Introduction and testing

Hello, all

My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

--
Eduardo Alvarez

"Stercus, stercus, stercus, moriturus sum"
-- Rincewind The Wizzard, "Interesting Times"

12 answers Last reply
More about introduction testing
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:55:37 +0000, Eduardo Alvarez
    <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hello, all
    >
    >My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    >under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    >hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Yes, it's working. Hello again. :)
    I'll leave it to the others to "offer" pie.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Eduardo Alvarez wrote:
    > Hello, all
    >
    > My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    > under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    > hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Wazzup.

    -thehawk
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Words to the wise, Eduardo Alvarez <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hello, all
    >
    >My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    >under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    >hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Hi :>
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
    > Eduardo Alvarez <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to
    >>UDIC, under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting
    >>this to say hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope
    >>this arrives well.
    >
    > Yes, it's working. Hello again. :)
    > I'll leave it to the others to "offer" pie.

    *grin* If he says he's a long-time Dragon, I'm willing to take him on
    trust. Aside from anything else, if he's wily enough to pretend, he
    deserves to escape the tradition. ;)

    And greetings to you, Astrochelonian!

    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:55:37 +0000, Eduardo Alvarez
    <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hello, all
    >
    >My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    >under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    >hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.
    Hello, Astrochelonian, I just want to warn you, there are some
    Dragons that like to welcome new Dragons with a fusillade of
    confections.
    <waves him over>
    Come over here, you'll be safe here where they can't see you...
    <click>

    Far off in space a heretofore unnoticed probe awakens and there are
    the silent bangs of explosive bolts, a small burst of thrusters, then
    a blaze as main engine fires. As it accelerates to near Ludicrous
    Speed it unfurls, assuming a pie-pan shape of enormous girth. Huge
    tanks from the underneath gush forth from rimjets an enormous amount
    of white, greamy foam. It impacts the atmosphere at such speed only
    the peaks of the foamy goo get slightly scorched before..

    Back on the ground Astrochelonian sees in a blinking of an eye a
    circular shadow enlarge to encompass his Dragon bulk. He has barely
    time to look up before the hypersonic pastry impacts him
    SPLUTTTT!!!
    Welcome to the NG! :-)
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "That's the great thing about being dumb -
    You don't feel bad when you don't come up with a good idea."
    -"Frog" from Best Of The West
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:51:37 +0200, Optician Dragon
    <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:55:37 +0000, Eduardo Alvarez
    > <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, all
    >>
    >> My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    >> under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    >> hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.
    > Hello, Astrochelonian, I just want to warn you, there are some
    > Dragons that like to welcome new Dragons with a fusillade of
    > confections.
    > <waves him over>
    > Come over here, you'll be safe here where they can't see you...
    > <click>
    >

    > Far off in space a heretofore unnoticed probe awakens and there are
    > the silent bangs of explosive bolts, a small burst of thrusters, then
    > a blaze as main engine fires. As it accelerates to near Ludicrous
    > Speed it unfurls, assuming a pie-pan shape of enormous girth. Huge
    > tanks from the underneath gush forth from rimjets an enormous amount
    > of white, greamy foam. It impacts the atmosphere at such speed only
    > the peaks of the foamy goo get slightly scorched before..
    >
    > Back on the ground Astrochelonian sees in a blinking of an eye a
    > circular shadow enlarge to encompass his Dragon bulk. He has barely
    > time to look up before the hypersonic pastry impacts him
    > SPLUTTTT!!!

    Ahh, the good ol' SPLUT. I was missing that.

    To Astrochelonian Dragon: Welcome. We're a weird, but friendly society.
    For dragons, that is.

    pibbur dragon
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Eduardo Alvarez wrote:
    > Hello, all
    >
    > My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    > under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    > hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Hello, and thank you.

    --
    Ashikaga a27
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eduardo Alvarez wrote:
    > Hello, all
    >
    > My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    > under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    > hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    We are watching you.

    --
    Helgraf Dragon NSA Dragon
    Rest of .sig lost in the great blizzard of '03.

    "Eduardo Alvarez" <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, all
    >
    > My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    > under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    > hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Hi there!

    - GSD
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On 27 Jun 2005 22:51:02 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

    >Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
    >> Eduardo Alvarez <!nospam!ppunga@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>>My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to
    >>>UDIC, under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting
    >>>this to say hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope
    >>>this arrives well.
    >>
    >> Yes, it's working. Hello again. :)
    >> I'll leave it to the others to "offer" pie.
    >
    >*grin* If he says he's a long-time Dragon, I'm willing to take him on
    >trust. Aside from anything else, if he's wily enough to pretend, he
    >deserves to escape the tradition. ;)

    Not hard to check. The master roster says he joined Dec 20, 2004.
    Guess it depends on your definition of "not-so-recent."

    --

    Erimess Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-

    d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
    U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2

    This is the comfort of everyone: That tho' they
    may be said to die, yet their love and devotion
    are, in best sense, ever present because immortal.
    ~William Penn
    In memory of my father, 1 Jan 05
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    pibbur wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:51:37 +0200, Optician Dragon
    > <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> SPLUTTTT!!!
    >
    > Ahh, the good ol' SPLUT. I was missing that.

    Yes, and as Optician proves, it's not the pie, it's the delivery. Gone
    are the times when you can simply throw a pie and expect it to hit.

    You know, isn't that what He Who Must Not Be Named took people to task
    for? Unoriginal splutting?

    Hmm.... I wonder if he'll (rather, if his alter ego will) be able to
    return and reprise his role should I manage to get that story back up
    and running. (Big nebulous if at the moment, but one never knows.)

    > To Astrochelonian Dragon: Welcome. We're a weird, but friendly society.
    > For dragons, that is.

    What more could someone ask for?

    -Lumina Dragon
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eduardo Alvarez wrote:
    > Hello, all
    >
    > My name is Eduardo Alvarez, and I am a not-so-recent addition to UDIC,
    > under the pen-name of Astrochelonian Dragon. I am posting this to say
    > hello, and to test my news server and client. I hope this arrives well.

    Hello, hello, hello. Not really anything I can say that hasn't been
    said, so well met and welcome to our little playground.

    -Lumina Dragon

Video Games