scan, too. How
    can you go wrong? :)
  5. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    thanks for the feedback. does anyone here own any of these players?
    can you recommend one over the other? based on information at onecall,
    the yamaha looks most attractive, as it plays more media types (cdr,
    dvd-r, dvd+r/w, etc) than the others. however, i'm a little shy of
    yamaha, as my current dvd changer has some problems with stuttering on
    home-grown dvds.

    is the onkyo worth the extra cost?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    nabob33@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Harry Lavo wrote:
    > > <ruppie30@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > i'm looking for a good quality dvd-video, dvd-audio and sacd dvd
    > > > changer, preferably a 5 disc variety, but i would entertain a
    > device
    > > > with larger storage capabilities. any suggestions? does anyone
    > have a
    > > > changer like this currently? who makes it? model number? where
    > can i
    > > > find one?
    > > >
    > > > so far i've been able to find single disc players only...
    > > >
    > > > thanks,
    > > > slate
    > >
    > > I believe Sony, Onkyo, and Marantz all make them. Suggest you buy
    > the Sound
    > > & Vision Annual Directory at the newstand....there may be more.

    > He might have a tough time finding that on a newstand at this late
    > date, and the new one won't be out till fall. I just ran through the
    > 2005 directory, and the only manufacturers with multidisk universal
    > players were Integra, Onkyo, and Toshiba. (Has Sony ever made a machine
    > that plays DVD-A?) Model numbers are probably already obsolete. I'd
    > suggest starting on those manufacturers' Web sites.

    A google search using the terms

    "universal changer" SACD

    will bring up the mfrs and the model numbers.

    --

    -S
    It's not my business to do intelligent work. -- D. Rumsfeld, testifying

High-End Audio DVD Audio Video