devren

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
I was wondering if there was any way to burn more than 2 hours of video to a dvd. I have about 26 episodes of a fansubed anime that is not coming out in the USA nor will it be offically translated into english, thus I want to save it to dvd so I don't have to keep it on my computer as its 4.2gbs. Anyway to make a long story short I just purchased a liteon dvd+-RW drive and want to back up these movies, and if possible play them on a standard dvd play. But I can't seem to find a way to change the storage quality of the dvd as the files I have are only around of 200mb each. And my software wants to turn 3 files (600mb) into a full dvd. Thus I was hopeing someone here might know of a program or way I can store more than three videos to the dvd. Prefferable a free program but if there arnt any I am interested in others aswell. Thanks alot
Dev

Edit - I have Sonic mydvd 4.5 and Inter Video Win DVED Suite Gold. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Devren on 01/09/04 01:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
You need to reencode the files to be burned. Actually you can fit as many minutes as you want on to a DVD just sacrificing quality. Download <A HREF="http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html" target="_new">this</A> and choose NTSC low resolution or PAL low resolution template depending on what country you are in. It will convert you files into a dvd compatible format. After that you need a DVD authoring program and depending on if the authoring program can burn, you might need a seperate burning program to burn it.

Or if your videos are encoded in divx/xvid format, you can just get a divx compatible dvd player and save sometime.

devren

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
My files are in divx and my software allows me to use divx files but unfortunately my software auto converts files to extremely large files, and I can't seem to get around this problem
Thanks
Dev