Here's a pest--XP won't remember my Net Signon email/passw..

June 12, 2005 6:24:03 PM

How do you get Net Passport to really remember email and password? I check
the box but everytime I want to sign on I have to go through the drill
again--type the email, type the password, yada, yada,...........

It's no big deal, but if I can't save this stuff, why is there a box asking
me if I want it saved on this computer???

--
Thank you for your help,

benedict1
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:38:02 PM

The easiest way to do that is,open internet options,delete files,delete
cookies,
close out,then sign in to passport,then open internet options,open
settings,view
files,L.click the sign-in cookies one at a time,then in L.sub-menu,select
copy,
copy to my documents or similiar,you might need to R.click each,then
copy,after
all have been copied,close out.

"benedict1" wrote:

> How do you get Net Passport to really remember email and password? I check
> the box but everytime I want to sign on I have to go through the drill
> again--type the email, type the password, yada, yada,...........
>
> It's no big deal, but if I can't save this stuff, why is there a box asking
> me if I want it saved on this computer???
>

> --
> Thank you for your help,
>
> benedict1

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:35:02 PM

I only found two cookies labeled as such--one for Passport and one for
Microsoft. I saved them in My Documents. Now when I try to sign on the
email address is automatically inserted but the password still does not fill
in. I have to type it. What am I missing? Also, if I clean my
Cache/Cookies out, how will IE find the saved cookies in My Documents??

Sorry, but I'm not very technical.
--
Thank you for your help,

benedict1