MSN Messenger

How do I stop msn messenger from starting up. I un-check it from
msconfig Start Up tab, but, it still ends up showing in my Systems
Tray. I delete it from msconfig Start Up and everything is OK for a
while then it re-appears in my Systems Tray again and the entry is back
in Start Up. There is no entry for it in Add/Remove Programs and no
uninstall link in the Start Menu or its programs folder. It does show
as disabled when it appears in the Systems Tray, but, I would like to
get rid of it all together as I never use it and if I was to use a
messenger service it would be Trillion.

Rob
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger

    Open MSN Messenger and go to its preferences and configure it there.

    Alias

    "Canopus" <BNRAGMAOKKXT@spammotel.com> wrote

    > How do I stop msn messenger from starting up. I un-check it from
    > msconfig Start Up tab, but, it still ends up showing in my Systems
    > Tray. I delete it from msconfig Start Up and everything is OK for a
    > while then it re-appears in my Systems Tray again and the entry is back
    > in Start Up. There is no entry for it in Add/Remove Programs and no
    > uninstall link in the Start Menu or its programs folder. It does show
    > as disabled when it appears in the Systems Tray, but, I would like to
    > get rid of it all together as I never use it and if I was to use a
    > messenger service it would be Trillion.
    >
    > Rob

MSN Messenger Msconfig Windows XP