I hit quarter-century mark today

It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.

We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)

I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still only
managed 1000 songs or so.

- GSD

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:52:35 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
<daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
>We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
>brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
>Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>
>I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
>coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
>transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still only
>managed 1000 songs or so.
>
>- GSD

Congratulations! 25? You've barely left being a girl behind to become a
woman. Did you eat any Cinnabons or pie? Have fun with your iPod. I
must admit I don't see the point in those things. Are you going to paint
some nice dragon scales all over it? Remember, you are not judged by the
music you listen to but by the way your earbuds smell! Eiiiiuuuuu.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:52:35 +0200, Great Siberian Dragon
<daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
> We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
> brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
> Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>
> I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
> coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
> transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still
> only
> managed 1000 songs or so.
>
> - GSD

Congratulations.

Yes, time passes.

says pibbur who is twice as old.

Words to the wise, "Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au>
wrote:

>It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
>We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
>brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
>Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>
>I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
>coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
>transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still only
>managed 1000 songs or so.

Congratulations, GSD :)

I hope you feel better by now as the huge amounts of food have to be
processed.

An iPod sounds like a very good idea for a present, though one might
opt for an additional slave to concert all the other music media to a
digital and iPod-able format.

Being 25 is not really a bad age, not at all. Being a human,
especially a woman, is a lot like wine: gets better with age (and the
one who now talks about vinegar gets his head chopped off).

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:26:46 +0200, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Being 25 is not really a bad age, not at all. Being a human,
>especially a woman, is a lot like wine: gets better with age (and the
>one who now talks about vinegar gets his head chopped off).

Careful, if you chop off the head you might get cork in her wine!

--

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:35:08 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:26:46 +0200, Claus Dragon
><claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:
>
>>Being 25 is not really a bad age, not at all. Being a human,
>>especially a woman, is a lot like wine: gets better with age (and the
>>one who now talks about vinegar gets his head chopped off).
>
>Careful, if you chop off the head you might get cork in her wine!
Just let the blood gush for a few seconds to flush any cork bits out.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

Eek! Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
> We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
> brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
> Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>
> I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
> coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
> transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still only
> managed 1000 songs or so.

Ooh hoo! If this will make you feel better, I am two years older than you.
For some twisted reason, there are still girls chasing after me. So it's
not the end of the world!

As for iPod. It's a great gift! Maybe if you just want to use it as a
Walkman, the use will be limited, but now they have all those little
speakers console thingy you can use, you can even replace your home stereo
with it, if you don't insisted on the best of the best quality of sounds.
It can potentially safe a lot of money and provide a lot of convenience.

--
Ashikaga a27

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth "Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au>:

> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
> We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home
> because my brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between
> two households, my Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of
> food, :)

Yay, overabundant food! Yay for birthdays that can be described in terms of
centuries! Yay for you! ;)

Many happy returns, GS.

> I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've
> long coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now,
> I've been transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes
> library and I still only managed 1000 songs or so.

30GB of songs is actually an awful lot. My entire music collection amounts to
perhaps half of that. But you now have plenty of time to fill up the rest. :D

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On 14 Jun 2005 23:55:43 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>30GB of songs is actually an awful lot. My entire music collection amounts to
>perhaps half of that. But you now have plenty of time to fill up the rest. :D

You can always put a nice hidden, encrypted folder on the iPod to hide
your plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

--

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:29:07 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 14 Jun 2005 23:55:43 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:
>
>>30GB of songs is actually an awful lot. My entire music collection amounts to
>>perhaps half of that. But you now have plenty of time to fill up the rest. :D
>
>You can always put a nice hidden, encrypted folder on the iPod to hide
>your plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Be sure to label it in large letters.

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:52:35 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
> <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
> Congratulations! 25? You've barely left being a girl behind to become a
> woman. Did you eat any Cinnabons or pie? Have fun with your iPod. I
> must admit I don't see the point in those things.

I resisted the idea of iPod for a long time. Then I realised that having an
iPod with my entire collection on it will mean that I don't have to lug my
discman and a heavy CD case around with me when I travel and will have x100
more variety in music.

- GSD

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:53:43 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
<daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:52:35 +1000, "Great Siberian Dragon"
>> <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations! 25? You've barely left being a girl behind to become a
>> woman. Did you eat any Cinnabons or pie? Have fun with your iPod. I
>> must admit I don't see the point in those things.
>
>I resisted the idea of iPod for a long time. Then I realised that having an
>iPod with my entire collection on it will mean that I don't have to lug my
>discman and a heavy CD case around with me when I travel and will have x100
>more variety in music.

Hmmm. When I travel I listen to the radio for traffic reports in the car
and watch movies on my laptop when I fly. Haven't taken a bus in 25 years
and a train in even longer but I guess I'd use the laptop there too.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
> Hmmm. When I travel I listen to the radio for traffic reports in the car
> and watch movies on my laptop when I fly. Haven't taken a bus in 25 years
> and a train in even longer but I guess I'd use the laptop there too.

You get out of your house? When was that? >:-D

--
Ashikaga a27

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> I listen to the radio for traffic reports in the car

Does your car stereo not have the facility to interrupt tapes/CDs/MP3s
with traffic reports on FM stations as they're broadcast? It's pretty
much universal here in the UK, and we're usually five or ten years
behind the US in terms of technology.

\^\^//

On 15 Jun 2005 19:09:40 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
>> I listen to the radio for traffic reports in the car
>
>Does your car stereo not have the facility to interrupt tapes/CDs/MP3s
>with traffic reports on FM stations as they're broadcast? It's pretty
>much universal here in the UK, and we're usually five or ten years
>behind the US in terms of technology.

My car's radio is AM. What is this tapes/CDs/MP3s thing you speak of?

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> My car's radio is AM. What is this tapes/CDs/MP3s thing you speak
> of?

Come on, Poly, get with the programme. Those dashboard-mounted
phonographs are all the rage these days!

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

On 2005-06-14, Great Siberian Dragon <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.

I plan on having my 30th this year, when I turn 30 I can have a 26th b'day :)

Kadmos

On 17 Jun 2005 12:19:30 GMT, Grant <user@example.org> wrote:

>On 2005-06-14, Great Siberian Dragon <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
>I plan on having my 30th this year, when I turn 30 I can have a 26th b'day :)
>
>Kadmos

Remember, if you're not presented with a cake covered in candles to blow
out, the birthday doesn't count!

--

"Great Siberian Dragon" <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>
> We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
> brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
> Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>
> I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
> coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
> transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still
only
> managed 1000 songs or so.

"Happy Belated Birthday, Cousin!" Jacrose & Jonathan cheer at you during
this hiatus from the plot thread. :)

--

Bubbac & Coldmist

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:36:26 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2005 12:19:30 GMT, Grant <user@example.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2005-06-14, Great Siberian Dragon <daria@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>>> It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>>
>> I plan on having my 30th this year, when I turn 30 I can have a 26th
>> b'day :)
>>
>> Kadmos
>
> Remember, if you're not presented with a cake covered in candles to blow
> out, the birthday doesn't count!

Yay!!!!! I'm young again, I'm 19!!!

Cough, cough.

pibbur, the no spelling error version

"pibbur" <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:36:26 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
> wrote:

>>> I plan on having my 30th this year, when I turn 30 I can have a 26th
>>> b'day :)
>>>
>>> Kadmos
>>
>> Remember, if you're not presented with a cake covered in candles to blow
>> out, the birthday doesn't count!
>>
> Yay!!!!! I'm young again, I'm 19!!!
>
> Cough, cough.
>
> pibbur, the no spelling error version

I'll assume this means it's an error version with no spelling. That kinda
rocks.

LVD

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:42:51 +0200, Lord Vashnu Dragon
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> "pibbur" <oopsREMOVETHISANDxx.xx000@tele2xx.xxno> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:36:26 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Remember, if you're not presented with a cake covered in candles to
>>> blow
>>> out, the birthday doesn't count!
>>>
>> Yay!!!!! I'm young again, I'm 19!!!
>>
>> Cough, cough.
>>
>> pibbur, the no spelling error version
>
> I'll assume this means it's an error version with no spelling. That
> kinda
> rocks.

:-D!!

pibbur

Ashikaga wrote:
> Eek! Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
>
>>It's really depressing how quickly the time goes by.
>>
>>We've been embroiled in very protracted celebrations at home because my
>>brother's birthday was only ten days ago and between two households, my
>>Mum's and my Dad's, we ate an obscene amount of food, :)
>>
>>I got my entire family to chip in for one collective present I've long
>>coveted, namely a 30GB iPod. For the last three days now, I've been
>>transferring my 450+ CD collection into the iTunes library and I still only
>>managed 1000 songs or so.
>
> Ooh hoo! If this will make you feel better, I am two years older than you.
> For some twisted reason, there are still girls chasing after me. So it's
> not the end of the world!

Of course, I am also 27. (I'd plug my webpic, but it's five years old
now. Ah, what the heck.)

http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/kenneth.jpg

-Lumina Dragon

Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>
>> Ooh hoo! If this will make you feel better, I am two years older than you.
>> For some twisted reason, there are still girls chasing after me. So it's
>> not the end of the world!
>
> Of course, I am also 27. (I'd plug my webpic, but it's five years old
> now. Ah, what the heck.)
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/kenneth.jpg

That's a well-known picture of a precocious mind. ;o)

--
Ashikaga a27

Ashikaga wrote:
> Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
>>Ashikaga wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>>Ooh hoo! If this will make you feel better, I am two years older than you.
>>>For some twisted reason, there are still girls chasing after me. So it's
>>>not the end of the world!
>>
>>Of course, I am also 27. (I'd plug my webpic, but it's five years old
>>now. Ah, what the heck.)
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/kewhitte/kenneth.jpg
>
> That's a well-known picture of a precocious mind. ;o)

I prefer to think of it as the ideal male visage.

-Lumina Dragon