Printer - Page size problem in Outlook Express

June 13, 2005 1:23:27 PM

My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express messages
with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the printer
software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get several
pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched but
am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA

Pete Pendleton
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:42:40 AM

OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page setup
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

F&COMAN wrote:
> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
> messages
> with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
> printer
> software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get several
> pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
> but
> am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
>
> Pete Pendleton
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:02:45 PM

Hi Robert

No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from 12.7
at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood or
is there something else?

Thanks for the advice.

PeterP
news:o hFRkJIcFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
> setup
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> F&COMAN wrote:
>> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
>> messages
>> with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
>> printer
>> software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get
>> several
>> pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
>> but
>> am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
>>
>> Pete Pendleton

June 15, 2005 12:27:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Do IE pages print this way, too?

I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for greater
exposure.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

F&COMAN wrote:
> No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
> 12.7
> at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
> 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
> There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
> or
> is there something else?
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> PeterP
> news:o hFRkJIcFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
>> setup
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> F&COMAN wrote:
>>> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
>>> messages
>>> with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling the
>>> printer
>>> software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I get
>>> several
>>> pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I have searched
>>> but
>>> am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
>>>
>>> Pete Pendleton
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 8:00:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hi Robert

No. I can copy/paste into Word, Notepad etc and the page prints perfectly.
In the Print Preview screen in OE the page - as distinct from the print
copy - appears narrow whilst the page appearance in Word etc looks to be the
normal size. All very frustrating.

PeteP
> Do IE pages print this way, too?
>
> I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
> greater exposure.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> F&COMAN wrote:
>> No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
>> 12.7
>> at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
>> 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
>> There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
>> or
>> is there something else?
>>
>> Thanks for the advice.
>>
>> PeterP
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o hFRkJIcFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
>>> setup
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:12:58 PM

Hi Robear

They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.

PeterP

"F&COMAN" <peter.pendleton@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 8jjae$4ga$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> My Epson C66 printer has decided to print pages in Outlook Express
> messages with a text wrap/page size at about three inches. Reinstalling
> the printer software and XP Home edition has had no effect. In practice I
> get several pages of print rather than the one page it should take. I
> have searched but am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help pl. TIA
>
> Pete Pendleton

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:09:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hi Robear

They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.

PeterP
> Do IE pages print this way, too?
>
> I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
> greater exposure.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> F&COMAN wrote:
>> No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7 from
>> 12.7
>> at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am back to
>> 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long and thin.
>> There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I mis-understood
>> or
>> is there something else?
>>
>> Thanks for the advice.
>>
>> PeterP
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o hFRkJIcFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> OE users the IE print engine. Adjust your margins at IE: File > Page
>>> setup
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:52:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

IE File > Page set-up > Margins > Does this heading display setting in
'inches' or 'millimeters'? Have you selected the proper setting in Size and
Source?

Is this a sudden, new problem or one of longstanding? IOW have you ever
been able to print from OE or IE properly before? ...using this Epson C66
printer?
--

F&COMAN wrote:
> Hi Robear
>
> They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.
>
> PeterP
> > Do IE pages print this way, too?
> >
> > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
> > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
> > greater exposure.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> >
> > F&COMAN wrote:
> > > No joy I am afraid. I adjusted margins down to 5.7 and up to 25.7
> > > from 12.7
> > > at which they were set but I still get the narrow printout. I am
> > > back to 12.7. The preview shows the page - not the margins - as long
> > > and
> > > thin. There is no problem printing in Word or otherwise. Have I
> > > mis-understood or
> > > is there something else?
> > >
> > > Thanks for the advice.
> > >
> > > PeterP
> > > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:o hFRkJIcFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:56:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hi Robear

Problem solved but how I do not know. I uninstalled and manually checked
and deleted all residues and then reinstalled. In answer to your questions
the C66 had functioned perfectly up to a fortnight ago and then went on the
blink in OE. Ah well all's well that ends well......

Thanks again for your help.

PeterP
> IE File > Page set-up > Margins > Does this heading display setting in
> 'inches' or 'millimeters'? Have you selected the proper setting in Size
> and Source?
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem or one of longstanding? IOW have you ever
> been able to print from OE or IE properly before? ...using this Epson C66
> printer?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> F&COMAN wrote:
>> Hi Robear
>>
>> They also print narrow and appear narrow on the print preview screen.
>>
>> PeterP
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Do IE pages print this way, too?
>> >
>> > I'm crossposting my reply to this Print/Fax-specific newsgroup:
>> > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax for
>> > greater exposure.
>> > --
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:35:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Uninstalled/reinstalled what, the printer?

YW. This was indeed a very odd bug.
--
~PA Bear

!