Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 cannont detect drivers??

Last response: in Windows 7
March 9, 2010 2:21:47 AM

Booting up windows 7 and on this step it cannot detect any Partitions to download too, its just blank?
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1205,l%253D2453...

Everything is connected properly and everything is shown in bios. Basically i cant Install windows 7 nothing to install it too?

i5 750
ocz 700w
gigabyte GA P55A UD3
g.skill 4gb
March 9, 2010 5:54:55 PM

Doesnt seem to work for me, Transfered files sucessfullly but on that same window it doesnt show any allocated space to download from. Method 2 is just confusing so im not even sure if i want to attempt it :( 
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2010 6:05:13 PM

ok few questions
1 does your computer have a floppy installed. if yes then ur ok if no then make sure floppy mode is off in bios
2 check to see if your hd is set for ahci mode if it is then you may need some drivers for that
they could be whats causing the problem
m
l
March 9, 2010 6:33:42 PM

1. no floppy installed and floppy mode is off
2. HD was set to AHCI but changed to IDE and still nothing.

The problem is i cant get drivers to load on windows, eveything is installed properly. Should i try my old IDE hd drive and try booting from there?????
m
l
March 10, 2010 6:29:42 PM

yea that would be the best bet sry only really check toms while at work. if you can get it to install properly that way just install win 7 while loaded into the old hd so you do a direct install.
m
l
March 11, 2010 3:40:05 AM

shineon2010 said:
Booting up windows 7 and on this step it cannot detect any Partitions to download too, its just blank?
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1205,l%253D2453...

Everything is connected properly and everything is shown in bios. Basically i cant Install windows 7 nothing to install it too?

i5 750
ocz 700w
gigabyte GA P55A UD3
g.skill 4gb

You problem is not clear.
Is your machines doesn't works after booting - stuck or BSOD appears.
m
l
March 11, 2010 3:41:18 AM

If there's a problem regarding driver use a Driver Updating software like Driver Checker.
m
l
March 11, 2010 4:38:07 AM

So when I get to this screen,
and i dont have any partitions showing do i have to reformat my hardrive? ive already tried booting from a flash drive :( 
m
l
March 16, 2010 10:34:00 PM

Solved! thank you guys for the replies!
m
l
June 5, 2010 7:56:42 AM

so how did you solve it?

I am having the same problem - Windows install won't detect my new OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. I have tried the following:

Downloading drivers from Asus website and clicking the "load drivers" button in the install.

Downloading drivers from Intel website and clicking the "load drivers" button in the install.

Updating the bios of my notebook.

Updating the firmware for the SSD (no new firmware release as yet, apparently it was due on 1st June 2010.)

Ghosting the original drive to the SSD - just a normal "disk to disk" ghost. I'm not sure exactly what happened, if it copied fully or it didn't, but there were no error messages. "Missing operating system" (still) after doing this and trying to boot from the SSD.

There are virtially no options for anything in the BIOS apart from boot order. No "ide mode" or "AHCI mode".

There is only 1 HDD bay in this laptop, there is usually two but this model has extra ram slots in the second hdd bay (hence the 8gb ram - 4 x 2gb).

The hdd detects in the bios and is useable if plugged into another working machine, either internally or via a usb cadddy.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase somebody help!
m
l
June 5, 2010 10:43:47 PM

Hello shineon2010,

Yes, go with a USB Boot disk: much easier and faster loading of Windows 7.

You can download the USB tool for free and copy your Windows 7 ISO to the USB. Complete instructions can be found here:
http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool
Thanks,
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team

m
l
!