Graphical Crash/Freeze

matheus_33_51187

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hello hardware gurus,

Recently, I got the following crash on my PC
388137_10151015242556925_1249415540_n.jpg

The crash happened several times. It happened randomly. My system is quite new. I built it in the end of April. So, this crash is stressing me out.

After the crash, I couldn't do anything and there was annoying sound (beeping) all the time until I reset my PC.

My system specification is as follows:
Processor: Intel i5 2500K
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
Memory: Corsair 2x4GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL9, Vengeance, LP
HDD: Western Digital Harddisk 3.5" 250GB, SATA600, 7200rpm, WD2500AAKX
PSU: XFX ProSeries Core 550W

I haven't done any troubleshooting yet. Is there anything I can check?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

51mple

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hi,

I thought you might like to know what I found when I had this issue and spent a number of hours finding the cause.

I bought a pair of Corsair 2GB sticks for the same motherboard and of course tried to run them in dual channel mode. I found the system would randomly freeze with the same symptoms you are having.

Eventually, after a number of driver changes/updates, I ran memory tests using memtest86 in dual channel mode and it would hang after a few minutes. Running the same tests in single channel mode resulted in no errors.

I'd suggest try running in single channel mode, but I'm not sure whether it's the motherboard or the memory that is at fault. I decided to just leave it in single channel mode.

Cheers,
Si

rdc85

Honorable

First 51mple, u might get bad stick,.... (try claim the warranty if u can)

running an memtest is a good way to probe for problems......
but screen artifact usually means bad GPU (it could because overheat or wrong O.C setting, power inadequate, etc..... )

The beeping sound actually a code for identify the problem (try read the mobo manual)..

For trouble shooting :

Check temp of the GPU and processor
Check the PSU voltage
runs memtest ...

is good way to start..