LOST BOOT RECORD!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Clindst

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
I was running a RAID 0 setup on my Asus A7V133 with two Maxtor 40 gigs running WINXP and I have another 40 gig IBM drive on the IDE bus. I went ahead and installed Redhat Linux 7.3 on the 40 gig IBM in hope of using LILO as the dual boot manager and whenever I boot the menu shows only Linux in the LILO menu.

Now I unplugged the IBM drive so I could just boot off my normal setup with my WINXP on the RAID config but when it goes to boot all it says is 'PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT' I have tried everything to get back into windows but i cant. nothing seems to recognize the drive! I loaded the WINXP disk to use the RESTORE feature but it says that no drives are installed. Now when the computer boots the RAID ARRAY shows up fine and it continues on as usual but instead of going into WINXP it just says "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT' I have tried fdisk and it doesnt even see the partition. I have over 30 gigs of data on this drive that I need to save. Can someone PLEASE help me out here. I have been trying to fix this allll day and I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
boot ur sys from win xp cdrom go into "recovery console" and give following commands "fixboot" and "fixmbr" and whatever it asks give YES ...probably this will help.

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHLON XP ;)

Clindst

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
I have tried both positions and it always goes into linux I think. But if its just the WINXP RAID it says 'PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT' but if it boots to linux i get the LILO menu with LINUX and LINUX BAK LINUX BAK just started showing up recently

HELP!

TRENDING THREADS