Deus Ex : Things Never Seen

Last response: in Video Games
May 14, 2005 6:30:17 PM

Greetings to all,

I have added another instalment to my web site, another
page about Deus Ex. This one is a collection of bugs and other
strangeness that I have slowly collected over the years.
The latest replay of Deus Ex has seen the whole thing come together.

Here are some of the highlights:

* The Vandenburg Effect
* Fun with Simons
* Death to the Vacuum Cleaner
* "Welcome.. to the Real World"
* Revenge of the Dobermen

"Legs are fairly easy; if the doberman won't eat them you can always
jump down too far and break them. Arms should be eaten."

Here is a direct link:
http://www.it-he.org/deus3.htm

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

More about : deus things

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 8:46:10 PM

"J. P. Morris" <jpm@it-he.org> wrote in message

> Greetings to all,
>
> I have added another instalment to my web site, another
> page about Deus Ex. This one is a collection of bugs and other
> strangeness that I have slowly collected over the years.
> The latest replay of Deus Ex has seen the whole thing come together.
>
> Here are some of the highlights:
>
> * The Vandenburg Effect
> * Fun with Simons
> * Death to the Vacuum Cleaner
> * "Welcome.. to the Real World"
> * Revenge of the Dobermen
>
> "Legs are fairly easy; if the doberman won't eat them you can always
> jump down too far and break them. Arms should be eaten."
>
> Here is a direct link:
> http://www.it-he.org/deus3.htm

*follows link at a speed that would break the sound barrier if a sound
barrier existed here, a cry of utmost jubliation trailing behind him/them*

"HOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

--
The Triad
Anonymous

<snip>

*grins*

Very, very enjoyable.

(Also, by provoking Simons, tactical manoeuvring, and hiding in the (locked)
cupboard, you can get him and the troops slashing at each other eternally...
without being in the slightest hostile to you, if you stay in the cupboard
long enough. *grins*)

(...quite enjoyable, watching the group move around the base... they can be
dispersed briefly with (if I remember correctly) a gas cannister/grenade,
but then congregate again.)

--
The Triad
May 15, 2005 12:01:12 AM

The Triad wrote:

> (Also, by provoking Simons, tactical manoeuvring, and hiding in the
> (locked) cupboard, you can get him and the troops slashing at each other
> eternally... without being in the slightest hostile to you, if you stay in
> the cupboard long enough. *grins*)

How did you engineer that?

Admittedly most of the time my troops were preoccupied with the
vacuum cleaner, but I've never managed to get other people to attack
Simons.

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org
Reign of the Just - An Ultima clone http://rotj.it-he.org
d+++ e+ N+ T++ Om U1234!56!7'!S'!8!9!KAW u++ uC+++ uF+++ uG---- uLB----
May 15, 2005 6:56:29 PM

J. P. Morris wrote:
> Greetings to all,
>
> I have added another instalment to my web site, another
> page about Deus Ex. This one is a collection of bugs and other
> strangeness that I have slowly collected over the years.
> The latest replay of Deus Ex has seen the whole thing come together.
>
> Here are some of the highlights:
>
> * The Vandenburg Effect
> * Fun with Simons
> * Death to the Vacuum Cleaner
> * "Welcome.. to the Real World"
> * Revenge of the Dobermen
>
> "Legs are fairly easy; if the doberman won't eat them you can always
> jump down too far and break them. Arms should be eaten."
>
> Here is a direct link:
> http://www.it-he.org/deus3.htm

*laughs* That is, as always, good entertainment.

My favorite line: "While we're up on the roof, there's an interesting
little trick you can do with some bombs. I discovered this while
attempting to assassinate Savage in a fit of rage at being unable to
reproduce the Jesus Effect."

-thehawk
May 16, 2005 2:57:58 AM

Quoth J. P. Morris <jpm@it-he.org>:
> Greetings to all,
> I have added another instalment to my web site, another
> page about Deus Ex.
>http://www.it-he.org/deus3.htm

Yay! Worthy additions, and most welcome. :D
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 5:16:58 PM

> The Triad wrote:
>
>> (Also, by provoking Simons, tactical manoeuvring, and hiding in the
>> (locked) cupboard, you can get him and the troops slashing at each other
>> eternally... without being in the slightest hostile to you, if you stay
>> in
>> the cupboard long enough. *grins*)
>
> How did you engineer that?
>
> Admittedly most of the time my troops were preoccupied with the
> vacuum cleaner, but I've never managed to get other people to attack
> Simons.

Hmm. If I remember correctly, it was simply a case of getting him to hit
troops multiple times, or maybe getting troops (firing at me) to hit him; I
/think/ that after a certain amount of plasma had hit--

Actually, just realised that I'm probably thinking of a different part.
This case was when his final (default) resting position was further towards
the entrance; not the occasion where he killed the prisoners. Possibly the
occasion when you first see him talking to Jaime about his eyes?

Shoot him, run, try to get troops between him and you as he's firing at you,
try to get up to the higher floor and into the broom cupboard (which you
then lock) without being blocked by troops (which can all too easily
happen), and, if it doesn't work the first time (or first few times), either

Also, a related note: if you can get into the prisoner cells /before/
Simons (which is just possible, by getting there before him and being right
next to the door as he steps up to it to open it, again if I remember
correctly), you can talk to them and read/listen to some moderately
interesting dialogue, if not plot-critical; only plot-referential.

Good luck.

--
The Triad
!