Word for Windows 6.0

I have just moved up from 98SE to XP. I cannot open any of the doc.s I
created in Wordpad. Any help gratefully received.
Martynz

"Martyn Howells" <martyngh@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> I have just moved up from 98SE to XP. I cannot open any of the doc.s
> I created in Wordpad.

See if this article applies.
"Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service
Pack 2" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090/en-us

--
d-d

WordPad is part of Windows XP, but if you used WORD 6.0 and
saved your files in .doc format and you're trying to open
the files with a double click on the file, you need to
establish a file association. You can also install
OFFICE/WORD.

Right click one of the files and select "open with" and
select WordPad (do not click "always use" yet) and make sure
that the file open correctly. If it does, then right click
again and select "open with" setting "always use" as
default.

some support

"Martyn Howells" <martyngh@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
|I have just moved up from 98SE to XP. I cannot open any of
the doc.s I
| created in Wordpad. Any help gratefully received.
| Martynz

Martyn Howells <martyngh@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Unclear wording in that article. It says :
> 2. Locate then click one of the following registry subkeys........
> Does it mean either or both?

Most likely, you'll find just one of these subkeys on your computer.
However, it's no problem to create the missing subkey and DWORD
according to that article. For instance, create the second subkey
and DWORD also if this change shall apply system wide.

--
d-d