Tips for fighting procrastination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
tips ?

-Moa Dragon

--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
683 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:32:55 +0200, "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>tips ?
>
>-Moa Dragon

Yes, but I'll have to search for them later.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Mils Michael wrote:
> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
> tips ?

Whenever you have the urge to search the Internet for silly links, just say
no.

--
Ashikaga a27

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
> tips ?

What the hell is "procrastinating"?

LVD

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
> tips ?

Hehee, and now that I know what it means, the first few posts in this thread
are suddenly lots funnier... you goofballs, you!!

LVD

Words to the wise, "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>tips ?

I would like to help you but at the moment I am having dinner and then
I have to rest.

Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>tips ?
>

> What the hell is "procrastinating"?

'Tis when you do something else when you really should be doing
something else... (doh)

Google says:
http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Aprocrastination&sourceid=opera&num=%i&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I say "fight it with GTD (Getting Things Done):
http://www.43folders.com/2004/09/getting_started.html

(that one has been on my "to-read" list for quite some time now...)

Vapour.

"Tormod Haugen" <tormodh@GOOGLES_POPULAR_EMAIL.com> wrote in message
> Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>> "Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>>tips ?
>>

>> What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>>

> 'Tis when you do something else when you really should be doing something
> else... (doh)

Ah, I see. 'Tis a horrible word if you ask me. Which you're not, but
anyway.
I brief look at that word makes me think of urinating, or some sort of
prostate cancer...

LVD

Moa Dragon wrote:
>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>tips ?

Hire someone to beat you up if you do not meet your deadlines, I think
that is the one sure fire way to do it. :)

I find that when I can make myself do something before doing anything
else that helps me get to work on it. That only works if you can break
up your work into manageble bits.

Lots of people make a list or schedule that might help.

Cutting off your usenet access might help. ;)

Good luck.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a26, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

<mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>tips ?
>
>-Moa Dragon
Lemme get back to you later...
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:47:07 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>> tips ?
>
>What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>
>LVD

Look it up later.

"Optician Dragon" <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:47:07 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>> tips ?
>>
>>What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>>
>>LVD
>>
> Look it up later.

Heh, ok. Don't hold your breath though. Or, maybe you should - I just
"procrastinated"!

LVD

<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>> tips ?
>
>What the hell is "procrastinating"?

It's like Amateur Crastinating but you get paid to do it.
You know being crass? Now imagine making a living by being that way.
Sheeesh. Obvious.

--

Eek! Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Tormod Haugen" wrote...
<snip>
>>> What the hell is "procrastinating"?

That's something it can't happen to you when you are on the bed. You know
you should refrain but it just goes off anyways. The opposite of that is
procrastination.

>> 'Tis when you do something else when you really should be doing something
>> else... (doh)
>>
> Ah, I see. 'Tis a horrible word if you ask me. Which you're not, but
> anyway.
> I brief look at that word makes me think of urinating, or some sort of
> prostate cancer...

For some reason I think you have a much higher rate to get prostate cancer
than us.... Go seek a doctor to do a probe for you. Don't procrastinate.
Do it NOW!

--
Ashikaga a27

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:47:07 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>> tips ?
>>
>>What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>
> It's like Amateur Crastinating but you get paid to do it.
> You know being crass? Now imagine making a living by being that way.
> Sheeesh. Obvious.

Thanks for clearing everything up. Heh!

LVD

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:41:38 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
<lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:47:07 -0400, "Lord Vashnu Dragon"
>> <lordv@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>

>>>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>>What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>>
>> It's like Amateur Crastinating but you get paid to do it.
>> You know being crass? Now imagine making a living by being that way.
>> Sheeesh. Obvious.
>
>Thanks for clearing everything up. Heh!
>
>LVD

Glad to help. >;)

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

> This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
> procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
> tips ?

Yes. Break projects up into smaller achievable goals. Work on those
*daily* until the entire project is complete - then move on to a new
project.

--
/\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
(/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

Lost Dragon wrote:
> > This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
> > procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
> > tips ?
>
> Yes. Break projects up into smaller achievable goals. Work on those
> *daily* until the entire project is complete - then move on to a new
> project.

Absolutely. Works fine for me. My second album has been due since,
errrrm, October 2002.

I like to tell people that I'm doing it one silly noise at a time... >_>

<mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>tips ?

I have a little booklet called "Stop Procrastinating. Do It!" Except
I never finished reading it.

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2

This is the comfort of everyone: That tho' they
may be said to die, yet their love and devotion
are, in best sense, ever present because immortal.
~William Penn
In memory of my father, 1 Jan 05

Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
> "Tormod Haugen" <tormodh@GOOGLES_POPULAR_EMAIL.com> wrote in message
>
>>Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>>
>>>"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>What the hell is "procrastinating"?
>>>

>>'Tis when you do something else when you really should be doing something
>>else... (doh)
>>

> Ah, I see. 'Tis a horrible word if you ask me. Which you're not, but
> anyway.

It's more like putting off until tomorrow what you can/should do today -
whether or not you ahve anything else to do while procrastinating.

> I brief look at that word makes me think of urinating, or some sort of
> prostate cancer...

Comes outta Latin. "pro" being one of their prepositions, and I can no
longer remember which one. "cras" being "tomorrow".

Incidentally, in addition to being the Typo King, I am the patron saint
of procrastination.

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. How did your second direct reply to the Topic Post show before your
first on my listing?

Ashikaga wrote:
> Eek! Mils Michael wrote:
>
>>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>tips ?
>

> Whenever you have the urge to search the Internet for silly links, just say
> no.

Now where's the fun in that?

-Lumina Dragon

ERIMESS!!!!!

Where ya been? Haven't seen you lately. Plan on returning Weyrside?

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon wrote:
> ERIMESS!!!!!
>
> Where ya been? Haven't seen you lately. Plan on returning Weyrside?
>
> -Lumina Dragon

I smell reply day.

Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>> Eek! Mils Michael wrote:
>>
>>>This is getting serious. I'm willing to stop
>>>procrastinating.... tomorrow. Anyone have decent
>>>tips ?
>>
>> Whenever you have the urge to search the Internet for silly links, just say
>> no.
>
> Now where's the fun in that?

The fun would come when he fails to do that, then we all get a chance to
laugh at him.

--
Ashikaga a27

Helgraf Dragon wrote:
> Lumina Dragon wrote:
>
>> ERIMESS!!!!!
>>
>> Where ya been? Haven't seen you lately. Plan on returning Weyrside?
>
> I smell reply day.

Yeah, I have become rather erratic in my appearances. I fondly remember
the days when I had enough free time to do this every day.

As long as I don't vanish again, all will be well.

And maybe I can eventually clear my backlog. Then I'd have less posts to
worry about in general, and could be here more often.

Alas, it is that very procrastination Moa speaks of that stymies my
efforts. I see how much remains, and so put much of it off for another day.

-Lumina Dragon