I'm sharing my play list

So this is the list of the final songs that made into my CD for English Mix
v2.0 (I have J-Pops, so this CD is all English songs, hence the name,
doesn't mean the songs are England in origin):

1. Lovin' You (Minnie Riperton)
2. My Foolish Heart (Astrud Gilberto version)
3. Just the Way You Are (Billy Joel)
4. You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
5. Ribbon in the Sky (Stevie Wonder)
6. Mercy Mercy Me (Marvin Gaye)
7. Prison Food (Ben Folds)
8. Third World Girl (Marvin Gaye; Reggae version)
9. Transatlanticism (Death Cab for Cutie)
10. Piano Man (Billy Joel)
11. Clique Games/Rick James (Marvin Gaye; the original version of Midnight
Lady)
12. I Bet You Wonder (Marvin Gaye; the org. ver. of Rockin' After Midnight)
13. You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker)
14. How Am I suppose to Live Without You (Michael Bolton)
15. She's Always A Woman (Billy Joel)
16. Oh Girl (Chi-Lites)
17. It's Only Love That Gets You Through (Sade)
18. Moon River Cha Cha (Henry Mancini; instrumental)

Okay, I admit there are quite a few easy listening songs. A lot of good
songs I do not include them in this CD because they don't mix in with other
tracks. Similarly, some somewhat inferior songs that made to the list,
because they create a good transition between songs.

I hope this CD is good enough for a few months. I usually fine-tune my
special mixes several times before I am okay with it (adds new songs and
then rearrange the order). Feel free to make your own CDs if my songs on
this list inspired you to try something different.

--
Ashikaga a27

Ashikaga wrote:

> I hope this CD is good enough for a few months.

Wow, one cd with 18 songs lasts a few months? I've got a playlist of over
5000 songs and find it somewhat repetitive at times.

--
Cape Dweller Dragon
Remember, I've got a debt to pay. It's about quantity, not quality.

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Cape Dweller <usenet@ciotog.net>:
> Wow, one cd with 18 songs lasts a few months? I've got a playlist
> of over 5000 songs and find it somewhat repetitive at times.

Depends how often one listens to music, I suppose. I have my mp3
jukebox running less than a quarter of the time I actually sit at this
computer. Others might do so even less frequently. :)

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Samurai wrote:

> Depends how often one listens to music, I suppose. I have my mp3 jukebox
> running less than a quarter of the time I actually sit at this computer.
> Others might do so even less frequently. :)

Well, others are silly! :)

--

Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>So this is the list of the final songs that made into my CD for English Mix
>v2.0 (I have J-Pops, so this CD is all English songs, hence the name,
>doesn't mean the songs are England in origin):

Strikes me all as rather mellow and well, face it ... boring :)

But de gustibus non disputandum ...

Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:
>
>>So this is the list of the final songs that made into my CD for English Mix
>>v2.0 (I have J-Pops, so this CD is all English songs, hence the name,
>>doesn't mean the songs are England in origin):
>
> Strikes me all as rather mellow and well, face it ... boring :)

Because I am a senior citizen. I like stuff that's less noisy. If I'm
posting my classical music CD in here, I bet you would find that even more
boring. Lots of the classicals I like (mostly Romanticism and Late
Romanticism) do try people's patience very much....

> But de gustibus non disputandum ...

English please.

--
Ashikaga a27

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:42:27 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
>> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:
>>
>>> So this is the list of the final songs that made into my CD for
>>> English Mix
>>> v2.0 (I have J-Pops, so this CD is all English songs, hence the name,
>>> doesn't mean the songs are England in origin):
>>
>> Strikes me all as rather mellow and well, face it ... boring :)
>
> Because I am a senior citizen. I like stuff that's less noisy.

What about me, then? I'm an even more senior citizen, and to me it can't
get noisy enough (OK, that's exaggregating a bit.) :)

> If I'm
> posting my classical music CD in here, I bet you would find that even
> more
> boring. Lots of the classicals I like (mostly Romanticism and Late
> Romanticism) do try people's patience very much....

I also listen to classical music, mainly from the 20th century,
Sttravisnkij, Holst, Orff and Bartok.

>> But de gustibus non disputandum ...
>
> English please.

Taste can't be disputed, It's latin.

pibbur

Eek! pibbur wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>> Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:

>>> Strikes me all as rather mellow and well, face it ... boring :)
>>
>> Because I am a senior citizen. I like stuff that's less noisy.
>
> What about me, then? I'm an even more senior citizen, and to me it can't
> get noisy enough (OK, that's exaggregating a bit.) :)

Get a dog then. :p

>> If I'm
>> posting my classical music CD in here, I bet you would find that even
>> more
>> boring. Lots of the classicals I like (mostly Romanticism and Late
>> Romanticism) do try people's patience very much....
>>
> I also listen to classical music, mainly from the 20th century,
> Sttravisnkij, Holst, Orff and Bartok.

Ah, our taste vary very much then. I like Chopin, Franck, Rachmaninov,
Schubert, etc..

>>> But de gustibus non disputandum ...
>>
>> English please.
>
> Taste can't be disputed, It's latin.

Ah. I think it's one of those phrases of philosophy. I think my brother
has mentioned it to me before (he is a Philosophy major)

--
Ashikaga a27

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:25:51 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
....>>>
>>> Because I am a senior citizen. I like stuff that's less noisy.
>>
>> What about me, then? I'm an even more senior citizen, and to me it can't
>> get noisy enough (OK, that's exaggregating a bit.) :)
>
> Get a dog then. :p
3 possible replies:

1. I'll turn up my subwoofer instead (what a lame joke, my all-time
bottom, I think).....
2. I have dog, it's on the Pink Floyd album "Meddle", the track is called
"Seamus".
3. With my cat's attitud towards any other four-legged creature, getting a
dog would definitely increase the noise.

....>>>
>> I also listen to classical music, mainly from the 20th century,
>> Sttravisnkij, Holst, Orff and Bartok.
>
> Ah, our taste vary very much then. I like Chopin, Franck, Rachmaninov,
> Schubert, etc..

Rachmaninov isn't too bad.

....>

pibbur

Eek! pibbur wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>> Eek! pibbur wrote:
<snip>
>>> What about me, then? I'm an even more senior citizen, and to me it can't
>>> get noisy enough (OK, that's exaggregating a bit.) :)
>>
>> Get a dog then. :p
> 3 possible replies:
>
> 1. I'll turn up my subwoofer instead (what a lame joke, my all-time
> bottom, I think).....
> 2. I have dog, it's on the Pink Floyd album "Meddle", the track is called
> "Seamus".
> 3. With my cat's attitud towards any other four-legged creature, getting a
> dog would definitely increase the noise.

(*groans, groans, and then groans*)

As for the third one..., I thought you like noises???

> ...>>>
>>> I also listen to classical music, mainly from the 20th century,
>>> Sttravisnkij, Holst, Orff and Bartok.
>>
>> Ah, our taste vary very much then. I like Chopin, Franck, Rachmaninov,
>> Schubert, etc..
>
> Rachmaninov isn't too bad.
>
> ...>

I like his Concerto No. 2. Very popular Rachmaninov piece.

--
Ashikaga a27

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:03:22 +0200, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eek! pibbur wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>> Eek! pibbur wrote:
> <snip>
>>>
>>> Get a dog then. :p
>> 3 possible replies:
>>
>> 1. I'll turn up my subwoofer instead (what a lame joke, my all-time
>> bottom, I think).....
>> 2. I have dog, it's on the Pink Floyd album "Meddle", the track is
>> called
>> "Seamus".
>> 3. With my cat's attitud towards any other four-legged creature,
>> getting a
>> dog would definitely increase the noise.
>
> (*groans, groans, and then groans*)
>
> As for the third one..., I thought you like noises???

If a guitar sounds like a cat-and-dog fight, that's OK. But when the sound
comes from living things fighting, that's another matter.

pibbur