IIS SERVER EXTENTIONS

Can anyone please tell me how to install and work frontpage server extentions
on IIS 5.1. I am trying to publish a site to a server running IIS 5.1 with
frontpage server ext but it wont run on the server.

--
Many thanks
Steve Morley

Go into the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows
Components... and it's under Internet Information Services.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Morley Web Designs" <MorleyWebDesigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0DD45F48-0B5A-4ECA-8B57-2094F383BCB0@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone please tell me how to install and work frontpage server
> extentions
> on IIS 5.1. I am trying to publish a site to a server running IIS 5.1 with
> frontpage server ext but it wont run on the server.
>
> --
> Many thanks
> Steve Morley

Okay thnaks, after looking though I noticed that I already have it installed,
can you please tell me how to configure it in IIS, is it easy?

--
Many thanks
Steve Morley

Morley Web Designs wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me how to install and work frontpage server
> extentions on IIS 5.1. I am trying to publish a site to a server running
> IIS
> 5.1 with frontpage server ext but it wont run on the server.

I assume it is, but I would get rid of them/not use them personally.

Search for it on Google - surely there is someone out there who uses them.
http://www.google.com/help/basics.html

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

The extensions should be configured at installation. Nothing for you to do.
What is the version of the FPSE you are using? FPSE 2002??? If so yuck.
They have to be configured for the Website and it is an applet in the
Control Panel which will eventually fail after a few months.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
> Morley Web Designs wrote:
> > Okay thnaks, after looking though I noticed that I already have it
> > installed, can you please tell me how to configure it in IIS, is it
> > easy?
>
> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> > Go into the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows
> > Components... and it's under Internet Information Services.
>
> Morley Web Designs wrote:
> > Can anyone please tell me how to install and work frontpage server
> > extentions on IIS 5.1. I am trying to publish a site to a server running
> > IIS
> > 5.1 with frontpage server ext but it wont run on the server.
>
> I assume it is, but I would get rid of them/not use them personally.
>
> Search for it on Google - surely there is someone out there who uses them.
> http://www.google.com/help/basics.html
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP