CD/DVD disk lable

When I change disks in my cd/dvd drive, explorer will show the files on the
new disk, but the disk label remains unchanged from the label of the disk in
the drive on startup.

Is there a fix?

Byte

Yes - try the Function key F5 or the most effective way is to reboot.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"KSB" wrote:

> When I change disks in my cd/dvd drive, explorer will show the files on the
> new disk, but the disk label remains unchanged from the label of the disk in
> the drive on startup.
>
> Is there a fix?

Tried the f5. Object is to avoid reboot.

"KSB" wrote:

> Tried the f5. Object is to avoid reboot.
> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes - try the Function key F5 or the most effective way is to reboot.
> > --
> > Some days you're the windshield,
> > some days you're the bug.
> >

> > "KSB" wrote:
> >
> >> When I change disks in my cd/dvd drive, explorer will show the files on
> >> the
> >> new disk, but the disk label remains unchanged from the label of the disk
> >> in
> >> the drive on startup.
> >>
> >> Is there a fix?

I have same question. How can you clear the properties of previous disc
without rebooting. This is an anoying little bug..