Sign in with
Your question

Window7 freezing on startup (at statup logo)

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 9, 2012 4:46:07 PM

My desktop is freezing every time at the startup logo when switched on..
it was working perfectly for the past one month.. when i restart the system it asks whether to start normally or start with the system repair.. but even after giving any of the above option the system still gets stuck..
my system configuration is given below. Some body please provide me with a helping hand..

Processor : AMD Phenom x6 1055t
mother board : Asus Asus M4A88T
HDD : 1 TB seagate Barracuda
RAM : 4 Gb kingston + 2 x 4Gb adata = total 12 GB
Graphics card : ATI radeon HD 6970
PSU : Cooler master 650w
August 9, 2012 5:23:36 PM

Take out the Kingston RAM. Mismatched RAM is always a bad idea and AMD chipsets are picky... 8GB is fine.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2012 5:45:09 PM

can you use f8 and boot into safe mode?? if you can use msconfig and turn off everything in start up..it could be a damaged program..anti virus or video control panel. if you cant use f8 safe mode...try using system recovery and go back one week. you may need the windows install cd to do this. if you cant get into the system (still locks up try bare boning it.) turn it off. unplug the power from the wall. wait a few min clear the cmos..so that it back to factory default. then pull any extra cards..if there onboard video pull the gpu. if with a stock mb and bios the pc boots fine then you may have a hardware issue. start with the gpu put it back in and see if the system hangs. if windows is damaged to badly you may need to run windows installer and have it make a new windows install if you need to save your old data and have it make a windows.bak folder.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2012 2:50:21 AM

i tried replacing rams as well as the graphics card .. but still the problem persists..
i cant open the system in safe mode too.. its also get stuck ..
i tried reinstalling windows too.. but it freezes at the same startup logo..

m
l
August 10, 2012 2:52:36 AM

i tried replacing rams as well as the graphics card .. but still the problem persists..
i cant open the system in safe mode too.. its also get stuck ..
i tried reinstalling windows too.. but it freezes at the same startup logo..

m
l
August 10, 2012 3:05:48 AM

it looks similar to your problem.. but few of my friends told asus mother board usually caused this problem to him.. and the psu he was using was 850w and then he changed the psu to 1000w the system worked well..
all other problems we are facing looks similar.. except he has this 850w psu where mines only 650w..
will changing the psu really gonna help me??
there is no problem with any of my drivers or softwares loaded .. hard formatted the hardisk and tried installing windows from the beginning like that into a new system.. but it still freezes at the startup ..
and the hardisk works well with different system..
m
l
!