Unable to log in by admin ID & password

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 13, 2005 1:43:39 AM

The problem is with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 which was preinstalled
in the machine I recently purchased.
I booted the system in SAVE mode and created a password for
Administrator account, but when I attempted to log in by Administrator
account the following message is displayed:

Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.

How can I remove this "account restriction".

Kaz

More about : unable log admin password

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:43:40 AM

This is normal behavior. You'll have to login via safe mode to get to that
account. Who needs it, anyway? If you've got administrator priveleges, thats
just like using the admin account.

"honjo" <a@b.c> wrote in message
news:o oxPSl7bFHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The problem is with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 which was preinstalled
> in the machine I recently purchased.
> I booted the system in SAVE mode and created a password for
> Administrator account, but when I attempted to log in by Administrator
> account the following message is displayed:
>
> Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.
>
> How can I remove this "account restriction".
>
> Kaz
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:43:41 AM

So, that is a difference of Home Edition compared to Professional. Thanks.

Kaz

!