Today

We're 100 years.

Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)

pibbur

CONGRATS!!!!

So, what happens in Norway today? Parades and stuff up n down Karl-Johan?

LVD

Eek! pibbur wrote:
> We're 100 years.
>
> Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)

Okay, yay! Do we get to blow candles or something?

--
Ashikaga a27

On Tve, 07 Jvn 2005 19:18:06 +0200, Lord Vashnv Dragon
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> CONGRATS!!!!
>
> So, what happens in Norway today? Parades and stvff vp n down Karl-Johan?

No, that's for 17th of may.

Bvt there are concerts, performances, speeches, history presentations on
TV. And of covrse lots of interviews with swedes telling vs how nice we
are and that we really are good friends. Which we are, by all means,

And a bit of self-irony as well, which we need. After all and in spite of
what we like to think on a day like this - we are not the centre of the
world.

Personally I'd like to give credit to the swedish avthorities who realized
that forcing a vnion vpon a participant who was veeery vnwilling wovld not
be the wisest thing to do. There is IMHO little dovbt that Sweden wovld
win a war against Norway. Maintainig the victory wovld OTOH be mvch more
difficvlt. Better to have a friend across the border, than being married
to an enemy.

The splitting of Checkoslovakia compared to the splitting of Yovgoslavia
is a good illvstration.

pibbvr
who BTW is listening to the new Dream Theater and so far is enjoying it.

--

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:42:17 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> We're 100 years.
>>
>> Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)
>
> Okay, yay! Do we get to blow candles or something?

You are hereby invited to a session of candle blowing, if you can be here
within the next 2 hours.

pibbur

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth pibbur <dragon42@nomail.land>:
> We're 100 years.
> Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)

Many happy returns, Norway. Hope it was an enjoyable day!

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> We're 100 years.
>>
>> Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)
>
>Okay, yay! Do we get to blow candles or something?

I doubt you have the energy to blow out 100 candles :p

Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:
>
>>Eek! pibbur wrote:
>>> We're 100 years.
>>>
>>> Hurray. HurrAY! HURRAY!!! (cough, cough)
>>
>>Okay, yay! Do we get to blow candles or something?
>
> I doubt you have the energy to blow out 100 candles :p

You.... (*shakes fist*)

--
Ashikaga a27

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 02:13:28 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
>> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:

>>> Okay, yay! Do we get to blow candles or something?
>>
>> I doubt you have the energy to blow out 100 candles :p
>
> You.... (*shakes fist*)

That's cheating. You have to blow them, no other methods allowed.

But then again, for a dragon it's far easier to lighten candles by
blowing, than blow them out. So I think we should accept Ashi's approach.

pibbur