Files not showing - hidden

June 13, 2005 1:29:40 PM

My Norton keeps finding an ocx file in my
c:/Documents and Settings /JoeSeadog/localsetting/temporary internet
files/content.ie5
folder and it says it is a threat.
However, when I go to that folder I only show a couple cookie files and
nothing else. When I right click the folder for PROPERTIES I show 1454
files in 14 folders. I have no + beside the foler and cannot seem to
open it. How do I get in there to delete the file, and well as clean up
those temporary internet files.
I'm a pretty experienced used and can find no setting to change to show
this content.ie5 file

Any Help out there?

More about : files showing hidden

June 13, 2005 1:50:39 PM

I would try going into DOS mode and then performing an "attrib" command
with -h & -s switches on the folder and files.

"Joe Seadog" <JoeSeadog@fan.net> wrote in message
> My Norton keeps finding an ocx file in my
> c:/Documents and Settings /JoeSeadog/localsetting/temporary internet
> files/content.ie5
> folder and it says it is a threat.
> However, when I go to that folder I only show a couple cookie files and
> nothing else. When I right click the folder for PROPERTIES I show 1454
> files in 14 folders. I have no + beside the foler and cannot seem to
> open it. How do I get in there to delete the file, and well as clean up
> those temporary internet files.
> I'm a pretty experienced used and can find no setting to change to show
> this content.ie5 file
>
> Any Help out there?
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:40:25 PM

I'm not confident enough to do that myself, but I have a guru who could
try it. Thanks.
Anyone else have other suggestions before I do this?
JimC wrote:
> I would try going into DOS mode and then performing an "attrib" command
> with -h & -s switches on the folder and files.
>

> "Joe Seadog" <JoeSeadog@fan.net> wrote in message
>
>>My Norton keeps finding an ocx file in my
>>c:/Documents and Settings /JoeSeadog/localsetting/temporary internet
>>files/content.ie5
>>folder and it says it is a threat.
>>However, when I go to that folder I only show a couple cookie files and
>>nothing else. When I right click the folder for PROPERTIES I show 1454
>>files in 14 folders. I have no + beside the foler and cannot seem to
>>open it. How do I get in there to delete the file, and well as clean up
>>those temporary internet files.
>>I'm a pretty experienced used and can find no setting to change to show
>>this content.ie5 file
>>
>>Any Help out there?

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:45:23 PM

Joe Seadog wrote:
> I'm not confident enough to do that myself, but I have a guru who
> could try it. Thanks.
> Anyone else have other suggestions before I do this?

Double click on My computer.

Select Tools then Folder Options

Click on the VIEW tab

Under Hidden files and folders click on "Show hidden files and folders"

Click on Apply to All Folders (at the top)
Click on OK (at the bottom)

That may be enough to show the files you want to view, however, if they are
still invisible

Also Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"

You will get a warning message - click on OK

(if you can now see the files - do what you want to do and then go back and
hide the protected files again).

Don't forget to click on the Apply to all folders button before clicking on
OK.

Good luck,

John.
!