Cant intall software it asks me to login as administrator even though I am

I am trying to install software off a cd but it says"to install this software you must have administrator rights" but I am the only user on this PC and I am the administrator. Whats going on - please help?
2 answers Last reply
More about cant intall software asks login administrator
  1. Try turning off the antivirus and firewall first.
    then load the software.

There is another thing to try and it's fun to do:
    close all applications and save any files.
    left click start
    left click computer
    right click C drive
    Left click Open
    Right click Users
    Left click properties
    "Check" mark the box that says: Attributes: "Hidden" (there is now a check-mark in the "Hidden" box)
    Click: "Apply"
    Now the system will apply the hidden attributes...and this will take a while, or maybe a long while. Let this proceed, and don't interrupt it...
    During this procedure, a message may inform you that you do not have administrator privilege to the file you are trying to change the attributes of. That's OK. Just click: "ignore all."
    When this procedure is finished, click OK (the box will close after you click OK)
    Now you will once again be looking at folders in C drive (don’t close the C drive window or you may regret it)
    (once again) right click Users
    (once again) left click properties
    UN- check the box that says: Attributes "Hidden" (you will now take the check mark OUT, Hidden is no longer checked)
    Click Apply
    Now the computer will UN-apply the hidden attributes, and it may take a while, or a long while...but let it proceed, and finish, don't interrupt it.
    During this procedure, a message may inform you that you are not the administrator of the file that you are trying to change the attributes of. That's OK, just click: "ignore all."
    When this is completed click OK
    Now close all windows.
    Load your software with the antivirus and firewall turned off
    After loading the software, restart the computer.
    Turn the anti virus and firewall back on.

There was a problem on some computers with "some" user attributes becoming hidden, when they were not supposed to be hidden.
    Using the above procedure, the user attributes are toggled between hidden and non hidden.
    This "UN-sticks" the user attributes, and manages to return them to where they belong. This fixes user problems.
    I'll be darned as to why this works, but sure 'nuff sometimes it does.

Now try
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Login CD-Rom Software Windows 7