Sign in with
Your question

Windows wont start

Last response: in Windows 7
August 9, 2012 1:10:40 PM

Windows wont start it freezes during the boot up sequence.(when the windows starting comes up). I tried safe mode it freeze during that but it stopped at Windows\system3ddrivers\AtiPcie64.sys
I tried start up repair, it froze during that, the blue wallpaper of the repair screen comes up though but after that it just freezes. I tried my last good configuration it froze during that as well.

This happened after i restarted the computer 5 or 7 consecutive times because i was trying to get into safe mode. I did not log in i just restarted again from the login screen.

Thanks in advance

More about : windows wont start

a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2012 1:19:05 PM

if it frezee at start up, could be memory or HDD issue,

Try dl memtest86 and run it as bootable disk/usb to check if there mem error...

m
l
August 9, 2012 2:34:35 PM

What do you mean by that, I cant log in to the computer i made this thread using a laptop

My Computer is a HP Pavilion p7-1020,
Amd Phenom II 960T QUad core processor.
8GB DDR3 memory
ATI Radeon HD 4200 Intergrated
1.5 Terabyte hardrive
WIndows 7 Home premium
And is their a way of me getting a windows7 cd, i did not get one with my purchace of the pc
m
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 2:45:33 PM

press F8 and go to enable vga mode
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:06:51 PM

try bigbang suggestion to get in windows without loading ati driver (AtiPcie64.sys ) see if it get through? (since it cannot enter safe mode i doubt it will work, but it nice to try)

my post above about download memtest86+ (free) install it to usb/cd/dvd (it will become a bootable disk/usb)

plung/insert it in comp and when in bios set to boot from usb/optical drive..
it will run memtest to see if there a memory error (let it run for couple cycles)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2012 12:45:03 PM

moonbase19 said:
What do you mean by that, I cant log in to the computer i made this thread using a laptop

My Computer is a HP Pavilion p7-1020,
Amd Phenom II 960T QUad core processor.
8GB DDR3 memory
ATI Radeon HD 4200 Intergrated
1.5 Terabyte hardrive
WIndows 7 Home premium
And is their a way of me getting a windows7 cd, i did not get one with my purchace of the pc

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...

Burn it to a disk. Then either clean install it to your laptop by formatting the HDD, or create a partition to install it to. The 2nd option retains any stored data on the drive, you should then remove the old version of windows. You would then need to install all drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website. Windows would need to be re-activated using the key on the base of your laptop.
m
l
!