XP Professional CD Won't Load

I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It won't
load.
I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.

The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.

I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
has a primary partition.

What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?

Thanks!

--
jrichar9
jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919

    well you have to set in the bios to boot from cd if that doesn't work you
    may have to buy a retail version of windows xp you could have an upgrade
    disk.

    "jrichar9" <jrichar9.1qjeix@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

    > I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It won't
    > load.
    > I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.
    >
    > I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
    > has a primary partition.
    >
    > What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > jrichar9
    > jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819080789

    Check that there is not a disk in the floppy. Check in the BIOS that your CD
    drive is set to boot first.

    "jrichar9" <jrichar9.1qjeix@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

    > I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It won't
    > load.
    > I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.
    >
    > I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
    > has a primary partition.
    >
    > What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > jrichar9
    > jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819080789

    Hi,

    Your BIOS boot order is likely incorrect, you need to set it to boot from
    the CD first - before the hard drive. The error message you are recieving is
    because there is no bootable files on the hard drive (not yet anyways, at
    least until you install the operating system).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    jrichar9 wrote:
    > I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It
    > won't load.
    > I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.
    >
    > I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
    > has a primary partition.
    >
    > What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?

    Here's the problem I am having..
    You say the CD won't load.. Yet you also state you've formatted the hard
    drive to NTFS three times.. Which is it? You cannot have both.

    Now - when you put your Windows XP CD in, you turn on the computer to go
    into the BIOS and see that it is set to boot from the CD first and then you
    exit (saving changes) and watch - do you see the "Press Any Key to Boot from
    CD" message.. And do you press any key?

    If not - then either you didn't set the BIOS correctly OR your CD or CD
    drive or controller is toast.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Might be a stupid question but do you have a disk in your floppy drive by chance

    --
    Peter

    "jrichar9" <jrichar9.1qjeix@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message news:jrichar9.1qjeix@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...

    > I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It won't
    > load.
    > I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.
    >
    > I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
    > has a primary partition.
    >
    > What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > jrichar9
    > jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819080789

    You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots
    before the hard drive.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    jrichar9 wrote:

    > I am trying to load WinXP Professional from the CD at boot up. It won't
    > load.
    > I have an AMD/K6 450 CPU and a 100 GB hard drive.
    >
    > The computer gives me an "invalid system disk" message.
    >
    > I've formatted the hard drive three times to the NTFS file system. It
    > has a primary partition.
    >
    > What should I do to fix this where the computer will boot to the CD?
    >
    > Thanks!

    The BIOS is set to boot first from the CD Rom drive. It still refuses
    to load from the CD.

    Don't know what else to do.

    --

    jrichar9 wrote:

    > The BIOS is set to boot first from the CD Rom drive. It still refuses
    > to load from the CD.
    >
    > Don't know what else to do.

    How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310994

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Is the CD okay?
    Clean the CD-Drive and retry.
    Do you have a computer with more than one CD-ROM
    (cd-rom/dvd/cd-writer?If then insert the CD into another drive and check
    what happens.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    jrichar9 wrote:

    > The BIOS is set to boot first from the CD Rom drive. It still refuses
    > to load from the CD.
    >
    > Don't know what else to do.

CD-Rom Hard Drives Windows XP