Printer - Page size problem in Outlook Express

My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express messages
with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the printer
software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get several
pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched but
am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA

Pete Pendleton
9 answers Last reply
More about printer page size problem outlook express

    OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page setup
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    F&COMAN wrote:
    > My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
    > messages
    > with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
    > printer
    > software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get several
    > pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
    > but
    > am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
    >
    > Pete Pendleton

    Hi Robert

    No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from 12.7
    at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
    12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
    There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood or
    is there something else?

    Thanks for the advice.

    PeterP
    > OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
    > setup
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > F&COMAN wrote:
    >> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
    >> messages
    >> with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
    >> printer
    >> software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get
    >> several
    >> pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
    >> but
    >> am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
    >>
    >> Pete Pendleton

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Do IE pages print this way, too?

    I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for greater
    exposure.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    F&COMAN wrote:
    > No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
    > 12.7
    > at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
    > 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
    > There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
    > or
    > is there something else?
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > PeterP
    >> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
    >> setup
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >> F&COMAN wrote:
    >>> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
    >>> messages
    >>> with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
    >>> printer
    >>> software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get
    >>> several
    >>> pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
    >>> but
    >>> am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
    >>>
    >>> Pete Pendleton
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hi Robert

    No. I can copy/paste into Word, Notepad etc and the page prints perfectly.
    In the Print Preview screen in OE the page - as distinct from the print
    copy - appears narrow whilst the page appearance in Word etc looks to be the
    normal size. All very frustrating.

    PeteP
    > Do IE pages print this way, too?
    >
    > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
    > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
    > greater exposure.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    >
    > F&COMAN wrote:
    >> No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
    >> 12.7
    >> at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
    >> 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
    >> There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
    >> or
    >> is there something else?
    >>
    >> Thanks for the advice.
    >>
    >> PeterP
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
    >>> setup
    >>> --
    >>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Hi Robear

    They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.

    PeterP

    "F&COMAN" <peter.pendleton@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
    > messages with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling
    > the printer software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I
    > get several pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I
    > have searched but am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
    >
    > Pete Pendleton

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hi Robear

    They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.

    PeterP
    > Do IE pages print this way, too?
    >
    > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
    > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
    > greater exposure.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    >
    > F&COMAN wrote:
    >> No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
    >> 12.7
    >> at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
    >> 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
    >> There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
    >> or
    >> is there something else?
    >>
    >> Thanks for the advice.
    >>
    >> PeterP
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
    >>> setup
    >>> --
    >>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    IE File > Page set-up > Margins > Does this heading display setting in
    'inches' or 'millimeters'? Have you selected the proper setting in Size and
    Source?

    Is this a sudden, new problem or one of longstanding? IOW have you ever
    been able to print from OE or IE properly before? ...using this Epson C66
    printer?
    --

    F&COMAN wrote:
    > Hi Robear
    >
    > They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.
    >
    > PeterP
    > > Do IE pages print this way, too?
    > >
    > > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
    > > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
    > > greater exposure.
    > > --
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > >
    > > F&COMAN wrote:
    > > > No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7
    > > > from 12.7
    > > > at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am
    > > > back to 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long
    > > > and
    > > > thin. There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I
    > > > mis-understood or
    > > > is there something else?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for the advice.
    > > >
    > > > PeterP
    > > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hi Robear

    Problem solved but how I do not know. I uninstalled and manually checked
    and deleted all residues and then reinstalled. In answer to your questions
    the C66 had functioned perfectly up to a fortnight ago and then went on the
    blink in OE. Ah well all's well that ends well......

    Thanks again for your help.

    PeterP
    > IE File > Page set-up > Margins > Does this heading display setting in
    > 'inches' or 'millimeters'? Have you selected the proper setting in Size
    > and Source?
    >
    > Is this a sudden, new problem or one of longstanding? IOW have you ever
    > been able to print from OE or IE properly before? ...using this Epson C66
    > printer?
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > F&COMAN wrote:
    >> Hi Robear
    >>
    >> They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.
    >>
    >> PeterP
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Do IE pages print this way, too?
    >> >
    >> > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
    >> > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
    >> > greater exposure.
    >> > --
    >> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Uninstalled/reinstalled what, the printer?

    YW. This was indeed a very odd bug.
    --
    ~PA Bear

Outlook Express Printers Windows XP