Display Defined Shortcut Keys

June 12, 2005 10:54:32 PM

Hi,

I define shortcut keys for many applications. How do I display those that
are already defined?

Thanks,
Gary
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:56:27 AM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:54:32 -0400, "Gary Brown"
<garyjbrown@charter.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I define shortcut keys for many applications. How do I display those that
>are already defined?

By "Shortcut keys" do you mean the ones you specify in the
Properties dialog for a shortcut or Start menu item? If so, this
free program will list them for you:

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/shortcutkey...

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"You find yourself amusing, Blackadder."
"I try not to fly in the face of public opinion."
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 4:20:49 PM

>>I define shortcut keys for many applications. How do I display those that
>>are already defined?
>
> By "Shortcut keys" do you mean the ones you specify in the
> Properties dialog for a shortcut or Start menu item? If so, this
> free program will list them for you:
>
> http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/shortcutkey...

That is exactly what I need.

BTW, how are these stored in the registry? A search of the application
name yields nothing obvious so it is some obscure indirection?

Thanks,
Gary
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:45:57 PM

I replied to "Gary Brown":
>> By "Shortcut keys" do you mean the ones you specify in the
>> Properties dialog for a shortcut or Start menu item? If so, this
>> free program will list them for you:
>>
>> http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/shortcutkey...

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:20:49 -0400, "Gary Brown"
<garyjbrown@charter.net> wrote:>
>That is exactly what I need.
>
>BTW, how are these stored in the registry? A search of the application
>name yields nothing obvious so it is some obscure indirection?

AFAIK they're not stored in the registry. Rather, Windows knows to
look in the Start Menu. (If shortcut keys in desktop shortcuts are
also honored, it looks there; but I can't remember.) Note that it's
not just the current user's directories but the All Users
directories that Windows checks.

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I got bogged down and new
messages were frighteningly numerous. :-) I'm e-mailing a copy of
my posted article.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)
!