"desktop" in all my Favourites folders

June 13, 2005 6:12:57 PM

Hello,

I have noticed today that all my folders from my Favourites (in Internet
Explorer) have now a "desktop config parameters" at the end of each folder.
Is there a way to exclude these "desktops"?
I´m waiting for your feedback.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 6:12:58 PM

Could you describe more ?

What exactly you want to get rid of ?
--
Jonybrv

"Alberto Alves" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed today that all my folders from my Favourites (in Internet
> Explorer) have now a "desktop config parameters" at the end of each folder.
> Is there a way to exclude these "desktops"?
> I´m waiting for your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:38:49 PM

Hi,

There are in each folder (and sub-folders) located in my Favourites some
files named "desktop" wich are opened with Notepad.
It is written in them:

[.ShellClassInfo]
ICONFILE=

These files were created (I don´t know how) today in the morning (07:06am).
I don´t know if I should delete all of them or keep them untouchable.
I´m wainting for your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

"Jonybrv" <Jonybrv@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem
> Could you describe more ?
>
> What exactly you want to get rid of ?
> --
> Jonybrv
>

> "Alberto Alves" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have noticed today that all my folders from my Favourites (in Internet
>> Explorer) have now a "desktop config parameters" at the end of each
>> folder.
>> Is there a way to exclude these "desktops"?
>> I´m waiting for your feedback.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

June 13, 2005 7:38:50 PM

Yes, Larry is true.

You will find desktop.ini a text file that opens in notepad if you had tried
to customize the icons for the favorities folder.

This is safe to delete.

--
Jonybrv

"Alberto Alves" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are in each folder (and sub-folders) located in my Favourites some
> files named "desktop" wich are opened with Notepad.
> It is written in them:
>
> [.ShellClassInfo]
> ICONFILE=
>
> These files were created (I don´t know how) today in the morning (07:06am).
> I don´t know if I should delete all of them or keep them untouchable.
> I´m wainting for your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> "Jonybrv" <Jonybrv@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem
> > Could you describe more ?
> >
> > What exactly you want to get rid of ?
> > --
> > Jonybrv
> >

> > "Alberto Alves" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have noticed today that all my folders from my Favourites (in Internet
> >> Explorer) have now a "desktop config parameters" at the end of each
> >> folder.
> >> Is there a way to exclude these "desktops"?
> >> I´m waiting for your feedback.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:51:30 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:12:57 -0300, "Alberto Alves"
<virtua12776@globo.com> wrote:

|Hello,
|
|I have noticed today that all my folders from my Favourites (in Internet
|Explorer) have now a "desktop config parameters" at the end of each folder.
|Is there a way to exclude these "desktops"?
|IŽm waiting for your feedback.
|
|Thanks in advance.

R they all named desktop.ini ? These appear in a folder
when u customize icon 4 that folder. Can be deleted if
u want default icon 4 folder.

HTH-Larry
Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.
!