the mouse pointer(optical mouse) doesnt always move in the direction i want
it to. it would sometimes move by itself..i thought it was a mouse problem so
i changed my mouse to a microsoft mouse...but the same problem again...does
anybody have a cure for this ... thank you

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Try unchecking "Enhance Pointer Precision" in

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options (tab)

Jon

gillbates wrote:
> the mouse pointer(optical mouse) doesnt always move in the direction
> i want it to. it would sometimes move by itself..i thought it was a
> mouse problem so i changed my mouse to a microsoft mouse...but the
> same problem again...does anybody have a cure for this ... thank you

It only happens when you play Solitare, right? If so, same here.

You assume since it's an optical mouse, with no ball to roll, it doesn't
need a pad. Guess what? it does. Otherwise you will get cursor movement,
especially on a shiny surface.