Journalism schools entrance exams, here I come !

Wish me good luck. I'm leaving
tomorrow and will be going through one hell of a week, likely
for nothing, but it's worth a try. If I can escape becoming
a civil servant or politician by turning into a journalist,
it's worth it anyway.

See you guys on saturday !

-Moa Dragon

--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
497 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wish me good luck. I'm leaving
> tomorrow and will be going through one hell of a week, likely
> for nothing, but it's worth a try. If I can escape becoming
> a civil servant or politician by turning into a journalist,
> it's worth it anyway.
>
> See you guys on saturday !

What kinds of tests are these... and how come it takes a week?

(Asked by someone who doesn't know anything about becoming a journalist in
general, and even less about the way things work in North America)

Ooh, and good luck!!

LVD

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:10:57 +0200, Mils Michael <mickmils@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Wish me good luck. I'm leaving
> tomorrow and will be going through one hell of a week, likely
> for nothing, but it's worth a try. If I can escape becoming
> a civil servant or politician by turning into a journalist,
> it's worth it anyway.
>
> See you guys on saturday !
>
> -Moa Dragon

best wishes.

pibbur

Words to the wise, "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Wish me good luck. I'm leaving
>tomorrow and will be going through one hell of a week, likely
>for nothing, but it's worth a try. If I can escape becoming
>a civil servant or politician by turning into a journalist,
>it's worth it anyway.
>
>See you guys on saturday !

Good luck, Moa :)

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth "J. P. Morris" <jpm@it-he.org>:
> Samurai wrote:

>> Journalists are the guardians of democracy. When we do it right.
>> :)
>
> And when you do it wrong...?

We work for the Daily Mail. :D

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On 14 Jun 2005 00:53:23 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth "J. P. Morris" <jpm@it-he.org>:
>> Samurai wrote:
>
>>> Journalists are the guardians of democracy. When we do it right.
>>> :)
>>
>> And when you do it wrong...?
>
>We work for the Daily Mail. :D
Where I grew up we had The Gazette (morning paper ) and The Daily Mail
(afternoon paper). Now where I live, we get the Herald-Dispatch ,a.k.a
The Herald-Disgrace. All are owned by Gannett.The photo and general
print quality is far superior in the other papers, you can read even
small pica size print and the registration is always spot-on, not like
the Disgrace, where many people end up with four eyes with
registration off by four mm, and regular type is smeary.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net>:
> Where I grew up we had The Gazette (morning paper ) and The Daily
> Mail (afternoon paper). Now where I live, we get the
> Herald-Dispatch ,a.k.a The Herald-Disgrace. All are owned by
> Gannett.The photo and general print quality is far superior in the
> other papers, you can read even small pica size print and the
> registration is always spot-on, not like the Disgrace, where many
> people end up with four eyes with registration off by four mm, and
> regular type is smeary.

Gannett is, joy of joys, the parent company of my newspaper's
publisher. Their presses -- like most others, really, vary in
quality considerably.

Even more variables might be brought into the equation by how
important the printers think your run is. If you're the press owner
or a big external account, your print-quality is likely to be checked
more frequently during the run than otherwise. <:)

\^\^//

Samurai wrote:

> Quoth "J. P. Morris" <jpm@it-he.org>:
>> Samurai wrote:
>
>>> Journalists are the guardians of democracy. When we do it right.
>>> :)
>>
>> And when you do it wrong...?
>
> We work for the Daily Mail. :D

Ah, I see...

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

Samurai wrote:

> Journalists are the guardians of democracy. When we do it right. :)

So how's the democracy over there, Sammy?

.... ... ...

I see. Obviously you're not doing it right.

-Lumina Dragon

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
> Samurai wrote:
> So how's the democracy over there, Sammy?
>
> ... ... ...
>
> I see. Obviously you're not doing it right.

Ours isn't perfect by any means, but it remains better than what the
Americans rather amusingly call democracy, thanks. :)

\^\^//

On 18 Jun 2005 22:33:46 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
>> Samurai wrote:
>> So how's the democracy over there, Sammy?
>>
>> ... ... ...
>>
>> I see. Obviously you're not doing it right.
>
>Ours isn't perfect by any means, but it remains better than what the
>Americans rather amusingly call democracy, thanks. :)
Yeah, if we really want a democracy, we'll have to outlaw Republicans.
:p
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

Optician Dragon wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2005 22:33:46 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:
>

>>Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
>>
>>>Samurai wrote:

>>>So how's the democracy over there, Sammy?
>>>
>>>... ... ...
>>>
>>>I see. Obviously you're not doing it right.
>>
>>Ours isn't perfect by any means, but it remains better than what the
>>Americans rather amusingly call democracy, thanks. :)
>
> Yeah, if we really want a democracy, we'll have to outlaw Republicans.
> :p

And the Democrats. And everyone else with a political affiliation.

-thehawk

Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
> Samurai wrote:
>>Quoth Lumina Dragon:
>>> Samurai wrote:
>>> So how's the democracy over there, Sammy?
>>>
>>> ... ... ...
>>>
>>> I see. Obviously you're not doing it right.
>>
>>Ours isn't perfect by any means, but it remains better than what the
>>Americans rather amusingly call democracy, thanks. :)
> Yeah, if we really want a democracy, we'll have to outlaw Republicans.
> :p

Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush ruined it and
now the reputation has been tarnished forever.

--
Ashikaga a27

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
> Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush
> ruined it and now the reputation has been tarnished forever.

It was members of that self-same party who voted for him in the
primaries. They must now bear the judgement of history. >:)

\^\^//

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:50:58 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
>> Samurai wrote:
>>>Quoth Lumina Dragon:

>>>Ours isn't perfect by any means, but it remains better than what the
>>>Americans rather amusingly call democracy, thanks. :)
>> Yeah, if we really want a democracy, we'll have to outlaw Republicans.
>> :p
>
>Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush ruined it and
>now the reputation has been tarnished forever.
No, my pun was to have a Democracy, you need only Democrats, otherwise
you get a Republic, like China.

On 19 Jun 2005 11:06:08 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>:
>> Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush
>> ruined it and now the reputation has been tarnished forever.
>
>It was members of that self-same party who voted for him in the
>primaries. They must now bear the judgement of history. >:)
Well after all, they were voting for him and his good moral values.
<runs off to puke>

Eek! Samurai wrote:
> Quoth Ashikaga:
>> Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush
>> ruined it and now the reputation has been tarnished forever.
>
> It was members of that self-same party who voted for him in the
> primaries. They must now bear the judgement of history. >:)

Unfortunately that's going to be true. I seriously doubt any GOP candidate
could win any presidency for the coming decade without having some riots.
They shouldn't really let all those fundamental Christians in the party.
Seperation of Church and State!

--
Ashikaga a27

Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>
>>Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush ruined it and
>>now the reputation has been tarnished forever.
>
> No, my pun was to have a Democracy, you need only Democrats, otherwise
> you get a Republic, like China.

Not even funny.... This country /is/ a Republic.

--
Ashikaga a27

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

Ashikaga wrote:
> Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
>
>>Ashikaga wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>>Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush ruined it and
>>>now the reputation has been tarnished forever.
>>
>>No, my pun was to have a Democracy, you need only Democrats, otherwise
>>you get a Republic, like China.
>

> Not even funny.... This country /is/ a Republic.

".. and to the republic for which it stands.. "

-thehawk

Eek! thehawk wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>> Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
<snip>
>>>No, my pun was to have a Democracy, you need only Democrats, otherwise
>>>you get a Republic, like China.
>>
>> Not even funny.... This country /is/ a Republic.
>
> ".. and to the republic for which it stands.. "

.... one nation under.... YIKES!

--
Ashikaga a27

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:59:08 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! thehawk wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>> Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
><snip>
>>>
>>> Not even funny.... This country /is/ a Republic.
>>
>> ".. and to the republic for which it stands.. "
>
>... one nation under.... YIKES!

Remember, when you're seeking the holy grail to spell that as IIKES.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>>Eek! thehawk wrote:
>>> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>

>>> ".. and to the republic for which it stands.. "
>>
>>... one nation under.... YIKES!
>
> Remember, when you're seeking the holy grail to spell that as IIKES.

You like Ike?

--
Ashikaga a27

Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately that's going to be true. I seriously doubt any GOP candidate
>could win any presidency for the coming decade without having some riots.
>They shouldn't really let all those fundamental Christians in the party.
>Seperation of Church and State!

Well, you can all hope for Anohld.

Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, if we really want a democracy, we'll have to outlaw Republicans.
>>> :p
>>
>>Hey, that's personal! GOP used to be a good party until Bush ruined it and
>>now the reputation has been tarnished forever.

>No, my pun was to have a Democracy, you need only Democrats, otherwise
>you get a Republic, like China.

The thing is, as it is now, your pun really works both ways :)

Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately that's going to be true. I seriously doubt any GOP candidate
>>could win any presidency for the coming decade without having some riots.
>>They shouldn't really let all those fundamental Christians in the party.
>>Seperation of Church and State!
>
> Well, you can all hope for Anohld.

Yeah..., right. We have smart people lined up for GOP candidates, don't
we?

--
Ashikaga a27