and movies

i have selected these
if there is any better in this price range please tell

Compaq Pressario V3424TU
dc T2080 1.73GHz

or

Dell Inspiron 1420
c2d T5250 1.5 GHz

OK, that's more helpful for us. The only thing you will have trouble with on both systems, is gaming. I know you said only mild gaming, but what exactly do you mean? Do you mean World of Warcraft style or Roller Coaster Tycoon style? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but it'll help us give you the best recommendation we can.

devrathnd

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
what the hell is this form like man!

U people asked questions like some great advisors but not a single laptop model quoted

This is not what i as a newbie wanted from this forum its reputaion is going down

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Devrathnd, it's because we need what the laptop configurations actually are, and what you're using them for to make an informed suggestion. "Mild" gaming can mean a things like World of Warcraft or Roller Coaster Tycoon. They have different requirements for computers. It's just that the more information we have, the easier it is for us to make a decision on what you need. I know you may not know about computers as much, but even copy pasting the computer configurations and then saying what games you want to play is helpful.

I apologize for having a life outside of the forums. I don't know much about the two games you listed. If they are older games, then integrated should be able to handle them. Either way, the 1420 would be better off than the Compaq for 2 reasons 1) newer CPU that can be upgraded should you feel the need and 2) While Dell's support isn't the best, it's better than Compaq's.
There was an Asus model that I thought would fit in your price range, but I can't seem to find it. You can try HP's DV6500t, but it's more than the Dell.
If you like the Dell, go onto google and search "Dell coupons". You can usually find some good ones that will cut your cost down.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, I don't think graphics will be a problem. If you're only running DOS for an operating system, it's not going to be the latest games. So yeah, the Dell should be fine. As LostandWandering said, see if you can find coupons and stuff. And delete all the trial software the instant you receive your laptop :p

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
If you want to do even mild gaming, integrated graphics won't cut it. Get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, which also helps with movies.

Not the easiest thing to do with a $750 max budget though. If the games are older a GMA 950 or X3100 should be ok. Won't be the best, but should be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.