Device Not Installed Correctly in Device Manager

I get the yellow ? mark in the Other Devices section of Device Manager.
Expanding it has two ? marks: SM Bus Controller and PCI Bridge Controller. I
have no idea to what devices these are referring. All of my devices seem to
be functioning correctly. Anyone have any idea how to correct this? I tried
just deleting the two ?? marks but when I rebooted, the system automatically
tries to reinstall whatever it is looking for.
Help? Or do I just ignore it?
I have Windows XP Home Edition installed with a laserjet printer HP 4M, a
new HP 6210 AIO and an Epson Picture Mate photo printer installed. All of
these work well.

Thanks, reaves@bak.rr.com
1 answer Last reply
More about device installed correctly device manager

    those get installed with the disk from the motherboard mainly, so you need to
    find the kind of m/b and download the drivers for the board and install them,
    it is part of the chipset, ie:Via, intel so find brand of board and go to
    their site and find the right drivers for it

    "REAVES" wrote:

    > I get the yellow ? mark in the Other Devices section of Device Manager.
    > Expanding it has two ? marks: SM Bus Controller and PCI Bridge Controller. I
    > have no idea to what devices these are referring. All of my devices seem to
    > be functioning correctly. Anyone have any idea how to correct this? I tried
    > just deleting the two ?? marks but when I rebooted, the system automatically
    > tries to reinstall whatever it is looking for.
    > Help? Or do I just ignore it?
    > I have Windows XP Home Edition installed with a laserjet printer HP 4M, a
    > new HP 6210 AIO and an Epson Picture Mate photo printer installed. All of
    > these work well.
    >
    > Thanks, reaves@bak.rr.com

Device Manager Devices Windows XP