How do I stop msn messenger from starting up. I un-check it from
msconfig Start Up tab, but, it still ends up showing in my Systems
Tray. I delete it from msconfig Start Up and everything is OK for a
while then it re-appears in my Systems Tray again and the entry is back
in Start Up. There is no entry for it in Add/Remove Programs and no
uninstall link in the Start Menu or its programs folder. It does show
as disabled when it appears in the Systems Tray, but, I would like to
get rid of it all together as I never use it and if I was to use a
messenger service it would be Trillion.

Rob

Alias

Open MSN Messenger and go to its preferences and configure it there.

Alias

"Canopus" <BNRAGMAOKKXT@spammotel.com> wrote

> How do I stop msn messenger from starting up. I un-check it from
> msconfig Start Up tab, but, it still ends up showing in my Systems
> Tray. I delete it from msconfig Start Up and everything is OK for a
> while then it re-appears in my Systems Tray again and the entry is back
> in Start Up. There is no entry for it in Add/Remove Programs and no
> uninstall link in the Start Menu or its programs folder. It does show
> as disabled when it appears in the Systems Tray, but, I would like to
> get rid of it all together as I never use it and if I was to use a
> messenger service it would be Trillion.
>
> Rob

TRENDING THREADS