Apologies...

.... for the many posts I've made today, some to messages half a month
old. Since UJ6 ended, I've been preoccupied with far too many things to
keep up with them all, which often left some things, like the NG, short
on time. As such, there were things I never got around to answering
until now.

Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
but it further hampers my progress.

Just bear with me as I catch up. Which may take a couple days.

Hopefully, after that, I can at least attain some sort of regular
schedule here. I can't guarantee daily, but I will do what I can.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon wrote:
> ... for the many posts I've made today, some to messages half a month
> old. Since UJ6 ended, I've been preoccupied with far too many things to
> keep up with them all, which often left some things, like the NG, short
> on time. As such, there were things I never got around to answering
> until now.
>
> Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
> but it further hampers my progress.
>
> Just bear with me as I catch up. Which may take a couple days.
>
> Hopefully, after that, I can at least attain some sort of regular
> schedule here. I can't guarantee daily, but I will do what I can.
>
> -Lumina Dragon

Your newsreader is probably still better than mine.

Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
>but it further hampers my progress.

timeout from where?

>Just bear with me as I catch up. Which may take a couple days.
>
>Hopefully, after that, I can at least attain some sort of regular
>schedule here. I can't guarantee daily, but I will do what I can.

Its alright, Lum-lum, we can deal with it, one post at a time.

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 00:14:58 -0400, Helgraf Dragon
<helgraf@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Lumina Dragon wrote:
>> ... for the many posts I've made today, some to messages half a month
>> old. Since UJ6 ended, I've been preoccupied with far too many things to
>> keep up with them all, which often left some things, like the NG, short
>> on time. As such, there were things I never got around to answering
>> until now.
>>
>> Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
>> but it further hampers my progress.
>>
>> Just bear with me as I catch up. Which may take a couple days.
>>
>> Hopefully, after that, I can at least attain some sort of regular
>> schedule here. I can't guarantee daily, but I will do what I can.
>>
>> -Lumina Dragon
>
>Your newsreader is probably still better than mine.
Get Free Agent. The only problem I have with it is, if you make a typo
(me!? Never!) and you click the mouse to delete the typo and start
retyping, you can never get caught up to where you were as all it will
do is overwrite what you've alredy written, so I leave a lot of my
typos in, unless I catch them immediately.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:22:57 GMT, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Get Free Agent. The only problem I have with it is, if you make a typo
>(me!? Never!) and you click the mouse to delete the typo and start
>retyping, you can never get caught up to where you were as all it will
>do is overwrite what you've alredy written, so I leave a lot of my
>typos in, unless I catch them immediately.

Can't you toggle overwrite/insert with the "insert" button?

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Helgraf Dragon <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org>:
> Your newsreader is probably still better than mine.

It's probably better than mine, too. I'm on the cusp of dumping Super
Gravity, which I've given a good trial run and which I still don't
particularly like. It keeps failing to post, for one thing, which
never happened with FreeAgent, sending to the same server.

I'll give Xnews a try as well before I cave in and just buy Agent
though, I think.
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:15:45 +0100, Samurai <Samurai@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Helgraf Dragon <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org>:
>> Your newsreader is probably still better than mine.
>
>It's probably better than mine, too. I'm on the cusp of dumping Super
>Gravity, which I've given a good trial run and which I still don't
>particularly like. It keeps failing to post, for one thing, which
>never happened with FreeAgent, sending to the same server.
>
>I'll give Xnews a try as well before I cave in and just buy Agent
>though, I think.

They're testing a new version of Agent which will finally support multiple
newsservers. That will be nice.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:41:09 +0200, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

> Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
>> but it further hampers my progress.
>
> timeout from where?
>
>> Just bear with me as I catch up. Which may take a couple days.
>>
>> Hopefully, after that, I can at least attain some sort of regular
>> schedule here. I can't guarantee daily, but I will do what I can.
>
> Its alright, Lum-lum, we can deal with it, one post at a time.
Yepp, we like that, one at a time. LIKE A CERTAIN LAWN-MOWER MAN.

pibbur

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:07:07 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:22:57 GMT, Optician Dragon
><DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Get Free Agent. The only problem I have with it is, if you make a typo
>>(me!? Never!) and you click the mouse to delete the typo and start
>>retyping, you can never get caught up to where you were as all it will
>>do is overwrite what you've alredy written, so I leave a lot of my
>>typos in, unless I catch them immediately.
>
>Can't you toggle overwrite/insert with the "insert" button?
Let's try it. I'll make a booboo right there and go back to change the
word bubu to booboo.If not, it will appear without a space.Now to try
it. Ah it works!! Thanks! Now I cun type currektly.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:09:48 +0200, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:07:07 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:22:57 GMT, Optician Dragon
>> <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Get Free Agent. The only problem I have with it is, if you make a typo
>>> (me!? Never!) and you click the mouse to delete the typo and start
>>> retyping, you can never get caught up to where you were as all it will
>>> do is overwrite what you've alredy written, so I leave a lot of my
>>> typos in, unless I catch them immediately.
>>
>> Can't you toggle overwrite/insert with the "insert" button?
> Let's try it. I'll make a booboo right there and go back to change the
> word bubu to booboo.If not, it will appear without a space.Now to try
> it. Ah it works!! Thanks! Now I cun type currektly.
> -=UDIC=-

Can it also change 'color' to 'colour', 'favor' to 'favour' ..?

pibboo

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 04:46:11 GMT, pibbur
<oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:

>Can it also change 'color' to 'colour', 'favor' to 'favour' ..?

Time to take that keyboard back if it can. Defective.

--

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:08:03 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 04:46:11 GMT, pibbur
><oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>
>>Can it also change 'color' to 'colour', 'favor' to 'favour' ..?
>
>Time to take that keyboard back if it can. Defective.
Oh, Poly, you misspelled keybouard.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:03:22 GMT, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:08:03 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 04:46:11 GMT, pibbur
>><oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.000xx@tele2xx.xxno> wrote:
>>
>>>Can it also change 'color' to 'colour', 'favor' to 'favour' ..?
>>
>>Time to take that keyboard back if it can. Defective.
>Oh, Poly, you misspelled keybouard.
>-=UDIC=-
>Optician Dragon

But you misspelled your name Ouptician!

--

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:41:25 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:03:22 GMT, Optician Dragon
> <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:08:03 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Time to take that keyboard back if it can. Defective.
>> Oh, Poly, you misspelled keybouard.
>> -=UDIC=-
>> Optician Dragon
>
> But you misspelled your name Ouptician!

Och!

pibbur

Samurai wrote:
> Quoth Helgraf Dragon <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org>:
>
>>Your newsreader is probably still better than mine.
>

> It's probably better than mine, too. I'm on the cusp of dumping Super
> Gravity, which I've given a good trial run and which I still don't
> particularly like. It keeps failing to post, for one thing, which
> never happened with FreeAgent, sending to the same server.
>
> I'll give Xnews a try as well before I cave in and just buy Agent
> though, I think.

My reader's fine, actually. Thunderbird. Nice stuff. It's my server I'm
griping about. And my general lack of time.

-Lumina Dragon

Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Also, I seem to have occasional timeouts when I'm here. Not sure why,
>>but it further hampers my progress.
>

> timeout from where?

I think the newsserver. Next time it happens, I'll note down the error
message.

> Its alright, Lum-lum, we can deal with it, one post at a time.

Well, the backlog is lowering by about 100 a day. Net - gotta compensate
for new posts if you want to make headway.

-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
> My reader's fine, actually. Thunderbird. Nice stuff.

I tried it briefly when I started using Thunderbird for e-mail and
really, really didn't like it. No way to customise posts to different
newsgroups, poor signature handling, no uuencoding (that I could
find)... the list goes on.

I moved away from FreeAgent because it mysterious stopped working with
my PC, but now I've upgraded to XP, I'll probably try it again, once
I've given Xnews a whirl. I like Agent a lot, though, so I might well
end up paying for the full deal if I find nothing better.

> It's my server I'm griping about.

Moan at your ISP's news admin.

>And my general lack of time.

That affects us all, I'm afraid. :/
\^\^//

pibbur wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:41:25 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:03:22 GMT, Optician Dragon
>> <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> Oh, Poly, you misspelled keybouard.
>>> -=UDIC=-
>>> Optician Dragon
>>

>> But you misspelled your name Ouptician!
>>

> Och!

Ouch! (prounounced Ach)

> pibbur

pibbour, nout sou?

Samurai wrote:
> Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
>
>>My reader's fine, actually. Thunderbird. Nice stuff.
>

> I tried it briefly when I started using Thunderbird for e-mail and
> really, really didn't like it. No way to customise posts to different
> newsgroups, poor signature handling, no uuencoding (that I could
> find)... the list goes on.
>
> I moved away from FreeAgent because it mysterious stopped working with
> my PC, but now I've upgraded to XP, I'll probably try it again, once
> I've given Xnews a whirl. I like Agent a lot, though, so I might well
> end up paying for the full deal if I find nothing better.

It works for me - after all, I'd used Netscape's reader back when in
college, and this is very similar in interface.

I just wish I knew how to purge read messages when I was done with my
session. It's getting rather crowded in here. :)

>>It's my server I'm griping about.
>
> Moan at your ISP's news admin.

The newsserver isn't my ISP's.

>>And my general lack of time.
>
> That affects us all, I'm afraid. :/

Heh.

-Lumina Dragon

Helgraf Dragon wrote:
> pibbur wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:41:25 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> But you misspelled your name Ouptician!
>>
>> Och!
>
> Ouch! (prounounced Ach)
>
>> pibbur
>
> pibbour, nout sou?

And this is what is wrong with British English, It's trying to take over
words. Just can't be British without an imperialist streak.

-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
> Samurai wrote:
>> I moved away from FreeAgent because it mysterious stopped working
>> with my PC, but now I've upgraded to XP, I'll probably try it
>> again, once I've given Xnews a whirl. I like Agent a lot,
>> though, so I might well end up paying for the full deal if I
>> find nothing better.
>
> It works for me - after all, I'd used Netscape's reader back when
> in college, and this is very similar in interface.

Everyone has their own requirements, but I found Thunderbird lacked
too many options I'd become used to in Agent.

I'm actually posting from Xnews now and, while it's undoubtedly
better for me than Super Gravity, the UI still seems very clunky
compared to Agent. I'll wait and see what it's like saving posts
within newsgroup panes (something Gravity couldn't manage at all,
apparently) before making my final decision, though.

> I just wish I knew how to purge read messages when I was done with
> my session. It's getting rather crowded in here. :)

"Catch up with group" or something similar, probably.

>>>It's my server I'm griping about.
>>
>> Moan at your ISP's news admin.
>
> The newsserver isn't my ISP's.

Doesn't matter. You're using it, so you're a customer.
news@<domain> will probably still reach the Usenet admin.

>>>And my general lack of time.
>>
>> That affects us all, I'm afraid. :/
>
> Heh.

Sad, but true. I should be in bed, but I only got home half an hour
ago. :/

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
> And this is what is wrong with British English, It's trying to
> take over words. Just can't be British without an imperialist
> streak.

That's a bit rich, coming from someone in the USA. ;P~~

\^\^//

Samurai wrote:
> Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
>
>>And this is what is wrong with British English, It's trying to
>>take over words. Just can't be British without an imperialist
>>streak.
>

> That's a bit rich, coming from someone in the USA. ;P~~

You Brits own the Empire State Building. If that's not imperialist...

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Helgraf Dragon <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org>:
> You Brits own the Empire State Building. If that's not
> imperialist...

Why would it be? It's called the Empire State Building because it's in
the Empire State. Which is American. ;)

\^\^//

Samurai wrote:
> Quoth Helgraf Dragon <helgraf@ultima-dragons.org>:
>
>>You Brits own the Empire State Building. If that's not
>>imperialist...
>

> Why would it be? It's called the Empire State Building because it's in
> the Empire State. Which is American. ;)

Yer bloody Brits own more of America than any other foreign country. I
can tell when there's backseat Imperialism going on. You just do it
with money these days. ;)