Hello,
On a network with aboute 40 XP/2K clients, 5 XP SP2 clients loses there
Mapped Drive Connections and have to reboot to get working again.

The Network is a 2000 domain with 2K server I have tried:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297684
I have also verified that the DNS settings is Ok (internal AD-DNS)
Anyone have a clue?

More info:
- The clints are on different switches
- They are scanned flr viruses/trojans/adware/spyware etc.

Problem not solved! And i´m soon being hangd :)

MrM wrote:

> More info:
> - The clints are on different switches
> - They are scanned flr viruses/trojans/adware/spyware etc.
>
> Problem not solved! And i´m soon being hangd :)

I believe that part of the problem is the TCP/IP limitation 10
unresolved outgoing ICMP requests implemented in SP2 (previously was
65,535), but I have no proof. I do have proof that removal of SP2 solves
the problems I've had with mapped drives and browsing network shares.

http://blog.davidkaspar.com/archives/2005/04/windows_xp_sp2_and_event_id_4226.php

Steve