Best Laptop for All Around Performance

Hey guys, I’m looking for a good 15’ laptop to replace my 17’ that just died. I’ve got a few things I’m looking fore that are important:

1 Good customer service, this means no HP. I had nothing but trouble with the hp that I’m trying to replace.
2 I’d like to be able to run games like fear and far cry on it. It doesn’t have to be a power house, that’s why I have a desktop but being able to game a little on trips would be nice.
3 I’d like to keep it about 6.5 lbs and under $1,800

I’ve been looking at the Dell Vostro 1500, and it looks like it has all the stuff that I want but I’ve heard it’s really heavy. Anyone have any better ideas? Thanks!
-Eric
3 answers Last reply
More about best laptop performance
  1. Most of them in your range will be heavy. Light costs money.

For light go with the IBM T61 or Apple PowerBook , bu for inexpensive performance, the DELL is a good reference point, especially when using discount coupons.
  2. VOSTRO 1500 is very good , (Both price and performance)
  3. Toshiba, i have an A100 998 that has good rounded performace concidering mines a year old now can play games (CS:S, HL2 plus steam games and mods) 2gb ram and lot of hdd space, Centrino Duo, good alround prolly get one cheap now or better performance for the same price i paid a year ago
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Performance Hewlett Packard