American Dragons only

You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.

You can go to www.unrealid.com and fax your representatives about this.
Please do so, it takes only a minute.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the
    > most
    > recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    > supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist
    > state.
    > Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.

    Just for a bit of perspective, I would note that my own driver's
    license already has all the same information this ID card will likely
    have, and it's already machine readable. Granted, I didn't need to
    present as much documentation to get it, and it's not readable by the
    feds, but it seems to me that it's not that enormous a change from
    what I have now.

    I think it's more relevent to people in states where this law will
    overturn state laws allowing illegal immigrants to get driver's
    licenses. I'm surprised I haven't seen as much mention of it on the
    news sources I read that usually balk at such things.

    -Ophidian
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 17:04:38 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    >recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    >supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    >Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    >
    >You can go to www.unrealid.com and fax your representatives about this.
    >Please do so, it takes only a minute.
    I did so. Of course, my Senator is Robert C. Byrd. Who has come out
    rather strongly about Shrub's administration's trampling of the
    Constitution by ... ah, you get the idea!
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > That's because it was just tacked onto the next Iraq budget bill.
    > It's
    > been tried on it's own and has always been defeated.

    The Real ID Act passed the House 261-161 back in Febuary, all by its
    lonesome.

    I read the site you posted; there were better sources elsewhere. That
    site didn't even link to the text of the Act itself.

    I don't support the Act (I certainly don't support ramming things
    through Congress by stapling them to must-pass bills). I'm just
    saying that unless you're an illegal immigrant or a judge, it's not a
    massive change from where we are now (it merely makes my
    already-machine-readable personal-data-containing card called the
    "Driver's license" somewhat easier to read for police officers not
    from Alabama).

    Actually, I'm better off under this system because the card will
    contain my driver's license number but not my SSN, which is on the
    current driver's license I have now.

    -Ophidian
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 05:05:07 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:

    >"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >

    >> That's because it was just tacked onto the next Iraq budget bill.
    >> It's
    >> been tried on it's own and has always been defeated.
    >
    >The Real ID Act passed the House 261-161 back in Febuary, all by its
    >lonesome.

    Like I said, it (or bills like it) have always been defeated. Passing
    half of congress |= passing into law.

    >I read the site you posted; there were better sources elsewhere. That
    >site didn't even link to the text of the Act itself.

    Well, that is the site that makes it easiest to respond. If you want more
    detail you can get it from the gov yourself here: http://thomas.loc.gov

    Other good articles are the Feb 11 one in Wash. Monthly found here:
    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_02/005632.php

    Ars Technica has one:

    Wired has one today too:
    http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,67471,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1

    >I don't support the Act (I certainly don't support ramming things
    >through Congress by stapling them to must-pass bills). I'm just
    >saying that unless you're an illegal immigrant or a judge, it's not a
    >massive change from where we are now (it merely makes my
    >already-machine-readable personal-data-containing card called the
    >"Driver's license" somewhat easier to read for police officers not
    >from Alabama).
    >
    >Actually, I'm better off under this system because the card will
    >contain my driver's license number but not my SSN, which is on the
    >current driver's license I have now.

    Don't worry. You'll just need photo ID besides your license, proof that
    your SS card is real (is bringing the little card enough proof?), your
    birth certificate, and proof of residence like a utility bill to get your
    state driver's license if this passes and isn't repealed.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Polychromic wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 05:05:07 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zwb2@cwru.edu> wrote:
    >

    >>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>That's because it was just tacked onto the next Iraq budget bill.
    >>>It's
    >>>been tried on it's own and has always been defeated.
    >>
    >>The Real ID Act passed the House 261-161 back in Febuary, all by its
    >>lonesome.
    >

    > Like I said, it (or bills like it) have always been defeated. Passing
    > half of congress |= passing into law.
    >

    >>I read the site you posted; there were better sources elsewhere. That
    >>site didn't even link to the text of the Act itself.
    >

    > Well, that is the site that makes it easiest to respond. If you want more
    > detail you can get it from the gov yourself here: http://thomas.loc.gov
    >
    > Other good articles are the Feb 11 one in Wash. Monthly found here:
    > http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_02/005632.php
    >
    > Ars Technica has one:
    > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050509-4886.html
    >
    > Wired has one today too:
    > http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,67471,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1
    >

    >>I don't support the Act (I certainly don't support ramming things
    >>through Congress by stapling them to must-pass bills). I'm just
    >>saying that unless you're an illegal immigrant or a judge, it's not a
    >>massive change from where we are now (it merely makes my
    >>already-machine-readable personal-data-containing card called the
    >>"Driver's license" somewhat easier to read for police officers not
    >
    >>from Alabama).
    >
    >>Actually, I'm better off under this system because the card will
    >>contain my driver's license number but not my SSN, which is on the
    >>current driver's license I have now.
    >

    > Don't worry. You'll just need photo ID besides your license, proof that
    > your SS card is real (is bringing the little card enough proof?), your
    > birth certificate, and proof of residence like a utility bill to get your
    > state driver's license if this passes and isn't repealed.

    I do not have a birth certificate. Does that mean I can be exempt?

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 07:39:21 -0700, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    wrote:

    >I do not have a birth certificate. Does that mean I can be exempt?

    You'll probably be executed on the spot as a terrorist or something.
    You should be able to get one from wherever you were born. All I have is
    a little wallet-sized pink card from King county (Seattle).

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Polychromic wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 07:39:21 -0700, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I do not have a birth certificate. Does that mean I can be exempt?
    >

    > You'll probably be executed on the spot as a terrorist or something.
    > You should be able to get one from wherever you were born. All I have is
    > a little wallet-sized pink card from King county (Seattle).

    The navy and the F.B.I. already tried to find one (when I joined the
    navy). I have nothing but a piece of paper that says something about
    the event of my birth being verified. Which, if you were to ask me,
    would be taken care of by the very fact that they were trying to recruit
    me in the first place. But that is just me.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    >>The Real ID Act passed the House 261-161 back in Febuary, all by its
    >>lonesome.
    >
    > Like I said, it (or bills like it) have always been defeated.
    > Passing
    > half of congress |= passing into law.

    That's true, but it certainly doesn't seem like a decisive defeat.
    Some people who are not anti-immigration loons support this, and they
    must have some rationale.

    > Don't worry. You'll just need photo ID besides your license, proof
    > that
    > your SS card is real (is bringing the little card enough proof?),
    > your
    > birth certificate, and proof of residence like a utility bill to get
    > your
    > state driver's license if this passes and isn't repealed.

    Hmm, currently the local library requires two photo ID's and a proof
    of residence just to get a library card, so this doesn't sound that
    much more onerous.

    My concern is that this system is an unfunded mandate dumped on the
    states and is extremely poorly thought out (largely because it has not
    gone through any filtering in senate debates). Last time I wrote my
    senator about something, I got a form letter related to the content
    that suggests someone, somewhere actually read it, which was nice.
    We'll see what happens this time.

    I don't have much of a philosophical squabble with the idea because it
    just doesn't seem that different from what exists now; it just makes
    it more standardized.

    -Ophidian
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    thehawk wrote:
    > Polychromic wrote:
    >
    > The navy and the F.B.I. already tried to find one (when I joined the
    > navy). I have nothing but a piece of paper that says something about
    > the event of my birth being verified. Which, if you were to ask me,

    And it's a good thing you have that much! If we couldn't verify that you
    have been born, then you are apparently a figment of somoene's imagination.

    -Lumina Dragon
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <ndnv7153aedjm8m9of8jd3dsicldok68ct@4ax.com>,
    macecil@comcast.net says...
    > You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    > recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    > supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    > Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    Then most of Europe is a fascist state since before WW2.

    > Polychromic

    - Nameless
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    LF wrote:
    > In article <ndnv7153aedjm8m9of8jd3dsicldok68ct@4ax.com>,
    > macecil@comcast.net says...
    >
    >>You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    >>recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    >>supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    >>Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    >
    > Then most of Europe is a fascist state since before WW2.

    But we already knew that, which is why we left in the first place.

    > - Nameless

    It's you!!

    -Lumina Dragon
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > thehawk wrote:
    >
    >> Polychromic wrote:
    >>
    >> The navy and the F.B.I. already tried to find one (when I joined the
    >> navy). I have nothing but a piece of paper that says something about
    >> the event of my birth being verified. Which, if you were to ask me,
    >

    > And it's a good thing you have that much! If we couldn't verify that you
    > have been born, then you are apparently a figment of somoene's imagination.
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon
    *chuckles* That might be cool.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > LF wrote:
    >
    >> In article <ndnv7153aedjm8m9of8jd3dsicldok68ct@4ax.com>,
    >> macecil@comcast.net says...
    >>
    >>> You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    >>> recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    >>> supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    >>> Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    >>

    >> Then most of Europe is a fascist state since before WW2.
    >

    > But we already knew that, which is why we left in the first place.
    >
    >> - Nameless
    >

    > It's you!!
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon
    How are you gentlemen?

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >LF wrote:
    >> In article <ndnv7153aedjm8m9of8jd3dsicldok68ct@4ax.com>,
    >> macecil@comcast.net says...
    >>
    >>>You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    >>>recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    >>>supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    >>>Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    >>
    >> Then most of Europe is a fascist state since before WW2.
    >
    >But we already knew that, which is why we left in the first place.

    No, you have been expelled for religious fundamentalism :P
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, LF <lf_news@smiling-WEB.NO.spam.com> wrote:

    >In article <ndnv7153aedjm8m9of8jd3dsicldok68ct@4ax.com>,
    >macecil@comcast.net says...
    >> You probably haven't heard about the ID amendment tacked onto the most
    >> recent Iraq war budget bill. If it passes, within 3 years we will
    >> supposedly be one of those "your papers!" 1984 Orwellian fascist state.
    >> Everyone will be required to carry a national ID card.
    >Then most of Europe is a fascist state since before WW2.

    I looked it up and we have to have an ID here in germany, though the
    law is a bit unclear about whether you always have to carry it with
    you.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! thehawk wrote:
    <snip>
    > The navy and the F.B.I. already tried to find one (when I joined the
    > navy). I have nothing but a piece of paper that says something about
    > the event of my birth being verified. Which, if you were to ask me,
    > would be taken care of by the very fact that they were trying to recruit
    > me in the first place. But that is just me.

    Next time, you show them your UDIC Grand Roster to prove your birthday.
    :-)

    Anyways, I don't have a birth certificate either. All I have to prove my
    birthday in the U.S. is my passport.

    --
    Ashikaga a26
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <u77i81t0nm2fi0h69udqt05tfk2a7scn47@4ax.com>, claus@ultima-
    dragons.org says...
    > I looked it up and we have to have an ID here in germany, though the
    > law is a bit unclear about whether you always have to carry it with
    > you.
    AFAIK, it's like that in most of Europe. What varies is whether you have
    to carry it from when you're 16 or from when you're 18, but France,
    Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy at the very least have had the
    requirement at the very least since the end of WW2.

    > Claus

    - Nameless
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth LF <lf_news@smiling-WEB.NO.spam.com>:
    > France, Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy at the very least have had
    > the requirement at the very least since the end of WW2.

    You're mistaken on at least one score, Nameless. Britain currently has
    no ID card laws -- in fact, the Government is talking about introducing
    them in the coming Parliament:
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >> France, Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy at the very least have had
    >> the requirement at the very least since the end of WW2.
    >
    >You're mistaken on at least one score, Nameless. Britain currently has
    >no ID card laws -- in fact, the Government is talking about introducing
    >them in the coming Parliament:
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4554827.stm

    To jump to his defense:
    In his original post, he was talking about "most of Europe" and that
    certainly does exclude the UK.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    thehawk wrote:
    > Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >
    >> thehawk wrote:
    >>
    >>> The navy and the F.B.I. already tried to find one (when I joined the
    >>> navy). I have nothing but a piece of paper that says something about
    >>> the event of my birth being verified. Which, if you were to ask me,
    >>
    >> And it's a good thing you have that much! If we couldn't verify that
    >> you have been born, then you are apparently a figment of somoene's
    >> imagination.
    >>
    > *chuckles* That might be cool.

    Depends on whose imagination.

    -Lumina Dragon
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <MPG.1cf4991b748a0636989858@usenet.plus.net>, Samurai@dev.nul
    says...
    > Quoth LF <lf_news@smiling-WEB.NO.spam.com>:
    > > France, Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy at the very least have had
    > > the requirement at the very least since the end of WW2.
    >
    > You're mistaken on at least one score, Nameless. Britain currently has
    > no ID card laws -- in fact, the Government is talking about introducing
    > them in the coming Parliament:
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4554827.stm
    You're not required to carry government issued ID of any kind once you
    turn 18? Curious, I had been told otherwise by british people I know,
    several times. I stand corrected, then, in relation to Britain.

    > Samurai Dragon

    - Nameless
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Claus Dragon <claus@ultima-dragons.org>:
    > To jump to his defense:
    > In his original post, he was talking about "most of Europe" and that
    > certainly does exclude the UK.

    True, but I'm not answering his original post, and in the one to which
    I replied, it was the UK "at the very least", no less. That's a clear
    inaccuracy.
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth LF <lf_news@smiling-WEB.NO.spam.com>:
    > You're not required to carry government issued ID of any kind once you
    > turn 18?

    Nope. Nor before. :)

    > Curious, I had been told otherwise by british people I know,
    > several times.

    I'm not sure how it happened -- the law is pretty clear -- but you've
    been misled. Until our driver's licence started having photographs put
    on it about eight years ago, we didn't even have anything that would
    /serve/ as an ID card. And not everyone here drives, of course.

    > I stand corrected, then, in relation to Britain.

    Don't count on it lasting long, though. As I mentioned, the British
    Government wants to introduce ID cards this year. It's still a bone of
    contention whether carrying them will be compulsory, though. If not, I
    really can't see the point of them at all. <:)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth Claus Dragon <claus@ultima-dragons.org>:
    >> To jump to his defense:
    >> In his original post, he was talking about "most of Europe" and that
    >> certainly does exclude the UK.
    >
    >True, but I'm not answering his original post, and in the one to which
    >I replied, it was the UK "at the very least", no less. That's a clear
    >inaccuracy.

    Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Claus Dragon <claus@ultima-dragons.org>:
    > Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)

    We're so used to being outside mainstream Europe, we just accept it as
    a state of being, these days. ;)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Claus Dragon wrote:
    > Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:
    >

    >>Quoth Claus Dragon <claus@ultima-dragons.org>:
    >>
    >>>To jump to his defense:
    >>>In his original post, he was talking about "most of Europe" and that
    >>>certainly does exclude the UK.
    >>
    >>True, but I'm not answering his original post, and in the one to which
    >>I replied, it was the UK "at the very least", no less. That's a clear
    >>inaccuracy.
    >
    > Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)

    It's a well-known fact that Breits have no sense of humor.

    Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.

    -Lumina Dragon
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth Claus Dragon <claus@ultima-dragons.org>:
    >> Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)
    >
    >We're so used to being outside mainstream Europe, we just accept it as
    >a state of being, these days. ;)

    Heh, good one :>
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
    > It's a well-known fact that Breits have no sense of humor.
    ^^^
    What, we're a nation of watchmakers or round-the-world balloonists,
    now?

    > Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.

    Jokes don't taste anywhere near so good with cream and jam, we've
    found. So we'll stick with the scones, thanks.
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >> Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)
    >
    >It's a well-known fact that Breits have no sense of humor.
    >
    >Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.

    You keep your humour, I prefer scones anyhow.
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Claus Dragon wrote:
    > Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>Yes, yes ... damn you for ignoring my weak joke :)
    >>
    >>It's a well-known fact that Breits have no sense of humor.
    >>
    >>Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.
    >

    > You keep your humour, I prefer scones anyhow.

    On Wednesdays, after you go shopping?

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Lumina Dragon:
    <snip>
    >> Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.
    >
    > Jokes don't taste anywhere near so good with cream and jam, we've
    > found. So we'll stick with the scones, thanks.

    LOL! I should have tasted scones while I was in London. I did try fish 'n
    chips but it was..., just like the US version, except it was much bigger
    (mine was Texas size), and the waitress couldn't understand me when I asked
    for BBQ sauce (to put on my fish 'n chips).

    And I bought some jam from Harrods. I don't understsnad why it says "extra
    jam" on the label.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
    > LOL! I should have tasted scones while I was in London. I did try fish 'n
    > chips but it was..., just like the US version, except it was much bigger
    > (mine was Texas size), and the waitress couldn't understand me when I asked
    > for BBQ sauce (to put on my fish 'n chips).

    That would be largely because fish and chip shops don't stock barbecue
    sauce, as a rule. Tartar sauce, ketchup and mayonnaise if you're
    lucky. Also, if you didn't have a pickled egg and mushy peas, you
    weren't enjoying the full experience. :)

    > And I bought some jam from Harrods. I don't understsnad why it says "extra
    > jam" on the label.

    Probably because most of the price isn't for the jam, it's for the
    label that says "Harrods". Jam extra.

    There are far better, classier department stores in London, TBH. :)

    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Ashikaga:
    >> LOL! I should have tasted scones while I was in London. I did try fish 'n
    >> chips but it was..., just like the US version, except it was much bigger
    >> (mine was Texas size), and the waitress couldn't understand me when I asked
    >> for BBQ sauce (to put on my fish 'n chips).
    >
    > That would be largely because fish and chip shops don't stock barbecue
    > sauce, as a rule. Tartar sauce, ketchup and mayonnaise if you're
    > lucky. Also, if you didn't have a pickled egg and mushy peas, you
    > weren't enjoying the full experience. :)

    I thought the place I went were quite authentic. I had peas, and when I
    asked them for the sauce, they said tartar, ketchup or brown sauce. I had
    ordered tea there, of course.

    >> And I bought some jam from Harrods. I don't understsnad why it says "extra
    >> jam" on the label.
    >
    > Probably because most of the price isn't for the jam, it's for the
    > label that says "Harrods". Jam extra.
    >
    > There are far better, classier department stores in London, TBH. :)

    Now you are telling me! I thought I was going to buy some suit in UK, but
    they were just expensive.... Actually the jam wasn't very expensive, and
    so are their tin-boxed teas (those things are actually more expensive here
    in the states). I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's
    pretty dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:35:41 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >in the states). I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's
    >pretty dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.

    You bought something in a foreign country. You don't know what it is, but
    you ate some of it.

    This is what makes Darwin happy folks!

    It's Mr. Harrod Sr. of course. He died in 1849 and they blend a bit of
    his ashes into brown soil from the Thames just for tourists to drink as
    "tea".

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
    > I thought the place I went were quite authentic. I had peas, and when I
    > asked them for the sauce, they said tartar, ketchup or brown sauce.

    That sounds about right, though in some parts of the country, you'd
    have been offered gravy instead of tartar. :)

    > I had ordered tea there, of course.

    In a mug, for preference. :D

    > > There are far better, classier department stores in London, TBH. :)
    >
    > Now you are telling me!

    Well, if you'd said where you were planning to visit, I could have
    offered some advice. As it is, you've just been to a place non-
    Londoners /think/ is upmarket, I'm afraid. <:)

    > I thought I was going to buy some suit in UK, but they were just
    > expensive....

    Not really sure what you were expecting, to be honest. The cost of
    living in Britain is generally higher than the US. You'd be best off
    heading back to Taiwan for bespoke inexpensive tailoring -- I got a
    made-to-measure suit for under £200 in Hong Kong, and that was from the
    most famous tailor in the province.

    > Actually the jam wasn't very expensive, and so are their tin-boxed
    > teas (those things are actually more expensive here in the states).

    Well, given the relative quantities drunk between the two countries,
    that's not entirely surprising. Harrods is designed to snare people
    with a lot of money to blow, but also those who don't have very much
    but would like the cachet of a Harrods label to take away with them.

    > I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's pretty
    > dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.

    It might well do. Not /everything/ in Harrods is tat, fortunately!
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    >
    >>in the states). I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's
    >>pretty dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.
    >
    > You bought something in a foreign country. You don't know what it is, but
    > you ate some of it.
    >
    > This is what makes Darwin happy folks!
    >
    > It's Mr. Harrod Sr. of course. He died in 1849 and they blend a bit of
    > his ashes into brown soil from the Thames just for tourists to drink as
    > "tea".

    Yeah..., sure..., I believe you, Poly. :-p

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Ashikaga:
    >> I thought the place I went were quite authentic. I had peas, and when I
    >> asked them for the sauce, they said tartar, ketchup or brown sauce.
    >
    > That sounds about right, though in some parts of the country, you'd
    > have been offered gravy instead of tartar. :)

    I'd love gravy over tartar.

    >> I had ordered tea there, of course.
    >
    > In a mug, for preference. :D

    You know what? It is indeed in a mug. They just give me some tea in a
    little aluminum (aluminium in UK :-p) kettle, and a mug and some sugar. I
    find British sugar much more sweet than an American one.

    >>> There are far better, classier department stores in London, TBH. :)
    >>
    >> Now you are telling me!
    >
    > Well, if you'd said where you were planning to visit, I could have
    > offered some advice. As it is, you've just been to a place non-
    > Londoners /think/ is upmarket, I'm afraid. <:)

    Now..., don't be such a Londoner. :-p

    >> I thought I was going to buy some suit in UK, but they were just
    >> expensive....
    >
    > Not really sure what you were expecting, to be honest. The cost of
    > living in Britain is generally higher than the US. You'd be best off
    > heading back to Taiwan for bespoke inexpensive tailoring -- I got a
    > made-to-measure suit for under £200 in Hong Kong, and that was from the
    > most famous tailor in the province.

    Yeah..., that's another option, but I am afraid Taiwan's ready-to-wear
    might be too small for my built. Taiwan's clothes cut differently. It's
    might tighter fitting, which is good, but sometimes arms are just too long
    for them.

    >> Actually the jam wasn't very expensive, and so are their tin-boxed
    >> teas (those things are actually more expensive here in the states).
    >
    > Well, given the relative quantities drunk between the two countries,
    > that's not entirely surprising. Harrods is designed to snare people
    > with a lot of money to blow, but also those who don't have very much
    > but would like the cachet of a Harrods label to take away with them.

    I think we have a growing market for tea in the States. In a couple of
    malls around my vacinity, we have stores that sell loose leaf tea and tea
    pots.

    >> I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's pretty
    >> dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.
    >
    > It might well do. Not /everything/ in Harrods is tat, fortunately!

    My brother complained Harrods' gelato is not good though. I am too dumb to
    notice anything, but I do know the one we ate in France is better.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 08:44:44 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Eek! Samurai wrote:
    >> Quoth Ashikaga:
    >>> I thought the place I went were quite authentic. I had peas, and when I
    >>> asked them for the sauce, they said tartar, ketchup or brown sauce.
    >>
    >> That sounds about right, though in some parts of the country, you'd
    >> have been offered gravy instead of tartar. :)
    >
    >I'd love gravy over tartar.
    >
    >>> I had ordered tea there, of course.
    >>
    >> In a mug, for preference. :D
    >
    >You know what? It is indeed in a mug. They just give me some tea in a
    >little aluminum (aluminium in UK :-p) kettle,

    Yummy, a second on the lips, and, er, this doesn't rhyme but there have
    been definite links between au in the diet and the onset of Alzheimer's.
    If you have any family history of it or undiagnosed senile dementia, I'd
    suggest reducing aluminum intake as much as possible. No sodas in cans,
    no cooking on aluminum skillets, etc.

    >and a mug and some sugar. I
    >find British sugar much more sweet than an American one.

    Crystalline sucrose is different? I doubt it. Doesn't the US (Hawaii)
    make a huge portion of the world's supply of raw sugar?

    >I think we have a growing market for tea in the States. In a couple of
    >malls around my vacinity, we have stores that sell loose leaf tea and tea
    >pots.

    Oh boy, decaying leaf matter! I'll just boil that up in a pot and drink
    it!

    That has got to rank right up there with the first person to look at a raw
    oyster and think "Gee, I think I'll swallow that raw!"

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
    > Crystalline sucrose is different? I doubt it. Doesn't the US (Hawaii)
    > make a huge portion of the world's supply of raw sugar?

    See my comment to Ashi. The raw material is different.

    > >I think we have a growing market for tea in the States. In a couple of
    > >malls around my vacinity, we have stores that sell loose leaf tea and tea
    > >pots.
    >
    > Oh boy, decaying leaf matter! I'll just boil that up in a pot and drink
    > it!

    It's dried, not decaying. :)

    > That has got to rank right up there with the first person to look at a raw
    > oyster and think "Gee, I think I'll swallow that raw!"

    I really don't like oysters; eating them is like having a bad cold. :P
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
    > Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > > That sounds about right, though in some parts of the country, you'd
    > > have been offered gravy instead of tartar. :)
    >
    > I'd love gravy over tartar.

    You'd have had to travel 150 miles north, then. Chips and gravy isn't
    generally on offer in the south of the country.

    > > In a mug, for preference. :D
    >
    > You know what? It is indeed in a mug. They just give me some tea in a
    > little aluminum (aluminium in UK :-p) kettle, and a mug and some sugar.

    Yup, that's British tea, all right!

    > I find British sugar much more sweet than an American one.

    It's generally made from sugar beet rather than sugarcane, which might
    be the difference. Interestingly, most food professionals here agree
    that cane sugar is better.

    > > Well, if you'd said where you were planning to visit, I could have
    > > offered some advice. As it is, you've just been to a place non-
    > > Londoners /think/ is upmarket, I'm afraid. <:)
    >
    > Now..., don't be such a Londoner. :-p

    Well, I do live less than 40 miles away. For you American types,
    that's virtually on its doorstep.

    > > You'd be best off heading back to Taiwan for bespoke inexpensive
    > > tailoring -- I got a made-to-measure suit for under £200 in Hong
    > > Kong, and that was from the most famous tailor in the province.
    >
    > Yeah..., that's another option, but I am afraid Taiwan's ready-to-wear
    > might be too small for my built.

    That's why I said bespoke -- made-to-measure.

    > Taiwan's clothes cut differently. It's might tighter fitting, which
    > is good, but sometimes arms are just too long for them.

    If that's still the case after they've measured you, I'd suggest
    finding another tailor. >:)

    > > Harrods is designed to snare people with a lot of money to blow,
    > > but also those who don't have very much but would like the cachet
    > > of a Harrods label to take away with them.
    >
    > I think we have a growing market for tea in the States. In a couple of
    > malls around my vacinity, we have stores that sell loose leaf tea and tea
    > pots.

    I hope they also carry infusion balls or tea strainers, then. Having
    bits of leaf floating in one's tea is fine for oriental styles, but
    isn't how British tea is meant to be drunk. :)

    > >> I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's pretty
    > >> dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.
    > >
    > > It might well do. Not /everything/ in Harrods is tat, fortunately!
    >
    > My brother complained Harrods' gelato is not good though. I am too dumb to
    > notice anything, but I do know the one we ate in France is better.

    I had to look up gelato to work out what you were talking about, so I
    can tell you it's not a British speciality. <:)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Ashikaga:
    >> Eek! Samurai wrote:
    <snip>
    >> I'd love gravy over tartar.
    >
    > You'd have had to travel 150 miles north, then. Chips and gravy isn't
    > generally on offer in the south of the country.

    Ah. How does it taste like. What kind of gravy is it? Anything like our
    Thanksgiving turkey gravy?

    >>> In a mug, for preference. :D
    >>
    >> You know what? It is indeed in a mug. They just give me some tea in a
    >> little aluminum (aluminium in UK :-p) kettle, and a mug and some sugar.
    >
    > Yup, that's British tea, all right!

    LOL! You sound like an American.

    >> I find British sugar much more sweet than an American one.
    >
    > It's generally made from sugar beet rather than sugarcane, which might
    > be the difference. Interestingly, most food professionals here agree
    > that cane sugar is better.

    I think back in Taiwan, we use sugarcane sugar also, but Taiwan's sugar is
    also sweeter than here. It might be the process. Or it's just a
    conspiracy to make consumer to buy more pounds of sugar since one would
    have to add a hefty amount to get the same level of sweetness (that may
    also be one cause of American obesity, if you think about it).

    >>> Well, if you'd said where you were planning to visit, I could have
    >>> offered some advice. As it is, you've just been to a place non-
    >>> Londoners /think/ is upmarket, I'm afraid. <:)
    >>
    >> Now..., don't be such a Londoner. :-p
    >
    > Well, I do live less than 40 miles away. For you American types,
    > that's virtually on its doorstep.

    True. I almost forgot you live in Bath now. That distance is just about
    from my place to Fremont, which I do go there once a while. It's
    considered a commuting distance for some of us Californians.... Keep in
    mind we don't have BART to Fremont, YET.

    >>> You'd be best off heading back to Taiwan for bespoke inexpensive
    >>> tailoring -- I got a made-to-measure suit for under £200 in Hong
    >>> Kong, and that was from the most famous tailor in the province.
    >>
    >> Yeah..., that's another option, but I am afraid Taiwan's ready-to-wear
    >> might be too small for my built.
    >
    > That's why I said bespoke -- made-to-measure.

    Yes. But for some reason I don't like the selection of fabric in Taiwan.
    Maybe I could buy some in department store and then send it to a tailor.
    I'm picky on how my suit is cut, and that's why I can't seem to find a suit
    I like for cheap price.

    <snip>
    >> I think we have a growing market for tea in the States. In a couple of
    >> malls around my vacinity, we have stores that sell loose leaf tea and tea
    >> pots.
    >
    > I hope they also carry infusion balls or tea strainers, then. Having
    > bits of leaf floating in one's tea is fine for oriental styles, but
    > isn't how British tea is meant to be drunk. :)

    I do have an infusion ball (maybe Poly would say he has two Texas size
    ones...). Anyways, yeah, I bring my thermos to work everyday, and my
    thermos's opening is too small for infusion ball, so I really hate it when
    the leaf got stucked by the nozzle.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Polychromic:
    <snip>
    >> That has got to rank right up there with the first person to look at a raw
    >> oyster and think "Gee, I think I'll swallow that raw!"
    >
    > I really don't like oysters; eating them is like having a bad cold. :P

    I love oysters, raw or cooked. Too bad they are easily contaminated, so
    selecting them can be very important.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    <snip>
    >>You know what? It is indeed in a mug. They just give me some tea in a
    >>little aluminum (aluminium in UK :-p) kettle,
    >
    > Yummy, a second on the lips, and, er, this doesn't rhyme but there have
    > been definite links between au in the diet and the onset of Alzheimer's.
    > If you have any family history of it or undiagnosed senile dementia, I'd
    > suggest reducing aluminum intake as much as possible. No sodas in cans,
    > no cooking on aluminum skillets, etc.

    Yikes. I don't drink too much sodas, fortunately. I prefer glass bottles,
    FYI.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
    > Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Ah. How does it taste like. What kind of gravy is it? Anything
    > like our Thanksgiving turkey gravy?

    Pretty much, but it's usually made from beef extract, and would
    probably be a bit thicker.

    > > Yup, that's British tea, all right!
    >
    > LOL! You sound like an American.

    "Yup" isn't exclusively used by cowboys, you know. :)

    > I think back in Taiwan, we use sugarcane sugar also, but Taiwan's
    > sugar is also sweeter than here. It might be the process.

    It's quite possible. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about food
    production, so I couldn't say whether it's that or just personal taste.

    > Or it's just a conspiracy to make consumer to buy more pounds of
    > sugar since one would have to add a hefty amount to get the same
    > level of sweetness (that may also be one cause of American obesity,
    > if you think about it).

    I rather think there are other elements at work in your country's
    obesity figures. >:)

    > >> Now..., don't be such a Londoner. :-p
    > >
    > > Well, I do live less than 40 miles away. For you American types,
    > > that's virtually on its doorstep.
    >
    > True. I almost forgot you live in Bath now.

    Not sure where you got that impression. Bath is the opposite side of
    London from me, and quite a bit further away.

    > That distance is just about from my place to Fremont, which I do go
    > there once a while. It's considered a commuting distance for some
    > of us Californians.... Keep in mind we don't have BART to Fremont,
    > YET.

    Our train service is still pretty good. Tens of thousands of commuters
    travel from where I live to London on the train every day -- it's about
    an hour's journey.

    > > That's why I said bespoke -- made-to-measure.
    >
    > Yes. But for some reason I don't like the selection of fabric in Taiwan.
    > Maybe I could buy some in department store and then send it to a tailor.

    That could work, though you'd need to visit the tailor in person at
    least twice, for fittings.

    > I'm picky on how my suit is cut, and that's why I can't seem to find a
    > suit I like for cheap price.

    Almost certainly. Cheap suits tend to be made to fit everyone, so they
    don't fit anyone terribly well.

    > I do have an infusion ball (maybe Poly would say he has two Texas size
    > ones...).

    I'd rather not discuss Poly's balls, to be honest.

    > Anyways, yeah, I bring my thermos to work everyday, and my thermos's
    > opening is too small for infusion ball, so I really hate it when the
    > leaf got stucked by the nozzle.

    Then you need a tea-strainer -- it's like a mini-sieve through which
    you pour tea with loose leaves in it.
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Ashikaga:
    >> Eek! Samurai wrote:
    >> Ah. How does it taste like. What kind of gravy is it? Anything
    >> like our Thanksgiving turkey gravy?
    >
    > Pretty much, but it's usually made from beef extract, and would
    > probably be a bit thicker.

    Yeah, I know which one that is. I think I like turkey gravy better,
    because it's liter.

    >>> Yup, that's British tea, all right!
    >>
    >> LOL! You sound like an American.
    >
    > "Yup" isn't exclusively used by cowboys, you know. :)

    I mean the whole phrase and the way it's delivered. :-D

    <snip>
    >> Or it's just a conspiracy to make consumer to buy more pounds of
    >> sugar since one would have to add a hefty amount to get the same
    >> level of sweetness (that may also be one cause of American obesity,
    >> if you think about it).
    >
    > I rather think there are other elements at work in your country's
    > obesity figures. >:)

    LOL! I think so too. I don't know why I get fat easily....

    >>> Well, I do live less than 40 miles away. For you American types,
    >>> that's virtually on its doorstep.
    >>
    >> True. I almost forgot you live in Bath now.
    >
    > Not sure where you got that impression. Bath is the opposite side of
    > London from me, and quite a bit further away.

    Hmm..., I thought you said you moved to Bath because of your work or
    something. I may be wrong though. There are quite a few British people I
    know online, so maybe I mixed you guys up.

    >> That distance is just about from my place to Fremont, which I do go
    >> there once a while. It's considered a commuting distance for some
    >> of us Californians.... Keep in mind we don't have BART to Fremont,
    >> YET.
    >
    > Our train service is still pretty good. Tens of thousands of commuters
    > travel from where I live to London on the train every day -- it's about
    > an hour's journey.

    I suppose. But when I was there, the District Line (or was it Circle Line)
    had quite a few delays.

    >>> That's why I said bespoke -- made-to-measure.
    >>
    >> Yes. But for some reason I don't like the selection of fabric in Taiwan.
    >> Maybe I could buy some in department store and then send it to a tailor.
    >
    > That could work, though you'd need to visit the tailor in person at
    > least twice, for fittings.

    That's just too much for me.... Usually when I was there in Taiwan (which
    isn't frequently), we were too busy to do everything else instead of
    shopping. I would never go there during the summer though. The last time
    I went there during summer, I had to go home quick....

    >> I'm picky on how my suit is cut, and that's why I can't seem to find a
    >> suit I like for cheap price.
    >
    > Almost certainly. Cheap suits tend to be made to fit everyone, so they
    > don't fit anyone terribly well.

    And I want something special too, so it's not easy. Clothing companies
    tend to make "mainstream" kind of apparels when you buy stuff at
    inexpensive places, like the place I work. Which means they don't offer
    stuff that are at the edge of the fashion trend.

    <snip>
    >> Anyways, yeah, I bring my thermos to work everyday, and my thermos's
    >> opening is too small for infusion ball, so I really hate it when the
    >> leaf got stucked by the nozzle.
    >
    > Then you need a tea-strainer -- it's like a mini-sieve through which
    > you pour tea with loose leaves in it.

    I think I have something like that with a little handle.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Now you are telling me! I thought I was going to buy some suit in UK, but
    >they were just expensive.... Actually the jam wasn't very expensive, and
    >so are their tin-boxed teas (those things are actually more expensive here
    >in the states). I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but it's
    >pretty dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.

    Everything tastes better than Earl Grey.
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 01:15:49 +0200, Claus Dragon
    <claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

    >Everything tastes better than Earl Grey.

    That's not what his wife said!

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  48. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

    >>>Where we have a sense of humor, British people have scones.
    >>

    >> You keep your humour, I prefer scones anyhow.
    >
    >On Wednesdays, after you go shopping?

    On Sundays, generally.
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 01:15:49 +0200, Claus Dragon
    <claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

    > Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Now you are telling me! I thought I was going to buy some suit in UK,
    >> but
    >> they were just expensive.... Actually the jam wasn't very expensive,
    >> and
    >> so are their tin-boxed teas (those things are actually more expensive
    >> here
    >> in the states). I bought their "Blend 49" don't know what it is, but
    >> it's
    >> pretty dark.... Taste better than Earl Grey though.
    >
    > Everything tastes better than Earl Grey.

    Even american beer? (ref Mothy Python: why is american beer like making
    love in a canoe?)
    Even snails?
    Even cat-food?
    Even cinnabons?