Aaaahhhh!!! I have to cheat!

The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!

I did submit a bug report and a saved game.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic wrote:
> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
> non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
> guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
> missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
> breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
> Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>
> I did submit a bug report and a saved game.

Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
and then went on a killing spree.

pibbur

On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
>> non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
>> guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
>> missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
>> breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
>> Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>>
>> I did submit a bug report and a saved game.
>>
>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>and then went on a killing spree.

No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous character is
what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
the game that I do in real life!

--

pibbur wrote:
> Polychromic wrote:
>
>> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the
>> Avatar is
>> non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
>> guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
>> missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
>> breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
>> Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>>
>> I did submit a bug report and a saved game.
>>

> Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
> crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
> and then went on a killing spree.

I was referring to the Avatar, here.

pibbur

On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:09:38 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
wrote:

>pibbur wrote:
>> Polychromic wrote:
>>
>>> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the
>>> Avatar is
>>> non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
>>> guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
>>> missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
>>> breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
>>> Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>>>
>>> I did submit a bug report and a saved game.
>>>

>> Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>> crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>> and then went on a killing spree.
>>
>I was referring to the Avatar, here.

Yes, thank you for using my title.

--

Polychromic wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
> wrote:
>

>>Polychromic wrote:
>>
>>>The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
>>>non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
>>>guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
>>>missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
>>>breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
>>>Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>>>
>>>I did submit a bug report and a saved game.
>>>

>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>and then went on a killing spree.
>

> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous character is
> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
> the game that I do in real life!

/* realising the danger to himself this misconception may have caused,
pibbur decides to hide under the table */

/* OTOH he is glad he has found another sould who undoubtedly
understands why it may be useful to carry an Uzi in crowded environments */

pibbur

Polychromic wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
> wrote:
>

>>Polychromic wrote:
>>
>>>The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
>>>non-functional in Exult 1.2. This means you must cheat to finish, I
>>>guess. Very disappointing. I can put up with the missing bell sound, the
>>>missing Alagnar death scene and even the way Dupre turns magic plate
>>>breastplate armor into plain plate every time you reload, but for the
>>>Avatar to be forced to cheat...Aaaarrrgghhh!
>>>
>>>I did submit a bug report and a saved game.
>>>

>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>and then went on a killing spree.
>

> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous character is
> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
> the game that I do in real life!

If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
of people.

1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
admitted this himself)
2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
evil characters.
4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
following discussion.

I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).

I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.

pibbur

<snip>
> If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
> of people.
>
> 1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
> admitted this himself)
> 2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
> 3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
> evil characters.
> 4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
> choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
> 5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
> following discussion.
>
> I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
> after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
> happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).
>
> I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
> account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
> lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.

*reads list*

*stops; does a double-take*

*/re/-reads list*

*blinks*

....and they call /me/ cynical...

*semi-disingenuous amusement*

--
The Triad

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

pibbur wrote:
> Polychromic wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
>> wrote:

>>> Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>> crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>> and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous
>> character is
>> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
>> the game that I do in real life!
>>
> If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
> of people.
>
> 1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
> admitted this himself)
> 2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
> 3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
> evil characters.
> 4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
> choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
> 5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
> following discussion.
>
> I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
> after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
> happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).
>
> I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
> account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
> lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.
>
> pibbur

1) I play good characters in games.
2) Carrying uzis is not my favorite thing. I much prefer knives to
firearms. I also define my 'personal space' as my wingspan plus the
length of whatever blade I am holding.
3) The only people I trust are the ones I can currently get my fingers
around their necks.
4) Life is a game. I just have yet to figure out where you put in more
quarters.

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC

On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:52:14 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
>> wrote:

>>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>>and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous character is
>> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
>> the game that I do in real life!
>>
>If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
>of people.
>
>1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
>admitted this himself)
>2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
>3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
>evil characters.
>4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
>choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
>5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
>following discussion.
>
>I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
>after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
>happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).

Yeah, who hasn't Use-Item-Skull in a town at least once to see what
happens? :-]
>I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
>account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
>lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.
>
>pibbur

-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

"pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
> Polychromic wrote:
>
> Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
> crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
> and then went on a killing spree.

What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home for
a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>

That's why Ascension is no fun... no no no Avatar, that NPC is invincible...
no no no Avatar, you can't carry dead bodies around...

- GSD

Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
> "pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
>
>>Polychromic wrote:
>>
>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>and then went on a killing spree.
>

> What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
> Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
> the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home for
> a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
> had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>
>
> That's why Ascension is no fun... no no no Avatar, that NPC is invincible...
> no no no Avatar, you can't carry dead bodies around...

Real life, then seems to be something in-between. There are no
invincible NPC's. OTOH you can't carry dead bodies around. (Unless
you're a soldier, or a medic, or working at a funeral service.)

pibbur

> Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>> "pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
>>
>>>Polychromic wrote:
>>>
>>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>>and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
>> Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
>> the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home
>> for
>> a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
>> had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>
>>
>> That's why Ascension is no fun... no no no Avatar, that NPC is
>> invincible...
>> no no no Avatar, you can't carry dead bodies around...
>
> Real life, then seems to be something in-between. There are no invincible
> NPC's. OTOH you can't carry dead bodies around. (Unless you're a soldier,
> or a medic, or working at a funeral service.)

"Are you kidding? In real life, you can even /eat/ dead bodies. Or carry
them, of course, but with all that hot blood flowing, why just pick them up
and lug them off somewhere else when you can just tear into them and solve
the problem that way?"

*salivates*

How's the translation?

"Bah. Kloze uhnuf." *zhrugz; keebz zalibeytun, tinkurun ogh zukuwlunt
shara flezh...*

--
The Triad

wesley

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
> non-functional in Exult 1.2.

Are you telling me Throne of Virtue ? that seat and lighting but nothing
work and walk back...because EXULT is not good ?

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:25:07 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de>
wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> The Throne of Changes in the Hythloth Dungeon on the Isle of the Avatar is
>> non-functional in Exult 1.2.
>
>Are you telling me Throne of Virtue ? that seat and lighting but nothing
>work and walk back...because EXULT is not good ?

Hmmmm. I have reparsed your speech several times but it does not make
sense.

I was complaining that a particular teleporting chair in the final dungeon
of Exult 1.2's U7BG did not work.

--

thehawk wrote:
> pibbur wrote:
>
>> Polychromic wrote:

>>> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous
>>> character is
>>> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
>>> the game that I do in real life!
>>>
>> If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5
>> kinds of people.
>>
>> 1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
>> admitted this himself)
>> 2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
>> 3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by
>> playing evil characters.
>> 4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
>> choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
>> 5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
>> following discussion.
>>
>> I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in
>> Morrowind, after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to
>> see what happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively
>> evil).
>>
>> I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
>> account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
>> lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.
>>
>> pibbur
>

> 1) I play good characters in games.
> 2) Carrying uzis is not my favorite thing. I much prefer knives to
> firearms. I also define my 'personal space' as my wingspan plus the
> length of whatever blade I am holding.
> 3) The only people I trust are the ones I can currently get my fingers
> around their necks.
> 4) Life is a game. I just have yet to figure out where you put in more
> quarters.

And where the save-spots are/what the save command is.

oibbur

pibbur wrote:
> Polychromic wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 06:08:52 GMT, pibbur <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno>
>> wrote:

>>> Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>> crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>> and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous
>> character is
>> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
>> the game that I do in real life!
>>
> If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
> of people.
>
> 1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
> admitted this himself)
> 2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
> 3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
> evil characters.
> 4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
> choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
> 5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
> following discussion.
>
> I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
> after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
> happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).
>
> I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
> account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
> lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.
>
> pibbur
There is a small printing error in 4). Triad may have spotted it.

pibbur

> pibbur wrote:
>> Polychromic wrote:

>>> No, no, silly. I kill all the time. Role-playing a virtuous character
>>> is
>>> what I do to let off steam. It's no fun if I just do the same things in
>>> the game that I do in real life!
>>>
>> If we extend your analysis, it seems we can devide humanity into 5 kinds
>> of people.
>>
>> 1. Evil people who let off steam by playing good characters (Poly,
>> admitted this himself)
>> 2. Good people who let off steam by playing evil characters.
>> 3. Evil people who by nature extend their attitude into games by playing
>> evil characters.
>> 4. Good people who by nature (possibly because they feel they have no
>> choice) extend their attitude into games by playing evil characters.
>> 5. People who doesn't play games. This group is disregarded in the
>> following discussion.
>>
>> I guess I belong to group 4 (although, I have occasionally in Morrowind,
>> after multiple savings destroyed a large part of a town to see what
>> happened, and then reloading. So perhaps I'm facultatively evil).
>>
>> I'll return with a more elaborated classification scheme, taking into
>> account the possibility of neutral characters, an adding the
>> lawful/unlawful attributes. Or I may not.
>>
>> pibbur
> There is a small printing error in 4). Triad may have spotted it.

*grins* Hai.

--
The Triad

Optician Dragon wrote:

> Yeah, who hasn't Use-Item-Skull in a town at least once to see what
> happens? :-]

It brings great power!

-Lumina Dragon

Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
> "pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
>
>>Polychromic wrote:
>>
>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>and then went on a killing spree.
>

> What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
> Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
> the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home for
> a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
> had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>

Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves that
fate!

-Lumina Dragon

On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:13:04 -0500, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>> "pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
>>
>>>Polychromic wrote:
>>>
>>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>>and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
>> Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
>> the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home for
>> a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
>> had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>
>
>Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves that
>fate!

What is Lumina?

--

<kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>> "pibbur" <oopsNO512@begen.onlineCA.PSno> wrote in message
>>
>>>Polychromic wrote:
>>>
>>>Being forced to cheat made something snap in his tortured brain. He
>>>crossed over to the dark side (after all the Guardian was his father)
>>>and then went on a killing spree.
>>

>> What first sent -my- Avatar on a killing spree was being stuck in bloody
>> Trinsic for almost a year before I got the Britannia map and could answer
>> the mayor's quiz. Avatar amused himself by re-decorating everyone's home for
>> a while before one dark night Petre the stableman caught him stealing and
>> had to be kept silent along with his horse, <EG>
>
>Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves that
>fate!
>
> -Lumina Dragon
Maybe it really was Smith!
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net>:
> Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves
> >that fate!
>
> Maybe it really was Smith!

But sadly for Lumina, we know he doesn't die. He's always back in the
next game to give helpful advice on the last one. :D
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>>Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves that
>>fate!
>>
>> -Lumina Dragon
>Maybe it really was Smith!

No, its Elrond.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:44:07 +0100, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net>:
>> Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >Now, now, why'd you have to kill the horse? Only one horse deserves
>> >that fate!
>>
>> Maybe it really was Smith!
>
>But sadly for Lumina, we know he doesn't die. He's always back in the
>next game to give helpful advice on the last one. :D
Durable little sprite ain't he?