Does this make me an evil dragon?

Cats.

The furry ones with for (spelling adapted to american custom) feet and 1-2
eyes. And definitely with a mind of their own.

Whenever our specimen (Pascal, named after the language) wants to go out,
he prefers first to stand inside, with the door open, scanning the
environment. For a veeery loooong time.

Especially in winter his feeder-beings are not too happy about that. But
if we start pushing him, or lifting him outside, he gets angry and hisses
at us, and we don't want to enrage our for-legged friend. I have therefore
found another solution. He doesn't like the vacuum cleaner, and it happens
to stand close to the door (this is my way of honoring the american
constitution, one of your amendments say you should have a vacuum cleaner
in your basement) (No, I'm not crazy, but you may be uneducated).

So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
have called him COBOL.

Does this make me an evil person?

pibbur
More about does make evil dragon
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    pibbur wrote:
    > (this is my way of honoring
    > the american constitution, one of your amendments say you should have a
    > vacuum cleaner in your basement) (No, I'm not crazy, but you may be
    > uneducated).

    DOTT?

    --

    Witty Dragon
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:07:17 +0200, Witty Dragon <ten.nigriv@yttiw.luap>
    wrote:

    > pibbur wrote:
    > > (this is my way of honoring
    >> the american constitution, one of your amendments say you should have
    >> a vacuum cleaner in your basement) (No, I'm not crazy, but you may be
    >> uneducated).
    >
    > DOTT?

    DOTT

    pibbur

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    pibbur wrote:
    > Cats.
    >
    > The furry ones with for (spelling adapted to american custom) feet and
    > 1-2 eyes. And definitely with a mind of their own.

    If you do not like the 'mind of their own' part, try getting a dog next
    time instead.

    > Whenever our specimen (Pascal, named after the language) wants to go
    > out, he prefers first to stand inside, with the door open, scanning
    > the environment. For a veeery loooong time.
    >
    > Especially in winter his feeder-beings are not too happy about that.
    > But if we start pushing him, or lifting him outside, he gets angry and
    > hisses at us, and we don't want to enrage our for-legged friend. I have
    > therefore found another solution. He doesn't like the vacuum cleaner,
    > and it happens to stand close to the door (this is my way of honoring

    I use a squirt bottle of water, of which I have several stragically
    located thruout the house, but to each their own.

    > the american constitution, one of your amendments say you should have a
    > vacuum cleaner in your basement) (No, I'm not crazy, but you may be
    > uneducated).

    Uhm, to which 'America' are you referring? There are two to two and a
    half of them (depending on who you ask).

    > So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    > cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    > Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    > have called him COBOL.

    There are far, far, worse things than COBOL. BASH scripting for example.

    > Does this make me an evil person?

    No, but just being a person makes you evil.

    > pibbur

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:23:59 -0700, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    wrote:

    >pibbur wrote:
    >> Cats.
    >>
    >> The furry ones with for (spelling adapted to american custom) feet and
    >> 1-2 eyes. And definitely with a mind of their own.
    >
    >If you do not like the 'mind of their own' part, try getting a dog next
    >time instead.

    Or a pet rock.

    Dog or rock - one eats its own poop and then wants to cuddle, the other
    stubs your toe. Both are better off at the bottom of a quarry.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:
    >So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >cleaner - don't know how to say it in english).

    First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner. Saying
    cleaner implies to me first a person who does cleaning then a chemical
    with which one cleans and only as a last resort a cleaning implement
    of some kind and thence by context to the implement in question.

    I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    (the manufacturers must call it something).

    On a tangent, my parents also tend to call vacuum cleaners Hoovers,
    due to the prominence of that brand (at least in the England of their
    youth) and also use hoover as a verb meaning to clean with a vacuum
    cleaner (vacuum is another verb for cleaning in this way). I note that
    hoover as a synonym vacuum cleaner at dictionary.reference.com. Other
    synonyms are carpet sweeper and vacuum sweeper.
    --
    d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
    nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a26, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

    Quoth Saint George's Dragon <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca>:
    > Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:
    > First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    > vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner.

    Not spelled like that, you don't. >:) And it isn't just you're parents
    -- nearly everyone in Britain calls it a Hoover. Carpet sweepers are
    distinct though, at least in Britain. They're the manually powered
    cleaning devices with rotary brushes that spin purely through the
    action of the wheels across the floor.

    > I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    > pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    > colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    > such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    > (the manufacturers must call it something).

    I've never even heard of such a device. <:)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Saint George's Dragon <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca>:
    >
    >>Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:

    >>First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    >>vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner.
    >

    > Not spelled like that, you don't. >:) And it isn't just you're parents
    > -- nearly everyone in Britain calls it a Hoover. Carpet sweepers are
    > distinct though, at least in Britain. They're the manually powered
    > cleaning devices with rotary brushes that spin purely through the
    > action of the wheels across the floor.
    >

    >>I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    >>pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    >>colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    >>such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    >>(the manufacturers must call it something).
    >

    > I've never even heard of such a device. <:)

    They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:26:22 -0700, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    wrote:

    >They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    >that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.

    I have a central vacuum system in one of my houses. It's from the 50s
    though. I think the new ones probably work better. They're an option in
    a lot of houses now, kind of like central air and heat.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 00:55:57 +0100, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth Saint George's Dragon <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca>:
    >> Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:
    >> First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    >> vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner.
    >
    >Not spelled like that, you don't. >:) And it isn't just you're parents
    >-- nearly everyone in Britain calls it a Hoover. Carpet sweepers are
    >distinct though, at least in Britain. They're the manually powered
    >cleaning devices with rotary brushes that spin purely through the
    >action of the wheels across the floor.
    For some unknown reason those can be called hokies here.

    >> I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    >> pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    >> colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    >> such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    >> (the manufacturers must call it something).
    >
    >I've never even heard of such a device. <:)
    I know several people that have such appliances. There is a big vac
    unit in the garage, and pipes run to every room with covers over the
    holes that you plug the hose into. When you open the cover to plug in
    the hose, the vac unit activates and you just move a hose and wand
    about. Very useful when you get a wasp in the house. Thwipp! he's in
    the garage!
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Samurai" <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    > I think our Norwegian chum should give some consideration to installing
    > a cat-flap... :)

    What about Filthy and Rich?

    --
    zhentil
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
    > Cats.
    <snip>
    > So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    > cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    > Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    > have called him COBOL.
    >
    > Does this make me an evil person?

    What do you mean by "there goes the cat"? Did you kill your cat with a
    central vac?

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 05:28:55 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Eek! pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
    >> Cats.
    > <snip>
    >> So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >> cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    >> Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    >> have called him COBOL.
    >>
    >> Does this make me an evil person?
    >
    > What do you mean by "there goes the cat"? Did you kill your cat with a
    > central vac?

    No, don't think so. Not unless the version who comes back, wants to eat
    and the sit on my lap (-top as well) is a ghost.

    pibbu
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:23:59 +0200, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    wrote:

    > pibbur wrote:
    >> Cats.
    ,,,
    > Uhm, to which 'America' are you referring? There are two to two and a
    > half of them (depending on who you ask).

    The USA.

    >> So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >> cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the
    >> cat. Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really
    >> should have called him COBOL.
    >
    > There are far, far, worse things than COBOL. BASH scripting for example.

    And LISP

    >> Does this make me an evil person?
    >
    > No, but just being a person makes you evil.

    That explains it.

    pibbr

  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 00:03:56 +0200, Saint George's Dragon
    <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    > Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:
    >> So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >> cleaner - don't know how to say it in english).
    >
    > First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    > vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner. Saying
    > cleaner implies to me first a person who does cleaning then a chemical
    > with which one cleans and only as a last resort a cleaning implement
    > of some kind and thence by context to the implement in question.
    >
    > I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    > pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    > colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    > such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    > (the manufacturers must call it something).
    >
    > On a tangent, my parents also tend to call vacuum cleaners Hoovers,
    > due to the prominence of that brand (at least in the England of their
    > youth) and also use hoover as a verb meaning to clean with a vacuum
    > cleaner (vacuum is another verb for cleaning in this way). I note that
    > hoover as a synonym vacuum cleaner at dictionary.reference.com. Other
    > synonyms are carpet sweeper and vacuum sweeper.

    Thank you for the explanation.

    pibbur

  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:26:22 +0200, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
    wrote:

    > Samurai wrote:
    >> Quoth Saint George's Dragon <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca>:
    >>
    >>> Pibbur Dragon the Righteous Superlative Retainer of Virtue wrote:
    >>
    >>> First usually in English (AFAIK) one abreviates vacuum cleaner as
    >>> vaccum (you can even shorten it to vac) rather than cleaner.
    >> Not spelled like that, you don't. >:) And it isn't just you're
    >> parents -- nearly everyone in Britain calls it a Hoover. Carpet
    >> sweepers are distinct though, at least in Britain. They're the
    >> manually powered cleaning devices with rotary brushes that spin purely
    >> through the action of the wheels across the floor.
    >>
    >>> I would be tempted to say that the proper term for centralized vacuum
    >>> pumping is central vac or (as justed suggested by an equally unsure
    >>> colleague) central vacuum system, but I am not sure. My parents have
    >>> such a setup, but perhaps there is actually no English word for it
    >>> (the manufacturers must call it something).
    >> I've never even heard of such a device. <:)
    >
    > They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    > that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it
    > in.

    And the dust are actually removed from the house, not just redistributed.

    pibbur
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno>
    wrote:

    >The problem with cat flaps is that other cats may enter the house as well.
    >There are of course cat flaps which respond only to your particular
    >specimen, but these require the cat to wear a necklace, which our refuses.
    >And he knows how to remove it.

    Oh, what is the problem with other cats in the house?
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

    >There are far, far, worse things than COBOL. BASH scripting for example.

    '`´ - which one to use right now? Seriously, if you have BASH then you
    have CSH or TCSH as well.
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 17:18:07 +0200, Claus Dragon
    <claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

    > Words to the wise, pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The problem with cat flaps is that other cats may enter the house as
    >> well.
    >> There are of course cat flaps which respond only to your particular
    >> specimen, but these require the cat to wear a necklace, which our
    >> refuses.
    >> And he knows how to remove it.
    >
    > Oh, what is the problem with other cats in the house?

    The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.

    All those dead cats would make a terrible mess and smell (especially those
    we can't find).

    pibbur
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>:
    > They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    > that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.

    I understood the principle from the context. I was just entirely
    unaware people were so lazy, they couldn't carry a vacuum cleaner from
    one room to another. ;)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:08:04 +0100, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>:
    >> They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    >> that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.
    >
    >I understood the principle from the context. I was just entirely
    >unaware people were so lazy, they couldn't carry a vacuum cleaner from
    >one room to another. ;)

    It's not laziness - you still have to lug a hose and the motorized sweeper
    unit around. It just makes it easier to collect all the dirt and dust in
    one area and helps prevent any of the particulate matter from being
    redistributed into the living areas.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno>:
    > The problem with cat flaps is that other cats may enter the house as well.
    > There are of course cat flaps which respond only to your particular
    > specimen, but these require the cat to wear a necklace, which our refuses.
    > And he knows how to remove it.

    Ah. If you know there are other cats in the neighbourhood who'll use
    your cat-door, that does make things rather more difficult. Still, the
    latest electronic catflaps respond to microchips -- I'm sure it won't
    be long, given the increasing trend of chipping pets, that someone will
    make a catflap that can be programmed to respond to the one under their
    skin.

    In the meantime, though, looks like you're still the doorman. :)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:10:31 +0100, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno>:
    >> The problem with cat flaps is that other cats may enter the house as well.
    >> There are of course cat flaps which respond only to your particular
    >> specimen, but these require the cat to wear a necklace, which our refuses.
    >> And he knows how to remove it.
    >
    >Ah. If you know there are other cats in the neighbourhood who'll use
    >your cat-door, that does make things rather more difficult. Still, the
    >latest electronic catflaps respond to microchips -- I'm sure it won't
    >be long, given the increasing trend of chipping pets, that someone will
    >make a catflap that can be programmed to respond to the one under their
    >skin.
    >
    >In the meantime, though, looks like you're still the doorman. :)

    Or you could just kill (perhaps with the central vacuum system) any
    foreign animals that dare to intrude into your pet's domain.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >In the meantime, though, looks like you're still the doorman. :)

    But aint it fun? I love it when our cat comes running meowing to the
    door and then starts to purr and be friendly in general. Even if its
    2am.
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>:
    >> They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    >> that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.
    >
    >I understood the principle from the context. I was just entirely
    >unaware people were so lazy, they couldn't carry a vacuum cleaner from
    >one room to another. ;)

    Sounds like another source of energy waste.
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! pibbur wrote:
    <snip>
    > The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.

    My cat used to hate other cats too, but now he is okay with them. But I
    can't stand other cats.... Ranmao is the cutest in the world, period.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "pibbur" <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote in message

    > Whenever our specimen (Pascal, named after the language) wants to go out,
    > he prefers first to stand inside, with the door open, scanning the
    > environment. For a veeery loooong time.
    >
    > So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    > cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    > Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    > have called him COBOL.

    So what do you actually do with the hose? Do you use it to poke your cat and
    make it go outside?

    - GSD
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:53:53 +0200, Great Siberian Dragon
    <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

    > "pibbur" <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Whenever our specimen (Pascal, named after the language) wants to go
    >> out,
    >> he prefers first to stand inside, with the door open, scanning the
    >> environment. For a veeery loooong time.
    >>
    >> So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >> cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    >> Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    >> have called him COBOL.
    >
    > So what do you actually do with the hose? Do you use it to poke your cat
    > and
    > make it go outside?

    No, I don't touch him. The sound is enohg.

    pibbur

  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 05:48:02 GMT, pibbur
    <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:

    >No, I don't touch him. The sound is enohg.

    "enohg"? Is that something a Sleestak would say?

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 08:46:12 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 05:48:02 GMT, pibbur
    > <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
    >
    >> No, I don't touch him. The sound is enohg.
    >
    > "enohg"? Is that something a Sleestak would say?

    I refer to the thread "Broken English"

    pibbur
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Eek! pibbur wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.
    >
    > My cat used to hate other cats too, but now he is okay with them. But I
    > can't stand other cats.... Ranmao is the cutest in the world, period.

    When we just moved into our house our neighbour's black-and-white cat came
    to pay a visit a few times, and we were all happy to scratch it behind its
    ears and feed him bits of food. That came to a drastic end though when we
    got our own cat and they didn't get along at all. She pretty much doesn't
    like anyone outside the people living in the house; it took her ages to get
    used to the more frequent visitors like my sister's friends or my Mum's
    boyfriend, who sometimes also brings his dog over, to Mousya's dismay.

    - GSD
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    pibbur wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:47:53 +0200, Lumina Dragon
    > <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes. You are here for the cat's comfort, not the other way around.
    >>

    > So you have a cat, too?

    A cat? *A* cat?!? As in "One (1) singular cat"?

    Try five. I had a post a while back, in my Return thread, detailing the
    circumstances leading to that (after all, when I poofed, I think I still
    had 4... the number fluctuated quite a lot in the interim).

    Ours, at least, are indoor cats. Although one of them decided otherwise
    last year and staged a jailbreak, which resulted in five kittens. (Alas,
    sevenc ats was too much for us to support. But we found friends and
    relatives in need of cats, so the extra two got good homes.)

    -Lumina Dragon

    P.S. Apologies if this doubleposts, I forgot to add some stuff, and snip
    the top. I hit cancel in midsend, but dunno if I was in time.
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > pibbur wrote:
    <snip>
    >> So you have a cat, too?
    >
    > A cat? *A* cat?!? As in "One (1) singular cat"?
    >
    > Try five.

    You know, I think people need to have a cat before they know what they've
    been missing out. Cats are important companions in my life!

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:06:40 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >> pibbur wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>> So you have a cat, too?
    >>
    >> A cat? *A* cat?!? As in "One (1) singular cat"?
    >>
    >> Try five.
    >
    >You know, I think people need to have a cat before they know what they've
    >been missing out. Cats are important meals in my life!

    Oh really?

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    <snip>
    >>You know, I think people need to have a cat before they know what they've
    >>been missing out. Cats are important meals in my life!
    >
    > Oh really?

    I hate you! You changed my words. :-p Companions! not meals.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 06:09:06 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Eek! Polychromic wrote:
    >> Ashikaga wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>>You know, I think people need to have a cat before they know what they've
    >>>been missing out. Cats are important meals in my life!
    >>
    >> Oh really?
    >
    >I hate you! You changed my words. :-p Companions! not meals.

    How do you know if you don't try it?
    I'm sure you can find a stray cat for a snack.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:09:54 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:06:40 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >>> pibbur wrote:
    >><snip>
    >>>
    >>> A cat? *A* cat?!? As in "One (1) singular cat"?
    >>>
    >>> Try five.
    >>
    >>You know, I think people need to have a cat before they know what they've
    >>been missing out. Cats are important meals in my life!
    >
    >Oh really?
    ?
    sounds like something Poly would say. :-)
    But I am saddened. One of my co-worker's cats, Gizmo - a rare male
    calico and a big one at that, got killed a couple of nights ago,
    apparrently by a bobcat.He never strayed far from their house. He was
    my favorite of their cats. When we'd go there I could pick him up and
    hold him upside down in my arms and he would be longer than I was
    wide.And that's saying something. I'll really miss him.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:07:14 GMT, Optician Dragon
    <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

    >sounds like something Poly would say. :-)
    >But I am saddened. One of my co-worker's cats, Gizmo - a rare male
    >calico and a big one at that, got killed a couple of nights ago,
    >apparrently by a bobcat.He never strayed far from their house. He was
    >my favorite of their cats. When we'd go there I could pick him up and
    >hold him upside down in my arms and he would be longer than I was
    >wide.And that's saying something. I'll really miss him.

    So Gizmo is just missing or they found the remains? That's sad.
    Remember, no water and never feed Gizmo after midnight.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 07:43:09 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:07:14 GMT, Optician Dragon
    ><DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>sounds like something Poly would say. :-)
    >>But I am saddened. One of my co-worker's cats, Gizmo - a rare male
    >>calico and a big one at that, got killed a couple of nights ago,
    >>apparrently by a bobcat.He never strayed far from their house. He was
    >>my favorite of their cats. When we'd go there I could pick him up and
    >>hold him upside down in my arms and he would be longer than I was
    >>wide.And that's saying something. I'll really miss him.
    >
    >So Gizmo is just missing or they found the remains? That's sad.
    >Remember, no water and never feed Gizmo after midnight.
    Yeah, they found his remains and he was pretty torn up.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
    > Polychromic wrote:
    >>Optician Dragon wrote:
    >>
    >>>sounds like something Poly would say. :-)
    >>>But I am saddened. One of my co-worker's cats, Gizmo - a rare male
    >>>calico and a big one at that, got killed a couple of nights ago,
    >>>apparrently by a bobcat.He never strayed far from their house. He was
    >>>my favorite of their cats. When we'd go there I could pick him up and
    >>>hold him upside down in my arms and he would be longer than I was
    >>>wide.And that's saying something. I'll really miss him.
    >>
    >>So Gizmo is just missing or they found the remains? That's sad.
    >>Remember, no water and never feed Gizmo after midnight.
    > Yeah, they found his remains and he was pretty torn up.

    LALALALALALA! I didn't hear any of this.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Claus Dragon wrote:
    > Words to the wise, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >

    >>There are far, far, worse things than COBOL. BASH scripting for example.
    >

    > '`´ - which one to use right now? Seriously, if you have BASH then you
    > have CSH or TCSH as well.

    I personally prefer BASH to CSH, TCSH, or KSH. This is really only
    because of more familiariarity with it, rather than anything else. They
    are pretty close in functionality.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    pibbur wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:23:59 +0200, thehawk
    > <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >
    >> pibbur wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cats.
    >
    > ,,,
    >
    >> Uhm, to which 'America' are you referring? There are two to two and
    >> a half of them (depending on who you ask).
    >

    > The USA.

    Well, erm, the USA is not really an America. Your choices are 'North
    America', 'South America', and 'Central America' (the half part, which
    it is technically part of North America).

    Hey, do not blame me for being particular on this part- I am just
    looking out for all the Mexicans, Canadians, and everyone else who would
    rather not be lumped in with the United Statesians.

    >>> So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central
    >>> vacuum cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there
    >>> goes the cat. Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat,
    >>> we really should have called him COBOL.
    >>

    >> There are far, far, worse things than COBOL. BASH scripting for example.
    >>

    > And LISP
    >
    >>> Does this make me an evil person?
    >>

    >> No, but just being a person makes you evil.
    >>
    > That explains it.

    Yes. One of these days I will have to have you explain it all to me.
    It is very confusing.

    > pibbr

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Ashikaga wrote:
    > Eek! pibbur wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >>The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.
    >

    > My cat used to hate other cats too, but now he is okay with them. But I
    > can't stand other cats.... Ranmao is the cutest in the world, period.

    No... Moonlight is.

    http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/mykitty.jpg

    -Lumina Dragon
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>:
    >
    >>They are awesome. If I ever get another house, I am definitely putting
    >>that stuff in. Then you just have to move around the hose and plug it in.
    >

    > I understood the principle from the context. I was just entirely
    > unaware people were so lazy, they couldn't carry a vacuum cleaner from
    > one room to another. ;)

    Never underestimate the power of laziness!

    Or, as Walter Slovotsky would say, "While it doesn't get the good press
    that hard work and industry get, laziness is a talent to be cultivated,
    like any other."

    -Lumina Dragon
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    thehawk wrote:
    > pibbur wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:23:59 +0200, thehawk
    >> <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Uhm, to which 'America' are you referring? There are two to two and
    >>> a half of them (depending on who you ask).
    >>
    >> The USA.
    >
    > Well, erm, the USA is not really an America. Your choices are 'North
    > America', 'South America', and 'Central America' (the half part, which
    > it is technically part of North America).

    And yet he never said "an America" Ye said "the American constitution".
    Impliang the nation colloquially referred to as America. To my
    knowledge, the USA is the only nation so referred.

    > Hey, do not blame me for being particular on this part- I am just
    > looking out for all the Mexicans, Canadians, and everyone else who would
    > rather not be lumped in with the United Statesians.

    That's all right. Sometimes, WE don't want to be lumped in with us.

    -Lumina Dragon
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Ashikaga wrote:
    > Eek! pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
    >
    >>So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >>cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    >>Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    >>have called him COBOL.
    >>
    >>Does this make me an evil person?
    >
    > What do you mean by "there goes the cat"? Did you kill your cat with a
    > central vac?

    "There goes the cat" as in "there goes the cat, out of the room". It
    flees the noise.

    Cats in general seem to react that way to vacuum cleaners, although I
    have no idea what this central kind is like. A standard upright vac will
    make sufficient noise, as our cats learn whenever we need to clean with it.

    -Lumina Dragon
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > Ashikaga wrote:
    >
    >> Eek! pibbur wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.
    >>

    >> My cat used to hate other cats too, but now he is okay with them. But I
    >> can't stand other cats.... Ranmao is the cutest in the world, period.
    >

    > No... Moonlight is.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/mykitty.jpg

    That cat has a face of pure evil. It's not cute at all.

    I think it wants to eat my liver.

    --

    Witty Dragon
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:59:23 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Ashikaga wrote:
    >> Eek! pibbur wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>The main reason is that our cat HATES other cats.
    >>

    >> My cat used to hate other cats too, but now he is okay with them. But I
    >> can't stand other cats.... Ranmao is the cutest in the world, period.
    >
    >No... Moonlight is.
    >
    >http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/mykitty.jpg
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon
    Apparently you haven't seen our latest cat, Lumina.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7ucve/decatnefret/

    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  48. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:59:05 GMT, Optician Dragon
    <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Apparently you haven't seen our latest cat, Lumina.
    >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7ucve/decatnefret/

    You named your cat after a decaffeinated drink? :)
    Well, if I ever visit, I'll call 'em Decaf.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:12:05 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Ashikaga wrote:
    >> Eek! pibbur <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
    >>
    >>>So I fetch the cleaner (or rather the hose - we have a central vacuum
    >>>cleaner - don't know how to say it in english). And there goes the cat.
    >>>Until know he hasn't made the connection. Stupid cat, we really should
    >>>have called him COBOL.
    >>>
    >>>Does this make me an evil person?
    >>
    >> What do you mean by "there goes the cat"? Did you kill your cat with a
    >> central vac?
    >
    >"There goes the cat" as in "there goes the cat, out of the room". It
    >flees the noise.
    >
    >Cats in general seem to react that way to vacuum cleaners, although I
    >have no idea what this central kind is like. A standard upright vac will
    >make sufficient noise, as our cats learn whenever we need to clean with it.
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon
    All the cats we've had dislike the vacuum, except the majestic Eowyn,.
    She would sit there as you ran the vacuum up to her and not move, and
    if you put the brush attachment on, she loved being vacuumed that way.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann

Video Games