100Mb ethernet is too slow.

I guess I'll be upgrading the rest of my LAN to 1Gb Ethernet. My data is
just getting too large to archive easily over 100Mb connections.

It's a far way we've come from watching 300 baud transfers across the
screen in the BBS days.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Polychromic wrote:
    > I guess I'll be upgrading the rest of my LAN to 1Gb Ethernet. My data is
    > just getting too large to archive easily over 100Mb connections.
    >
    > It's a far way we've come from watching 300 baud transfers across the
    > screen in the BBS days.

    I have been considering that for a while too. I have fibre between the
    switches, but only 100MB from there to the desktop.

    The only real demotivator in this process is that, until I actually get
    around to getting my CCNA, I keep convincing myself to keep the Cisco
    stuff in place (I got a good deal on some Cisco gear a couple of years
    back from a company liquidating their assets, and unless that happens
    again, no more Cisco for the house).

    -thehawk

Ethernet Card Photo Computers Games Video Games