What do you guys think about Audi A3?

Opinions please!

It looks interesting. I especially like that sky light moon roof. It
allows a lot of sun to go into the car. It's powered by an inline
4-cylinder engine so it's more powerful than most regular 4-cylinder and
yet it's fuel efficient. My current one is a V6. Anybody wants to comment
on the differences between a V6 and an inline 4-cylinder? I do drive a
mixture of both highway and locals (I commute to work by locals, but I do
get on freeways a lot when I am not working).

You German dragons, what do you guys think about Audi in general. Also,
since you guys probabaly get A3 before we do, what do you think about that
specific model?

I am currently driving a Honda Accord V6, so please give a comparison if
you can. :-) No spoofing around, Poly!

Thanks in advance.

--
Ashikaga a27
4

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:39:40 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Opinions please!
    >
    >It looks interesting. I especially like that sky light moon roof. It
    >allows a lot of sun to go into the car. It's powered by an inline
    >4-cylinder engine so it's more powerful than most regular 4-cylinder and
    >yet it's fuel efficient. My current one is a V6. Anybody wants to comment
    >on the differences between a V6 and an inline 4-cylinder? I do drive a
    >mixture of both highway and locals (I commute to work by locals, but I do
    >get on freeways a lot when I am not working).
    >
    >You German dragons, what do you guys think about Audi in general. Also,
    >since you guys probabaly get A3 before we do, what do you think about that
    >specific model?
    >
    >I am currently driving a Honda Accord V6, so please give a comparison if
    >you can. :-) No spoofing around, Poly!
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    I don't know for sure about the A3, but in general, your Honda is far
    more reliable. My boss had an Audi 5000 for awhile and something was
    wrong with it virtually the whole time he had it.
    I went from a Thinderbird with a 4.6L V-8 that got around 22 mpg on
    trips,18 mpg around town to a Sable with a 3.0L Duratech engine that
    just got 27.5 mpg on an 800 mile round trip to Champaign, IL. Both
    have 200 hp, but the T-bird had way better torque.
    So, I'm saying you probably won't get the good accelleration onto the
    interstate that you currently have with your Accord (we also have a
    1991 Accord with the 4-cyl). Unless you're one of THOSE people who try
    to blend with 65 mph traffic by entering the interstate at 40 mph,
    only to take a mile to reach speed.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net>:
    > Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Opinions please!
    > I don't know for sure about the A3, but in general, your Honda is
    > far more reliable. My boss had an Audi 5000 for awhile and
    > something was wrong with it virtually the whole time he had it.

    Interesting. Audi has a reputation for reliability here,
    particularly with more recent models, that rivals Honda's. FWIW, the
    Rover I eventually junked last month because the engine was going
    wrong had a Honda powerplant, so there are always aberrations.

    I actually strongly considered getting an A4 myself to replace it. I
    didn't in the end simply because the engines start at 1.8l and I
    needed a smaller engine size to keep my insurance down this year.

    A3s aren't readily available at my local used dealers, but they
    probably will be when I next change cars, and I'll certainly look at
    them again then.

    The four-cylinder won't have quite as much poke as a V6, it's true,
    but OTOH should be a lot better on economy. It really depends what
    you want out of your car.

    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) ~~ Rai ~~ O .---. . F
    | \ \ o / O> \/| i
    \ `^--^ DC2.De Gm L W-- T Phflt Sks Cbk,sbk o \_. /\| s
    \ \ \ Bwi A Fr++ M R Ac J++ I-- V Q++ Tc+ `---' ` h
    ksj ^--^ _________________________________________________________
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Rai wrote:
    > Quoth Optician Dragon:
    >> Ashikaga wrote:
    >>
    >>>Opinions please!
    >> I don't know for sure about the A3, but in general, your Honda is
    >> far more reliable. My boss had an Audi 5000 for awhile and
    >> something was wrong with it virtually the whole time he had it.
    >
    > Interesting. Audi has a reputation for reliability here,
    > particularly with more recent models, that rivals Honda's. FWIW, the
    > Rover I eventually junked last month because the engine was going
    > wrong had a Honda powerplant, so there are always aberrations.

    Audi does have a reputation for bad reliability, but like you said, it has
    improved tremendously, and that's why I am thinking about it. A3 is wider
    than my current Accord (7" wider...) but shorter. However, the interior
    space is smaller, especially the shoulder room for some odd reason. Audi's
    cars look pretty stylish too, IMO. If I had the money, I would buy an A6.

    > I actually strongly considered getting an A4 myself to replace it. I
    > didn't in the end simply because the engines start at 1.8l and I
    > needed a smaller engine size to keep my insurance down this year.

    A4 is actually around the same price tag as the A3. Only a couple
    thousands more expensive than its wagon cousin when fully equipped. The
    reason why I think A3 makes sense for me is because of the pretty sunroof
    thingy. The fuel economy is around the same. But I do need the navigation
    system (which A3 has as an option). But A4 is roomier than A3. So it's a
    hard judgement call, especially this is only the first year the U.S. is
    going to offer A3, so that's an unknown wildcard right there that it does
    make me worrisome somehow about its reliability.

    We don't have a 1.8l version of Audi.... The smallest one is 2.0l, and I
    am actually considering getting an A4 just because it has a 3.0l version
    (and I would get an V8 if I get an A6). I like cars with big horse power.
    That's the main reason I think Accord isn't good enough, though it's an
    excellent and extremely economical commuter car.

    > A3s aren't readily available at my local used dealers, but they
    > probably will be when I next change cars, and I'll certainly look at
    > them again then.
    >
    > The four-cylinder won't have quite as much poke as a V6, it's true,
    > but OTOH should be a lot better on economy. It really depends what
    > you want out of your car.

    I want something that's both economical and powerful. I was thinking about
    Infiniti G35, but the mileage isn't very good (very awful, actually),
    despite it has a powerful engine. Then I thought about Acura TL, but I
    don't like the style (it's very boring, and I am not excited about Honda's
    interior quality)). A6..., too expensive. A4, borderline, and that's when
    I found out they are going to offer A3. I am not a wagon lover, but this
    car sounds good after I read some stats. I might go test drive it and see
    how it really performs. If it's less powerful or around the same as my
    current Accord, then there is no point of wasting some money for the
    "upgrade." The mileage for A3 is slightly better than my Accord, but only
    barely (and tank size is smaller).

    Anyways, thanks a lot for your inputs. I'll wait and see if we have more
    inputs from our German dragons.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > A4, borderline, and that's when
    > I found out they are going to offer A3.

    Hmm.. not sure how you mean 'borderline'. Too expensive?

    Some of the Audi A4's have continuously variable speed transmissions (if you
    drive automatic), which (in theory) is the most efficient transmission
    available (no more gears).

    --
    zhentil

Video Games