Access Mode MN-700 Can't get in now.

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

I am using a MN-700 wireless base in access point mode to allow
wireless access to my Win98SE machines via a dial up connection using
ICS. In setting up my network I was able to access the base management
screen with no problem via IP address 192.168.2.1 before switching it
to access mode. I assigned the MN-700 a name as per instructions. Now
I can not access it via the name I assigned it. I am using IE6 and get
a not found message when I try the name I assigned to it. Everything
else in the network works fine. Internet and all the machines show up.
I tried running the MSBNdowload software and it finds the MN-700 OK
and tells me it doesn't need a update. How can I find this thing?
Network resources shows nothing and I have tried everything to get
back into the MN-700. I sure don't want to reset the box since
everything is working fine. But I would like to be able to get back in
there if I need to change channels or something. BTW I have tried both
the ethernet side and the wireless side to find it. Is there any
untility to probe around and find what IP is assigned to it. The way I
understand it since I have ICS enabled, it will use DHCP to assign it
a address.

Billy

How are you typing in the name in IE?

--