3 questions

What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?
What is "the correct use of soap"?
What is the date I joined Ultima Dragons (under the name Thalamus Dragon)?

OK, the last one is what I really want to know.

pibbur

On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:32 GMT, pibbur
<oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:

>What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?

"Why is your ma eating my dirty laundry?"

>What is "the correct use of soap"?

"Soap? What's that? *Goes back to scraping dead skin flakes off using an
extremely sharp and dangerous looking knife*"

>What is the date I joined Ultima Dragons (under the name Thalamus Dragon)?

The spirits say 19 April 1996.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:13:21 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:32 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>
>> What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?
>
> "Why is your ma eating my dirty laundry?"
>
>> What is "the correct use of soap"?
>
> "Soap? What's that? *Goes back to scraping dead skin flakes off using
> an
> extremely sharp and dangerous looking knife*"
>
>> What is the date I joined Ultima Dragons (under the name Thalamus
>> Dragon)?
>
> The spirits say 19 April 1996.

1., 2. Incorrect. I'll wait to see if anyone knows the answer before
revealing the thruth.

3. Thank you. Why, I'm more than 9 years. (And my beard indeed shades of
grey now).

pibbur sr

On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:44:41 GMT, pibbur
<oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:

>1., 2. Incorrect. I'll wait to see if anyone knows the answer before
>revealing the thruth.
>
>3. Thank you. Why, I'm more than 9 years. (And my beard indeed shades of
>grey now).

You should have had us correct it at the time of the mistake. I checked
the roster for Thalamus and all it shows is 4-19-96.

--

On Thu, 19 May 2005 15:08:56 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:44:41 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>
>> 1., 2. Incorrect. I'll wait to see if anyone knows the answer before
>> revealing the thruth.
>>
>> 3. Thank you. Why, I'm more than 9 years. (And my beard indeed shades of
>> grey now).
>
> You should have had us correct it at the time of the mistake. I checked
> the roster for Thalamus and all it shows is 4-19-96.

Oh No, I'm not complaining.

What I meant to say was: Wow, I've been a dragon for as long as 9
years(+ a couple of days). "More" meaning "slightly more".

pibbur, a bit older than 9 years

Eek! pibbur wrote:
<snip>
> What I meant to say was: Wow, I've been a dragon for as long as 9
> years(+ a couple of days). "More" meaning "slightly more".
>
> pibbur, a bit older than 9 years

You smell like a 9 year-old dragon too! :) Yeah..., I think you've been
Ashi-ized. All I could see from your questions is you crave for
attention.... :-D

--
Ashikaga a27

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:57:08 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
> <snip>
>> What I meant to say was: Wow, I've been a dragon for as long as 9
>> years(+ a couple of days). "More" meaning "slightly more".
>>
>> pibbur, a bit older than 9 years
>
> You smell like a 9 year-old dragon too! :) Yeah.., I think you've been
> Ashi-ized. All I could see from your questions is you crave for
> attention.... :-D

1. The correct reply to "You make me want to puke" is "You make me think
someon already did". Or something like that. It's from "The Secret of
Monkey Island" game, one of the sword fights ehere the main issue was an
exchange of insults. I'm sure quite a few dragons know the exact phrasing.

2. "The correct use of soap" was an album released by the british rock
band Magazine, 1980.

3. Poly knew the answer to this one, and now I know as well.

pibbrush

On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:07:23 GMT, pibbur
<oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:

>1. The correct reply to "You make me want to puke" is "You make me think
>someon already did". Or something like that. It's from "The Secret of
>Monkey Island" game, one of the sword fights ehere the main issue was an
>exchange of insults. I'm sure quite a few dragons know the exact phrasing.

But he said "ma" not "me" and it can't be a simple typo since those
characters are not next to one another on the keyboard.

>2. "The correct use of soap" was an album released by the british rock
>band Magazine, 1980.

It's also a short story by P. K. Mikkelson in 1969. Without context it
could be many things.

--

Words to the wise, pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno>
wrote:

>What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?

Monkey Island I?

Only played that in german (a shame), therefore I dont know.

>What is "the correct use of soap"?

That also is a game reference I think, but it is also a bad american
music magazine.

>What is the date I joined Ultima Dragons (under the name Thalamus Dragon)?

Poly answered that.

Words to the wise, pibbur wrote:

>1. The correct reply to "You make me want to puke" is "You make me think
>someon already did". Or something like that. It's from "The Secret of
>Monkey Island" game, one of the sword fights ehere the main issue was an
>exchange of insults. I'm sure quite a few dragons know the exact phrasing.

My name is known in every dirty corner of the caribbean sea!

Oh, so you got the job as cleaning technician.

>2. "The correct use of soap" was an album released by the british rock
>band Magazine, 1980.

Damn, i was almost right.

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:41:09 +0200, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

> Words to the wise, pibbur wrote:
>

>> 1. The correct reply to "You make me want to puke" is "You make me think
>> someon already did". Or something like that. It's from "The Secret of
>> Monkey Island" game, one of the sword fights ehere the main issue was an
>> exchange of insults. I'm sure quite a few dragons know the exact
>> phrasing.
>
> My name is known in every dirty corner of the caribbean sea!
>
> Oh, so you got the job as cleaning technician.

It was IMO ne of the most creative ideas in the history of adventure
gaming.

pibbrush

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno>:
> It was IMO ne of the most creative ideas in the history of adventure
> gaming.
> pibbrush

The Secret of Monkey Island remains one of my favourite computer games.
The combat system is one of the main reasons. :)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:08:19 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:07:23 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>
>> 1. The correct reply to "You make me want to puke" is "You make me think
>> someon already did". Or something like that. It's from "The Secret of
>> Monkey Island" game, one of the sword fights ehere the main issue was an
>> exchange of insults. I'm sure quite a few dragons know the exact
>> phrasing.
>
> But he said "ma" not "me" and it can't be a simple typo since those
> characters are not next to one another on the keyboard.
>
>> 2. "The correct use of soap" was an album released by the british rock
>> band Magazine, 1980.
>
> It's also a short story by P. K. Mikkelson in 1969. Without context it
> could be many things.

I'll accept each possible answer.

pibbur

Polychromic wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:32 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>
> "Soap? What's that? *Goes back to scraping dead skin flakes off using an
> extremely sharp and dangerous looking knife*"

You should be using a Roman strigil like everyone else!

-Lumina Dragon

On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:49:09 -0500, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:32 GMT, pibbur
>> <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>>
>> "Soap? What's that? *Goes back to scraping dead skin flakes off using an
>> extremely sharp and dangerous looking knife*"
>
>You should be using a Roman strigil like everyone else!

But I am not an athlete covered in mud or clay!

--

pibbur wrote:
> What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?

Can't think of a witty one for this. Sorry.

> What is "the correct use of soap"?

To fashion into a handgun to bluff your jailer, of course.

> What is the date I joined Ultima Dragons (under the name Thalamus Dragon)?

February 12th, 1809.

-Lumina Dragon, almost caught up

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:

> pibbur wrote:
>> What is the correct reply to "You make ma want to puke"?
>
> Can't think of a witty one for this. Sorry.

You make me think someone already did. :D

\^\^//