Unable to log in by admin ID & password

The problem is with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 which was preinstalled
in the machine I recently purchased.
I booted the system in SAVE mode and created a password for
Administrator account, but when I attempted to log in by Administrator
account the following message is displayed:

Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.

How can I remove this "account restriction".

Kaz
2 answers Last reply
More about unable admin password

    This is normal behavior. You'll have to login via safe mode to get to that
    account. Who needs it, anyway? If you've got administrator priveleges, thats
    just like using the admin account.

    "honjo" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    > The problem is with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 which was preinstalled
    > in the machine I recently purchased.
    > I booted the system in SAVE mode and created a password for
    > Administrator account, but when I attempted to log in by Administrator
    > account the following message is displayed:
    >
    > Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.
    >
    > How can I remove this "account restriction".
    >
    > Kaz

    So, that is a difference of Home Edition compared to Professional. Thanks.

    Kaz

    Brian C. wrote:
    > This is normal behavior. You'll have to login via safe mode to get to that
    > account. Who needs it, anyway? If you've got administrator priveleges, thats
    > just like using the admin account.
    >
    > "honjo" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    >
    >>The problem is with Windows XP Home Edition SP2 which was preinstalled
    >>in the machine I recently purchased.
    >>I booted the system in SAVE mode and created a password for
    >>Administrator account, but when I attempted to log in by Administrator
    >>account the following message is displayed:
    >>
    >>Unable to log you on because of an account restriction.
    >>
    >>How can I remove this "account restriction".
    >>
    >>Kaz

Login Microsoft Windows XP