Alright so I have a folder on my D drive that used to have a few gigs of
multimedia. A few seasons of TV shows, about 10 gigs if I remember
correctly.

I didn't access the folder for a few months, and now just few days ago
when I tried to, I noticed something weird:

Whenver I'd try to do anything with the folder, it takes uncommonly
long. Like even when I'd just click it, it takes time until it
'activates'. Then when I double-click it to view what's in it, it shows
no objects. No hidden objects either. But still there's 10+ gigs there
somewhere, because I should have a lot more free space on that drive.

And when I try to delete it, it says "the folder is not empty" or
something to that effect. So I can't do anything with it, and my other
drive is now 10 gigs smaller.

Any ideas? I just want it removed now.

--
porkpiehat

porkpiehat <porkpiehat.1qkbpn@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>And when I try to delete it, it says "the folder is not empty" or
>something to that effect. So I can't do anything with it, and my other
>drive is now 10 gigs smaller.

Try to delete the data from the Safe Mode. Also check the HDD for
errors.
"How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315265)
"A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233