Error Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to .....

Anybody know what this is, and should I worry? It shows up occasionally when
I log on--

"Error Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to 0x00030FFC),
program terminated"
--
Thank you for your help,

benedict1
4 answers Last reply
More about error access violation 0x7c91084b tried write

    Check the Application Event log. It should contain an entry for
    the event and details of what executable caused it. To directly
    run the viewer, Click Start, Run (Type) Eventvwr.Msc [Enter]
    Once you know the application that triggered the event repost
    that info.

    "benedict1" <benedict1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody know what this is, and should I worry? It shows up occasionally
    > when
    > I log on--
    >
    > "Error Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to 0x00030FFC),
    > program terminated"
    > --
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > benedict1

    This is what I found--there were 3 occurences of it at various times--

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1517
    Date: 6/12/2005
    Time: 1:32:47 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: HOLYHUSBAND
    Windows saved user HOLYHUSBAND\Walter registry while an application or
    service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the
    user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is
    no longer in use.

    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring
    the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

    I have no idea what this means. I'm not a tech person, but I can follow
    instructions.

    --
    Thank you for your help,

    benedict1

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Check the Application Event log. It should contain an entry for
    > the event and details of what executable caused it. To directly
    > run the viewer, Click Start, Run (Type) Eventvwr.Msc [Enter]
    > Once you know the application that triggered the event repost
    > that info.
    >

    > "benedict1" <benedict1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Anybody know what this is, and should I worry? It shows up occasionally
    > > when
    > > I log on--
    > >
    > > "Error Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to 0x00030FFC),
    > > program terminated"
    > > --
    > > Thank you for your help,
    > >
    > > benedict1

    I forgot to mention to check both logs (System & Application). The
    message you have below is a fairly common occurrence with XP. There
    is a add-on Service provided by Microsoft that will fix that.
    Download the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&DisplayLang=en

    After installation, Re-open Event Viewer, Right Click the System
    Event heading and left click "Clear All Events". Repeat this action
    for the Application log. Reboot the PC and recheck the logs and
    let us know what if any Errors (Red Icons) are present in each.

    > This is what I found--there were 3 occurences of it at various times--
    >
    > Event Type: Warning
    > Event Source: Userenv
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1517
    > Date: 6/12/2005
    > Time: 1:32:47 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: HOLYHUSBAND
    > Windows saved user HOLYHUSBAND\Walter registry while an application or
    > service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by
    > the
    > user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it
    > is
    > no longer in use.
    >
    > This is often caused by services running as a user account, try
    > configuring
    > the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

    > I have no idea what this means. I'm not a tech person, but I can follow
    > instructions.
    >
    > --
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > benedict1
    >

    > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    >
    >> Check the Application Event log. It should contain an entry for
    >> the event and details of what executable caused it. To directly
    >> run the viewer, Click Start, Run (Type) Eventvwr.Msc [Enter]
    >> Once you know the application that triggered the event repost
    >> that info.
    >>

    >> "benedict1" <benedict1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Anybody know what this is, and should I worry? It shows up
    >> > occasionally
    >> > when
    >> > I log on--
    >> >
    >> > "Error Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to 0x00030FFC),
    >> > program terminated"
    >> > --
    >> > Thank you for your help,
    >> >
    >> > benedict1

    Thanks, it worked. I had mistakenly posted this query twice and another nice
    person suggested just changing my user account password. That seemed to work
    too.

    Appreciate your kind assistance.

    --
    Thank you for your help,