Is there a way to have XP Pro reboot to last restore point..

I want to setup a middle school computer lab so that each time the
computers are booted up, they boot to a specific configuration,
automatically.

Any way to do this easily? A script that runs either on bootup or
shutdown perhaps ????

thanks,
niteowl
5 answers Last reply
More about reboot restore point

    niteowl wrote:

    > I want to setup a middle school computer lab so that each time the
    > computers are booted up, they boot to a specific configuration,
    > automatically.
    >
    > Any way to do this easily? A script that runs either on bootup or
    > shutdown perhaps ????
    >
    > thanks,
    > niteowl

    Deep Freeze
    http://www.faronics.com/index.asp

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Not with what comes with Windows XP. There are 3rd party programs that
    accomplish what you want. One of them is GoBack. You can do anything you
    want while the system is up and running. If you get virus's, trojans,
    adware, dialers etc, they will all be gone when the computer is rebooted -
    if you set it up as such.

    The computer can be made to always boot clean and with only the programs and
    services YOU want on the machine. If something bad happens to it, just
    reboot and you are back to where you were.

    It is used in places where computers are public, such as in libraries etc.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "niteowl" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I want to setup a middle school computer lab so that each time the
    > computers are booted up, they boot to a specific configuration,
    > automatically.
    >
    > Any way to do this easily? A script that runs either on bootup or
    > shutdown perhaps ????
    >
    > thanks,
    > niteowl

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:29:49 -0400, "Richard Urban"
    <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Not with what comes with Windows XP. There are 3rd party programs that
    >accomplish what you want. One of them is GoBack. You can do anything you
    >want while the system is up and running. If you get virus's, trojans,
    >adware, dialers etc, they will all be gone when the computer is rebooted -
    >if you set it up as such.
    >
    >The computer can be made to always boot clean and with only the programs and
    >services YOU want on the machine. If something bad happens to it, just
    >reboot and you are back to where you were.
    >
    >It is used in places where computers are public, such as in libraries etc.

    Thanks!

    niteowl

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:41:49 -0700, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:

    >niteowl wrote:
    >
    >> I want to setup a middle school computer lab so that each time the
    >> computers are booted up, they boot to a specific configuration,
    >> automatically.
    >>
    >> Any way to do this easily? A script that runs either on bootup or
    >> shutdown perhaps ????
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> niteowl
    >
    >Deep Freeze
    >http://www.faronics.com/index.asp

    Thank You!!!

    niteowl

    niteowl wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:41:49 -0700, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:
    >

    >>niteowl wrote:
    >>

    >>>I want to setup a middle school computer lab so that each time the
    >>>computers are booted up, they boot to a specific configuration,
    >>>automatically.
    >>>
    >>>Any way to do this easily? A script that runs either on bootup or
    >>>shutdown perhaps ????
    >>>
    >>>thanks,
    >>>niteowl
    >>
    >>Deep Freeze