Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I have one question about SW3

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:34:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Yes, I finally saw it.

So one question, besides why is Anakin and Padme's acting so bad that is.

After Obi-Wan defeats "Vader" I guess he assumed he would die there.
Okay, that I understand. But where was the "D'oh!" moment when he finds
out Vader is still alive? Instead we get some drivel about communing with
the spirit of Qui-Gon? Also, I noticed that Lucas just had to bring up
the mitochondria again. You do know that he meant mitochondria but did so
poorly in school he couldn't remember how to spell it, right?

It would have been a good series if it was done in order and with a good
director. Oh well.

LOTR still rules. :) 

/waits for Ultima movie.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

More about : question sw3

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:39:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

> After Obi-Wan defeats "Vader" I guess he assumed he would die there.
> Okay, that I understand. But where was the "D'oh!" moment when he finds
> out Vader is still alive?

I saw a DVD Rip in English, and each time I see non dubbed stuff
I only understand half of it, but didn't Padme say she felt he was
still alive when giving birth to the twins ?

-Moa Dragon


--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
369 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.
Téléchargez au jour d'hui gratuitement SPAMfighter!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:39:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:39:31 +0200, "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I saw a DVD Rip in English, and each time I see non dubbed stuff
>I only understand half of it, but didn't Padme say she felt he was
>still alive when giving birth to the twins ?

No. She names Luke and Leia, then says she knows there is good in him
(referring to Anakin), then she dies. Finally. Without even telling
everyone that Jar-Jar was the real father.

Vader - Father. One day I will chisel "Capt. Obvious" on George Lucas'
headstone.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
Related resources
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 5:02:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

> No. She names Luke and Leia, then says she knows there is good in him
> (referring to Anakin), then she dies.

Yep, just checked the script again. Anyway, the "doh" moment is probably
between episode 3 and 4. I mean, Vader gets rather famous
in the galaxy. I suppose Kenobi eventually hears the name and
think "Vader ? Burnt guy in a metal suit ? Big Friend of the emperor ?
DOH !!!!!"

-Moa Dragon


--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
370 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.
Téléchargez au jour d'hui gratuitement SPAMfighter!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:29:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:irsf91ddqf2ce9as8n2dueh0lrvftio6kn@4ax.com...
> Yes, I finally saw it.




















> So one question, besides why is Anakin and Padme's acting so bad that is.

Cause George has zero interest in living actors?

I feel kinda bad for Hayden Christensen, who's been slammed as talentless
for his acting in the prequels despite the fact that Samuel L. Jackson, for
example, doesn't fare one bit better. I guess it's because most other actors
have a body of work behind them to save their reputations whereas
Christensen is a newcomer who is judged almost solely on Star Wars. Which is
a shame because he did some real fine work in "Shattered Glass".

> After Obi-Wan defeats "Vader" I guess he assumed he would die there.
> Okay, that I understand. But where was the "D'oh!" moment when he finds
> out Vader is still alive? Instead we get some drivel about communing with
> the spirit of Qui-Gon?

Yeah, the lack of any reaction whatsoever was strange. And why mention
Qui-Gon and then not show him? (Ok, so I like Liam Neeson, :) 

> /waits for Ultima movie.

I think right now there's a general fatigue as far as medieval-looking
movies are concerned... just look at the way "Kingdom of Heaven"
underperformed.

- GSD
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:29:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:29:15 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
<daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:irsf91ddqf2ce9as8n2dueh0lrvftio6kn@4ax.com...
>> Yes, I finally saw it.
>
Are spoilers really needed? After all we've already seen the sequel
nearly 30 years ago! Also, I don't think you could really discuss a movie
without spoiling it, that's why you make it patently obvious in the
subject line what you're talking about. Now if I had used a subject line
of "I have one question...", then perhaps a spoiler would be indicated.
If the secrets weren't already so old that is.
>
Nyah, nyah! Darth Vader is Luke's father!! There, I revealed it all!
>
>> So one question, besides why is Anakin and Padme's acting so bad that is.
>
>Cause George has zero interest in living actors?
>
>I feel kinda bad for Hayden Christensen, who's been slammed as talentless
>for his acting in the prequels despite the fact that Samuel L. Jackson, for

He is also one of the main characters and SLJ's character could have been
entirely done away with and no one would have noticed.

>Yeah, the lack of any reaction whatsoever was strange. And why mention
>Qui-Gon and then not show him? (Ok, so I like Liam Neeson, :) 

Liam said he hated that role. I thought he played a jedi quite well
however.

>I think right now there's a general fatigue as far as medieval-looking
>movies are concerned... just look at the way "Kingdom of Heaven"
>underperformed.

I thought that was due to the poor character development and the studio's
whoring of Orlando Bloom's fame to make a quick buck.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:29:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Words to the wise, "Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au>
wrote:

>I feel kinda bad for Hayden Christensen, who's been slammed as talentless
>for his acting in the prequels despite the fact that Samuel L. Jackson, for
>example, doesn't fare one bit better. I guess it's because most other actors
>have a body of work behind them to save their reputations whereas
>Christensen is a newcomer who is judged almost solely on Star Wars. Which is
>a shame because he did some real fine work in "Shattered Glass".

In Episode 2, I really like Jackson. His attitude of laid-backness
really works there. Cant comment on Episode 3 as I havent seen it yet.

>> /waits for Ultima movie.
>
>I think right now there's a general fatigue as far as medieval-looking
>movies are concerned... just look at the way "Kingdom of Heaven"
>underperformed.

I had really problems with that movie setting, but when I saw it on
Thursday (23:00 - 1:30), it wasnt really bad. Okay, not good either,
at least not in some aspects, but what I liked about it was the sense
of uselessness of war it to me at least tried to depict.

The one scene where the Sarazenes march up on one side and the
crusader army marches up on the other side with the cross shining in
the sunlight looks really good though.

The ending is a bit cheesy, but not as cheesy as it could have been,
so all in all, I quite liked the movie.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:41:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

"Claus Dragon" <claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote in message
news:tlhg91hvr1namv1c7nakfucd5274kievip@4ax.com...
> Words to the wise, "Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >I think right now there's a general fatigue as far as medieval-looking
> >movies are concerned... just look at the way "Kingdom of Heaven"
> >underperformed.
>
> I had really problems with that movie setting, but when I saw it on
> Thursday (23:00 - 1:30), it wasnt really bad. Okay, not good either,
> at least not in some aspects, but what I liked about it was the sense
> of uselessness of war it to me at least tried to depict.

I think the film tried to have it both ways; seemingly condemning the war
and violence while glorying in it at the same time. Sorta like, "War is
baaaad... but doesn't it look cool??"

> The one scene where the Sarazenes march up on one side and the
> crusader army marches up on the other side with the cross shining in
> the sunlight looks really good though.
>
> The ending is a bit cheesy, but not as cheesy as it could have been,
> so all in all, I quite liked the movie.

I enjoyed it as well; even though the script is dodgy at times and Orlando
Bloom was woefully miscast as the lead. He's tolerable for the first half or
so when he's got a superb supporting cast to prop him up (I especially loved
Edward Norton's turn as the leper king; he did a much better job emoting
through a solid silver mask than Orlando with his entire face). But his
squeak of a rallying speech made me cringe with embarrassment; if he was my
war leader I think I'd turn and run in the opposite direction. Where or
where is Russell Crowe when you need him?

- GSD
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:41:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Words to the wise, "Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au>
wrote:
>I think the film tried to have it both ways; seemingly condemning the war
>and violence while glorying in it at the same time. Sorta like, "War is
>baaaad... but doesn't it look cool??"

Well, yeah ... in a way, yes.

>I enjoyed it as well; even though the script is dodgy at times and Orlando
>Bloom was woefully miscast as the lead. He's tolerable for the first half or
>so when he's got a superb supporting cast to prop him up (I especially loved
>Edward Norton's turn as the leper king; he did a much better job emoting
>through a solid silver mask than Orlando with his entire face).

Yes, that was good, very good in fact.
Especially the scene where he meet Saladin and then goes into the
castle. That one was done very well.

That was right after the crusaders marched up.

>But his
>squeak of a rallying speech made me cringe with embarrassment; if he was my
>war leader I think I'd turn and run in the opposite direction. Where or
>where is Russell Crowe when you need him?

That didnt even work in the dubbed version, not at all, in fact.

Interesting side note: Why did both he and the second king have to
look like Aragorn? :) 
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:41:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:41:13 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
<daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>I enjoyed it as well; even though the script is dodgy at times and Orlando
>Bloom was woefully miscast as the lead. He's tolerable for the first half or
>so when he's got a superb supporting cast to prop him up (I especially loved
>Edward Norton's turn as the leper king; he did a much better job emoting
>through a solid silver mask than Orlando with his entire face). But his
>squeak of a rallying speech made me cringe with embarrassment; if he was my
>war leader I think I'd turn and run in the opposite direction. Where or
>where is Russell Crowe when you need him?

The main flaw is that Orlando's character just became respected and
trusted too fast and without proving himself. If they'd fleshed out his
rise to power with more deeds and had him be aged a bit more, it would
have been a lot better.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 1:50:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:hsdg91pnlrtebq3gugummh2dfaj4ean2mg@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:29:15 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
> <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
> Are spoilers really needed? After all we've already seen the sequel
> nearly 30 years ago! Also, I don't think you could really discuss a movie
> without spoiling it, that's why you make it patently obvious in the
> subject line what you're talking about. Now if I had used a subject line
> of "I have one question...", then perhaps a spoiler would be indicated.
> If the secrets weren't already so old that is.
>
> Nyah, nyah! Darth Vader is Luke's father!! There, I revealed it all!

No, it can't be!!! Next thing you're going to tell me Luke is going to fall
in love with his own sister?

> >Yeah, the lack of any reaction whatsoever was strange. And why mention
> >Qui-Gon and then not show him? (Ok, so I like Liam Neeson, :) 
>
> Liam said he hated that role. I thought he played a jedi quite well
> however.

Yes, he's the main reason why I enjoyed Phantom Menace so much more than
Attack of the Clones. But what the prequels really need IMO is an irreverent
character like Han Solo; these Jedi types are just all much too solemn.

> >I think right now there's a general fatigue as far as medieval-looking
> >movies are concerned... just look at the way "Kingdom of Heaven"
> >underperformed.
>
> I thought that was due to the poor character development and the studio's
> whoring of Orlando Bloom's fame to make a quick buck.

Well poor character development didn't stop a certain Lucas flick making
gazillions this last week...

- GSD
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:07:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Words to the wise, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:


>The main flaw is that Orlando's character just became respected and
>trusted too fast and without proving himself. If they'd fleshed out his
>rise to power with more deeds and had him be aged a bit more, it would
>have been a lot better.

Yeah, very good point. There is much charisma used there that it is
just plainly a fairy tale.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:11:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:D 7bk91p3dar3nh3hhpr11ddpr51cc9noef@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:41:13 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
> <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
> The main flaw is that Orlando's character just became respected and
> trusted too fast and without proving himself. If they'd fleshed out his
> rise to power with more deeds and had him be aged a bit more, it would
> have been a lot better.

I agree; he basically gets his high title handed to him on a silver plate
and earns most of the trust through his father's reputation. And apparently
the historical Balian of Ibelin at the time of these events was a man much
closer to Liam Neeson's age rather than a youth. But nooooo, they had to try
and appeal to the teenage girls demographic.

- GSD
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:29:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

I thought this was about Star Wars 3 not Kingdom of Heaven!

What are you guys/gals about anyway?

Sure I may be silly and gullible as the youngest of dragons some/most of the
time, but this is too much.

--

Jonathan Comly (A.K.A.: B2D and The Cast)
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:07:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

BubbaDragon wrote:
> I thought this was about Star Wars 3 not Kingdom of Heaven!
>
> What are you guys/gals about anyway?
>
> Sure I may be silly and gullible as the youngest of dragons some/most of the
> time, but this is too much.

Since when have we _ever_ been required to stay on topic here?

The answer is never.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:12:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:07:10 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>BubbaDragon wrote:
>> I thought this was about Star Wars 3 not Kingdom of Heaven!
>>
>> What are you guys/gals about anyway?
>>
>> Sure I may be silly and gullible as the youngest of dragons some/most of the
>> time, but this is too much.
>
>Since when have we _ever_ been required to stay on topic here?
>
>The answer is never.

If being off topic is on topic, then how can we ever be off topic?

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:39:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Words to the wise, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>>Since when have we _ever_ been required to stay on topic here?
>>
>>The answer is never.
>
>If being off topic is on topic, then how can we ever be off topic?

If we are on topic.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:49:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Claus Dragon wrote:

>>If being off topic is on topic, then how can we ever be off topic?
>
> If we are on topic.

No, we are.

--
Cape Dweller Dragon
Remember, I've got a debt to pay. It's about quantity, not quality.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:53:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>
>>>Since when have we _ever_ been required to stay on topic here?
>>>
>>>The answer is never.
>>
>>If being off topic is on topic, then how can we ever be off topic?

Exactly.

> If we are on topic.
!