Uninstall all drivers

sam_fisher

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Windows takes a good 40 seconds to boot (I'm running a Vertex 4 120GB with v1.5 firmware), and I'm fairly certain it's due to some driver I've downloaded from Asus's website.
I reformatted to see if that would fix it, and it booted very quickly until I had installed the drivers (I did many at once so I can't single one out). Is there any way to uninstall all of my drivers so I can go back one by one and see which one is causing the issue?

I'm running a P8Z77-V.

Solution
RE-format would be best solution, only takes 30 mins especially on SSD.

Driver Sweeper is a software that deletes drivers in any case.

If there is a slowdown, however, I'd put my money in some application that is launching at startup like sound controler or maybe you installed WiFi software.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
RE-format would be best solution, only takes 30 mins especially on SSD.

Driver Sweeper is a software that deletes drivers in any case.

If there is a slowdown, however, I'd put my money in some application that is launching at startup like sound controler or maybe you installed WiFi software.

Solution

sam_fisher

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
I don't really want to reformat if I don't have to - I've done 3 in the past week across various machines and it's a pain haha.

I'll look into Driver Sweeper, thanks.

It's not taking long to load at that point, it's when the Windows Splash logo is up that it sits on (hence why I think a driver may be contributed).

TRENDING THREADS