Change back a window

I have been trying different things in XP Pro and I changed my log out and
login windows. Now at the very top of the login/log out windows, are the
text messages that tell me what is happening. How do I turn those back off.

Also is there a way to stop notifications from poping up.

Thanks
--
FL Consultant

Verbose messages?

Show Verbose Security Status Messages (Windows 2000/XP) at Registry Guide
for Windows:

Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"FL Consultant" <FLConsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying different things in XP Pro and I changed my log out and
> login windows. Now at the very top of the login/log out windows, are the
> text messages that tell me what is happening. How do I turn those back
> off.
>
> Also is there a way to stop notifications from poping up.
>
> Thanks
> --
> FL Consultant

I did not change the registery for them to appear. Why do I have to now
change the registery to remove them. There must be an easier way to remove
them.

I was messing with the Utility manager. Could that have caused the
information to appear for users that can not hear?

Thanks
--
FL Consultant

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Verbose messages?
>
> Show Verbose Security Status Messages (Windows 2000/XP) at Registry Guide
> for Windows:
> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1136/
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>
> "FL Consultant" <FLConsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying different things in XP Pro and I changed my log out and
> > login windows. Now at the very top of the login/log out windows, are the
> > text messages that tell me what is happening. How do I turn those back
> > off.
> >
> > Also is there a way to stop notifications from poping up.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > FL Consultant

Malke

FL Consultant wrote:

> I did not change the registery for them to appear. Why do I have to
> now
> change the registery to remove them. There must be an easier way to
> remove them.
>
> I was messing with the Utility manager. Could that have caused the
> information to appear for users that can not hear?
>
> Thanks

I think you mean the Accessibility applet in Control Panel. And yes, I
think you've turned on some Accessibility Options. Go back to that
applet in Control Panel and disable the Accessibility Options.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Unfortunately that did not fix what I want to change. Any other suggestions.

Thanks
--
FL Consultant

"Malke" wrote:

> FL Consultant wrote:
>
> > I did not change the registery for them to appear. Why do I have to
> > now
> > change the registery to remove them. There must be an easier way to
> > remove them.
> >
> > I was messing with the Utility manager. Could that have caused the
> > information to appear for users that can not hear?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I think you mean the Accessibility applet in Control Panel. And yes, I
> think you've turned on some Accessibility Options. Go back to that
> applet in Control Panel and disable the Accessibility Options.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

FL Consultant wrote:

> Unfortunately that did not fix what I want to change. Any other
> suggestions.
>
> Thanks

Not without a better description from you as to what you did. You've
gotten lots of answers and since none of them apparently addresses the
problem, we must not have a clear picture of what you did and what you
want.

An easy way to fix this if the change is recent is to simply do a System
Restore to a date before you made the changes.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

What is "Utility manager"?

--

>I did not change the registery for them to appear. Why do I have to now
> change the registery to remove them. There must be an easier way to
> remove
> them.
>
> I was messing with the Utility manager. Could that have caused the
> information to appear for users that can not hear?
>
> Thanks
> --
> FL Consultant
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Verbose messages?
>>
>> Show Verbose Security Status Messages (Windows 2000/XP) at Registry Guide
>> for Windows:
>> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1136/
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>
>> "FL Consultant" <FLConsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been trying different things in XP Pro and I changed my log out
>> >and
>> > login windows. Now at the very top of the login/log out windows, are
>> > the
>> > text messages that tell me what is happening. How do I turn those back
>> > off.
>> >
>> > Also is there a way to stop notifications from poping up.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > FL Consultant

Press Winkey+U