Moving Documents and Settings

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Hi, is it possible to move the Documents and Settings Tree to another
drive? I just want to pit all the user information on a seperate large
Raid HD, and am not sure whether just moving this tree to the new
drive will work, is allowed or is there anther way i have to go about
this.

If i do move it, do i just do it on one big move, or is there a per
user action also required?

Many Thanks
Jamie
Jamie O'Brien
jamien@interworx.com.au

Jamie <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to move the Documents and Settings Tree to another
> drive?

"Cannot move or rename the Documents and Settings folder"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236621

> I just want to pit all the user information on a seperate large
> Raid HD, and am not sure whether just moving this tree to the new
> drive will work,

Nope. However, you can move some of the subfolders (with TweakUI).

--
d-d