java applet

when i reformatted i downloaded sun java ... it worked for a while but then i
kept getting errors in notepad form on my desktop ... now when i try to enter
a games room it gets to where it would load applet then it justs dissapears
..... please help
2 answers Last reply
More about java applet

    Hi,

    "ms_spiderbait" <ms_spiderbait@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i reformatted i downloaded sun java ... it worked for a while but
    then i
    > kept getting errors in notepad form on my desktop ... now when i try to
    enter
    > a games room it gets to where it would load applet then it justs
    dissapears
    > .... please help

    Step B in this list should be the exact solution you need. :-)

    Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine.
    The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install,
    upgrade,
    or reinstall the right one for the game site you're playing on.

    A. For Zone.com games: Zone.com are converting most of their games for
    Flash
    to avoid the conflicts between the Sun Java system and Microsoft's Virtual
    Machine.
    Install Flash from:
    http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml

    B. Most other game sites still use Java. You can install Java and find
    more help
    tips at this webpage: http://java.com/en/download/help/pogo.jsp

    C. If the online game still won't load, or gives you errors, try these
    steps:

    1. Click START / Control Panel / Internet Options and click on the Advanced
    Tab.

    2. Below HTTP 1.1 is the Sun Java/ Microsoft VM section: Make sure all
    Java choices
    are unchecked (especially JIT) and then press [OK]. You may be prompted
    to reboot.

    3. If you don't see a Microsoft VM section then download Microsoft Virtual
    Machine for:
    Windows 98 / Me / NT / XP from:
    http://www.abxair.com/software/msjavx86.exe

    4. After you download Java, double-click the file to install it, reboot and
    then follow
    the directions in Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other
    advanced options.

    * Whenever you get a Java Virtual Machine Security Update from Windows
    Update, you
    will have to follow Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other
    adv. options again.

    6. If the problem persists Adjust Your browser settings using this basic
    example:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

    7. Try these suggestions for Zone's Java Games:
    http://classic.zone.msn.com/zzzz/help/helpjavagames.asp

    8. Maybe it's a software conflict: Make certain that your Firewall or
    Antivirus program is
    not configured to block Java Applets. Norton's products for example
    have that option.
    If you're unsure temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time,
    starting with Firewall,
    Antivirus & AdBlockers using: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796
    or this utility: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    9. If you have a Coffee Cup icon in your system tray (next to the time) you
    might have a
    conflict between MS VM and Java: Uninstall Java using Control Panel /
    Remove Programs.

    10. Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java
    topics relevant to
    that site. There is usually an email or a (non Java) help chat
    available as well. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
    Contact

    Try here: http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html

    "ms_spiderbait" <ms_spiderbait@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i reformatted i downloaded sun java ... it worked for a while but
    > then i
    > kept getting errors in notepad form on my desktop ... now when i try to
    > enter
    > a games room it gets to where it would load applet then it justs
    > dissapears
    > .... please help

Java Games Microsoft Video Games